Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-05, 12:50 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was another post in this section where someone used a torch to burn out the old bushings but you have to know what your doing because you're using old part and slipping the new bushings when completed. it takes excess time cleaning the arms once it's burnt out.

here's the link but the person did it for an LS which is the same for a GS.

http://lextreme.com/bushing.html
Old 09-08-05, 01:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

trust me, burning might help a bit but there are still more involved afterwards
Old 09-09-05, 06:26 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by corkycal
there was another post in this section where someone used a torch to burn out the old bushings but you have to know what your doing because you're using old part and slipping the new bushings when completed. it takes excess time cleaning the arms once it's burnt out.

here's the link but the person did it for an LS which is the same for a GS.

http://lextreme.com/bushing.html

burning wont do it for this arm , theres a metal sleeve around the bushing itself and it has the thinnest lip i have seen so pressing it out with all the equipment i had at my disposal at the lex dealer did not help, i had to use a high powered air chisel to get it out
Old 09-09-05, 06:28 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
so i promised some pics of the suspension and what bushings are actually being changed out right? this past weekend i visited todd again to put in all the remaining bushings, and i snapped a few pics of the position so you guys know.

note, please do NOT pay attention to the color. i believe all the final bushings are in black color.

pics are taken for the pessenger side front suspension.

this is the caster arm. the red thing is the caster arm bushing that's changed. this arm is also called the strut rod

this is the lower control arm bushing that's changed (notice all the grease put on)

this is the upper control arm, and i am pointing at the bushing changed. there are two sets of bushings at the top (one on each side), and they are both changed out)

henry please ask when they go for sale , i have my extra arms ready to do this , to put the new bushings in ..
Old 09-11-05, 11:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ed i have sent an email to todd myself so hopefully he can get back soon. i have no idea when the mass volumes are coming, but last time i talked to him he said he's just waiting for them to come in basically, they are being made. that's the last words i got.

and as promised, here's another update from me (after having the full set of bushings now for a week). these stuff are really amazing man, i can't lie, i am very happy with them. i am going to have my alignment done this coming wednesday, but so far i am very happy with what i got already.

to recap, i have changed the bushings in the caster arm, the upper control arm, and also the lower control arm. i changed the caster arm bushings 3 weeks ago, and last week i put in the other bushings as well. if i haev to put it, i say the caster arm bushings did like 80% of the improvement and the other bushings did the remaining 20%.

when i first changed my caster arm bushings, the improvement was incredible, you can read it from my previous update. and last week i put in the other bushings, and afterwards i noticed that the final tiny shimming i got on the steering wheel sometimes when the car is going through up and down portion of the highway is gone as well.

steering is also even more precise and tighter on corners, and i also feel it's even more responsive. it's not as noticeable as the previous change, but it's still noticeable enough. i just got a bit of spirited driving one day and i was very confident on turns, fast lane changing, and powering it out of corners. before the bushing changes, these were all "gone" already coz' i knew i would lose control of teh car. i just couldn't control where the steering should go. if i didn't turn enough, understeer. but as soon as i turn "enough", the rear comes out. however now it's very precise and i can totally tell where teh car is going

i am very very happy about these. hopefully after this wednesday i get the alignment done and i can get some more driving and see how the car behaves. the BAD thing is that i injured my back severely this weekend so now i walk like an old guy.... i have to be ultra careful

more updates soon
Old 09-12-05, 01:07 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts
Default hope you get better

Originally Posted by rominl
ed i have sent an email to todd myself so hopefully he can get back soon. i have no idea when the mass volumes are coming, but last time i talked to him he said he's just waiting for them to come in basically, they are being made. that's the last words i got.

and as promised, here's another update from me (after having the full set of bushings now for a week). these stuff are really amazing man, i can't lie, i am very happy with them. i am going to have my alignment done this coming wednesday, but so far i am very happy with what i got already.

to recap, i have changed the bushings in the caster arm, the upper control arm, and also the lower control arm. i changed the caster arm bushings 3 weeks ago, and last week i put in the other bushings as well. if i haev to put it, i say the caster arm bushings did like 80% of the improvement and the other bushings did the remaining 20%.

when i first changed my caster arm bushings, the improvement was incredible, you can read it from my previous update. and last week i put in the other bushings, and afterwards i noticed that the final tiny shimming i got on the steering wheel sometimes when the car is going through up and down portion of the highway is gone as well.

steering is also even more precise and tighter on corners, and i also feel it's even more responsive. it's not as noticeable as the previous change, but it's still noticeable enough. i just got a bit of spirited driving one day and i was very confident on turns, fast lane changing, and powering it out of corners. before the bushing changes, these were all "gone" already coz' i knew i would lose control of teh car. i just couldn't control where the steering should go. if i didn't turn enough, understeer. but as soon as i turn "enough", the rear comes out. however now it's very precise and i can totally tell where teh car is going

i am very very happy about these. hopefully after this wednesday i get the alignment done and i can get some more driving and see how the car behaves. the BAD thing is that i injured my back severely this weekend so now i walk like an old guy.... i have to be ultra careful

more updates soon

I hope you didn't injure your back on account of your taking the photos for us!

Here's a link to some general spinal care advice :

http://www.sghhealth4u.com.sg/health...ne_faqs.htm#17

Not trying to be funny here --- if you watched this season's Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson also suffered from back pain and his doctor banned him from oversteering his car for the next few months as it would aggravate his injury.

You might also want to follow that advice. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 09-12-05, 12:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thank you so much for your concern, i am definitely paying close care on the back, the pain in unbearable. but don't worry, it has nothing to do with you guys and my "test drive", it just myteriously happened this past weekend.

for sure don't expect any updates from me in the next couple of days, i have to drive like a grandpa now (thank got i got the tein cs).

i do hope my update could give you guys more insight though
Old 09-12-05, 12:54 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get better man.... life sux w/o the enjoyment of driving the GS
Old 09-14-05, 06:24 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm anxious for these bushings too! I emailed and spoke with Todd recently and I believe I'm on a waiting list. We'll see. I'd hate to miss out. I'm all about getting rid of the vibration!
Old 09-23-05, 12:27 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They are here!

Only fitment for the 98-99 GS300 and GS400 though, the 00+ will be here in approx 4 weeks.
Old 09-23-05, 01:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by DoubleWhoosh
They are here!

Only fitment for the 98-99 GS300 and GS400 though, the 00+ will be here in approx 4 weeks.
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are finally here!!!!!!!!!!! awesome guys, time to go get yours
Old 09-23-05, 03:01 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I call next in line.
Old 09-23-05, 05:04 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
I call next in line.
how do we order a set right now
Old 09-23-05, 06:20 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
how do we order a set right now

go into tmengineering's website under daizen, and order or call todd himself. i was there last week and he mentioned that 00+ caster arm bushings were a different size.
Old 09-23-05, 07:35 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by corkycal
go into tmengineering's website under daizen, and order or call todd himself. i was there last week and he mentioned that 00+ caster arm bushings were a different size.

i know on todds website but it still says taking orders so i want to be sure if i have some ordered they are ready to be shipped

Quick Reply: Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)