Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Supra TT Front Brake Install.. Thanks lexforlife

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-05, 07:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Supra TT Front Brake Install.. Thanks lexforlife

Just wanted to say thanks to lexforlife(ED) for installing these brakes yesterday They are really massive and have great stopping power.. i also had the privilage of riding in ED's car with the new Rotora brakes... thses things are awesome... We stopped on a dime from 100mph.... I will have a picture up soon of the Supra TT on the Donz..... Also if anyone is looking for coilovers don't over look the Bilstein's Ed's ride was nice and precise on the road... Nice firm ride but not stiff.... very comfortable IMO..... So don't over look these....Again, Thanks to ED i have a nice brake upgrade for a reasonable price....

Tony
Old 07-25-05, 07:43 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Just wanted to say thanks to lexforlife(ED) for installing these brakes yesterday They are really massive and have great stopping power.. i also had the privilage of riding in ED's car with the new Rotora brakes... thses things are awesome... We stopped on a dime from 100mph.... I will have a picture up soon of the Supra TT on the Donz..... Also if anyone is looking for coilovers don't over look the Bilstein's Ed's ride was nice and precise on the road... Nice firm ride but not stiff.... very comfortable IMO..... So don't over look these....Again, Thanks to ED i have a nice brake upgrade for a reasonable price....

Tony
you da man tony , was great hanging and sweating it out yesterday (must have been 95+)

i am glad the supra fit , it reallty does look nice behind those wheels , if you ever want to refinish them let me know for as you see my array of air tools , i could clean off the black paint right down to the meatl and repaint them , maybe a nice red for some aggressive look guess i am hooked on red now huh just let me know , also sorry about that line bro

cant wait to see the pics and cant wait to see the entire package with the coils and all

again great day yesterday and be safe out there bro

remember (nopi atlanta , sept 17 , we want you to join us for a weekend of pure fun bro , try and arrange your schedule and drive up with us and show off that white beauty you got there)
Old 07-25-05, 07:57 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Also if anyone is looking for coilovers don't over look the Bilstein's Ed's ride was nice and precise on the road... Nice firm ride but not stiff.... very comfortable IMO..... So don't over look these........
Thanks to Ed's recommendation, I actually picked up a pair of the Bilstein PSS coilovers last week. Haven't had the chance to get them installed yet, but I'm glad you are able to testify how nice the ride is on them.

Glad you were able to get Ed's old brake setup. I wouldve loved to pick them up had I enough extra money Enjoy the new and improved stopping power
Old 07-25-05, 09:18 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Yea for the money i think the BIlsteins are the way to go.. I'm going to enjoy the Tein but if i knew before hand how great the coilovers are i wiuld have gotten those.. Who know maybe down the road I'll get the Bilstein's.. I don't think I'll have a problem selling The CS's Anyway i can't wait to get the CS's on.. There going to be great... Lets us know how the Bilsteins treat you...

T
Old 07-25-05, 10:28 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not to knock the Bilsteins since I have not driven/rode in a car with them but handling changes are pretty noticeable right away while ride quality changes reveal themselves over time. When I first got the Flex, I loved how they handled and it did not feel that bad (in terms of ride quality). Over time, after driving 40 miles each way to work and taking them everywhere, I realized I did not want to live with that all the time. My wife did not even want to take the GS anymore.

There are many that loves both the ride and handling of the Flex so individual (and the usual riders in that person's car) tolerances vary. Ed obviously loves the PSS but just don't judge living with a suspension by one ride. I know Ed tried a few different things before settling down with these as they were right for him. These things are sometimes a crap shoot and if you are lucky, you find the right setup on the first try. Otherwise, it becomes a costly experiment. (The CS is my third aftermarket setup. )
Old 07-25-05, 01:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i have to agree with neo. i made the same mistake, twice. i rode in the HA in the beginning for 5 mins and cool, got it. after a while i figured it was a mistake, and its a torture to my butt. so i told myself to get the flex coz' it's gotta be the one. mistake again, and now with the tein cs i really have the ride i want.

so bottom line, if i had the chance to try out everything first, i would probably have gone with the tein cs in the beginning.

definitely try out more other setups first before
Old 07-25-05, 02:47 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats on the brakes T. new 20's and now brakes and CS's on the way, whats next...?
Old 07-25-05, 07:32 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by bluelex
congrats on the brakes T. new 20's and now brakes and CS's on the way, whats next...?
Well i guess some suspension mods Next... Tom's front LCB and rear... and probably Daizen set-up... Thats not going to be for a few weeks so i can put some cash aside... I have to admit that having the car since April I'm pretty happy the way everything is turning out... Oh and A... one of my front rotors had a stress crack in it.. So I'm glad i did this upgrade We should hang out sometime the acreage insn't far from my house....maybe 40min....

Tony