Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-05, 05:54 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Bushing

Anyone know what date these will be available for sale.

Also is Daizen still working on the control arms and control arm bushing for the GS400

Thanks
Ivan
3dog
Old 08-25-05, 06:17 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neo
It has been awhile since I've looked but I think parts will be near the $100+ mark. The labor , however, will be the part that will make you go . I think it is in the 4-500 range.

Neo is right, that's the downside, for those unfamiliar with poly bushings the upside in addition to firmer feel no matter how you drive they should outlive your GS.

Last edited by Indio; 08-26-05 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-25-05, 10:16 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

: O I need a set my steering feels like my rotors are warped when brake at 50-60 mph, I need some, when will these be avaiable for sale? and how $$
Old 08-25-05, 10:16 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

: O I need a set my steering feels like my rotors are warped when brake at 50-60 mph, I need some, when will these be avaiable for sale? and how $$
Old 08-25-05, 10:26 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Finally!!!

Been waiting on these for such a long time!!

I say we do a GROUP BUY on these!
Old 08-25-05, 10:42 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts
Default need diagram/photos to understand

I'm very interested in purchasing a set since it sounds like it'll improve driving feel and handling but I'm still a bit fuzzy as to WHAT exactly I'm buyiing.

Perhaps Todd or some kind suspension expert could post up a diagram or photo of the underside of a 2nd gen GS with clear labelling of the castor arms and other parts of the suspension and also point out(with arrows) where the replacement polyurethane bushings will go.

I think all of us desire better suspension but what holds us back is the fact that most of us don't live near to any mechanics who possess the expertise of Todd or TM--- so we would need to have clear installation diagrams either to refer to ourselves(for the DIYers),or to show our local suspension shops when approaching them to install these new bushings.
Old 08-26-05, 01:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
It has been awhile since I've looked but I think parts will be near the $100+ mark. The labor , however, will be the part that will make you go . I think it is in the 4-500 range.
yeah, installation will be a bit more, but overall i think it's still going to be a bit cheaper than getting all the arms and those installation. getting all those arms and stuff aren't really that cheap

plus the biggest thing is after 50k miles, you will still be running strong
Old 08-26-05, 01:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 3dog
Anyone know what date these will be available for sale.

Also is Daizen still working on the control arms and control arm bushing for the GS400

Thanks
Ivan
3dog
ivan, that's one thing i totally forgot to ask, when will everything be widely avaiable. i imagine it to be very soon though, given that i have the production units already. just make sure you have that credit line available on the cc
Old 08-26-05, 01:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by natnut
I'm very interested in purchasing a set since it sounds like it'll improve driving feel and handling but I'm still a bit fuzzy as to WHAT exactly I'm buyiing.

Perhaps Todd or some kind suspension expert could post up a diagram or photo of the underside of a 2nd gen GS with clear labelling of the castor arms and other parts of the suspension and also point out(with arrows) where the replacement polyurethane bushings will go.

I think all of us desire better suspension but what holds us back is the fact that most of us don't live near to any mechanics who possess the expertise of Todd or TM--- so we would need to have clear installation diagrams either to refer to ourselves(for the DIYers),or to show our local suspension shops when approaching them to install these new bushings.
very nice idea there actually. i was all confused too and todd had to show me all the parts, how they were connected, etc... and our front suspension isn'a all that simple at all, it's a lot of moving parts and pretty complex.

i will see what i can do about the pics next time i am at tm engineering
Old 08-26-05, 02:31 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts
Default thanks in advance

Originally Posted by rominl
very nice idea there actually. i was all confused too and todd had to show me all the parts, how they were connected, etc... and our front suspension isn'a all that simple at all, it's a lot of moving parts and pretty complex.

i will see what i can do about the pics next time i am at tm engineering
Can hardly wait for those photos!

Actual personal experience :

I bought the Daizen sway bars from TM engineering AND I want to say right upfront that I totally love them--good quality, improved cornering, no squeaks. The mechanic who installed them( an ex-Toyota senior mechanic) even said they were manufactured to racing specs--and he's a TRD distributor.

HOWEVER, it was a headache installing them. All GS Daizen sway bar owners who have done the installation will realise that the rear sway bar is longer than the stock factory one. Therefore, for the bar to fit, the rear end links need to to be rotated(unlike the stock sways) before they can accomodate the Daizen sway bar. This peculiarity is specific to Daizen sway bars for the 2nd gen GS model only.

Guess what :
the enclosed instructions and diagrams did not specifically point out this peculiarity.

Me and my mechanic stood in the sweltering tropical weather under my GS300 for the next 2 hrs trying get that darn bar to fit. Finally, I remembered seeing actual photos of the rear end link attaching to a Daizen sway posted on Clublexus. Immediately, we went to the nearest PC, did a forum search and finally dug up the appropriate message thread.

As they say, a picture > thousand words and based on that photo, we finally realised what we were doing wrong. Right now I have enjoyed a few thousand miles of trouble-free motoring on these sways that were installed with such difficulty.

From that experience, I learnt 3 things :

1 ) Daizen makes great quality products.
2 ) Clublexus is a goldmine of lexus information
3 ) Make damn sure you know how to install that expensive automotive part before shipping it , especially if your technical support base is located in North America
and you're 2 thousand miles away on the opposite side of the Pacific Ocean.

I would purchase Daizen products and/or order from TM engineering again without hesitation as I have confidence in their quality and research.
However, i ask that they be more forthcoming in making public their installation instructions/diagrams over the internet since a large part of their clientele depend on third party workshops for the installation of their products.
Old 08-26-05, 07:04 PM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

pics would be great.
Old 08-27-05, 07:12 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
I would purchase Daizen products and/or order from TM engineering again without hesitation as I have confidence in their quality and research.
However, i ask that they be more forthcoming in making public their installation instructions/diagrams over the internet since a large part of their clientele depend on third party workshops for the installation of their products.
The instructions included clearly state this, the only time this happens is if you buy them second hand, or if someone who "knows everything" tosses them aside. Most shops do this for some reason!

There are no omissions from the instructions on what needs to be done.
Old 08-29-05, 07:16 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Question Will my local shop be able to replace these bushings

So will the shop I usually get things done at, be able to get the old bushings off and the new ones on?

It sounds like it is very difficult to get the old ones off.

Just curious, whatever happened to the Daizen replacement control arms?

Ivan
3dog
Old 08-30-05, 12:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

you might want to direct those question to todd or so, i dont know how to answer
Old 08-30-05, 06:37 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Can local shop change these bushings?

Originally Posted by rominl
you might want to direct those question to todd or so, i dont know how to answer

I thought he was already on this thread.

Isn't he DoubleWhoosh?

Ivan
3dog

Quick Reply: Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)