Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

my new BIG BIG brake setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-05, 08:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking my new BIG BIG brake setup

well i finally gave and got some really big brakes for the gs.my supra setup was great but seeing bluelex's car live pushed me over the top.

These are the 6 piston 355 2piece rotor by Rotora.

before pics i need to thank some great guys who helped me along the way with this mod

shout out to my goos good friend steve from carson , steve you are a great guy to do business with and to talk with as well , thanks for setting this up and getting them to me so fast and bearing the countless emails back and forth about fitting and stuff thanks bro

next up is ken , lexogod , ken much props to you bro for you guidance and help with making sure everything was right with rotora

glenn,jpi,1niceride,dr.gand ogs , thanks for your inputs via PM as well you guys get me positive while waiting for the shipment to arrive

and to Adrian (bluelex) , bro i sincerely appreciate you taking the time out to post some info which really helped my remain calm while again waiting for them to arrive , your car was a inspiration to me to open up the wallet and upgrade them, seeing your inperson just blew me away at the Jm meet, thanks for being a gentleman and just a great person

now on to the pics

talk about close fit actually they are as bulky or equal to supra tt within 1/8 of inch i still had about 3mm of space to clear

i will update after i pad and season the rotors but for now man do these mothers grab , in the rears i kept the ls430 setup but swapped ot for the rotora rotos to match the fronts and also changed the pads to the new axis ultimates plus with are a ceramic type race pad to match the fronts in friction /bite they work , down the road i might add the 4 pot rears but these are great for now

the calipers are light as hell , theirs a huge diff in the 2 piece rotor weight , the car accelerates easier , handling feels like a shed a couple of hundred pounds

overall praise god i am happy

again thanks to all who helped out
Old 07-23-05, 08:50 AM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good, congrats
Old 07-23-05, 09:15 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet... The brakes look hot man! Glad everything worked out for you. Enjoy the monster stopping power!
Old 07-23-05, 09:16 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

looks great. congrats on the new mod
Old 07-23-05, 09:16 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn ed, talk about rambling and rambling... i thought i was NEVER gonna see the pics but in all seriousness, it looks absolutley amazing. i love your car bro, real tight and thos brakes just look like they belong there
Old 07-23-05, 09:19 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

congrats on the bbk. They look great
Old 07-23-05, 09:26 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats Ed ... let us know the difference between the Rotora 6pot vs the SupraTT

And how well the rears work with this 6 pot
Old 07-23-05, 09:32 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking good Ed

now just get a reason to stop better

cough cough FI
Old 07-23-05, 09:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GTFM
looking good Ed

now just get a reason to stop better

cough cough FI

thanks johnny , its being worked on believe me , the crew i hang with down in ft lauderdale all have turbo sc's , they are making sure i get under boost soon enough , trust me on this

thanks ken , alex and varsity for the props

thanks bluegs400 , appreciate the comps bro

alex, so far it really apprears the larger ls430 calipers with the huge pads matched with the 13in supra rotor works well , so far it appears rears grab as hard as fronts although i might suspect bias is slightly towards front which is fine , for unless i am doing canyon type running or autocrossing the slightly more front bias is fine

guys you should be getting with alex on the rear brake mod , hes a top notch guy who really knows his stuff , the ls 430 caliper and larger rotor balances out the supra tt upgrade and ls400/430 front upgrades , braking is the most critical part of perf tuning , what sense does it make to go fast , real fast and cant stop and cant stop fast
Old 07-23-05, 10:22 AM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ed, that looks great. Really tempting. This will be the next item on my mod list
Old 07-23-05, 10:26 AM
thejooce
Driver School Candidate

looks great... but need to work on getting a better camera
Old 07-23-05, 10:34 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by thejooce
looks great... but need to work on getting a better camera
thanks bro , yeah i know about the camera but i cant do mods and buy camera too , hell i cam barely afford to eat as it is now while doing these mods

thanks jacob , i could not resist.. i have to admit , whenever i look at a tricked out car , my eyes tend to zoom in on brakes , so i have been trying to convince myself supra is enough supra is enough but damm huge calipers in red with 14.25 rotor is pure hotness behind open spoke wheels so i had to give in and do it .. stopping power as ken said to me in a email is truly unbelieveable its almost like if i touch the pedal it grabs instantly. such a smooth linear feel to them like if i was to try and stop from 100 i could right at a intersection without slowing down first

i will update more about perf after i finish seasoning the rotor and then do the pad bed in process but i have new set of toyo t1r tires front and back going on wednesday next week which should give me even better braking
Old 07-23-05, 10:43 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Ed, the new brakes look sick bro! Congrats on the awesome upgrade!!
Old 07-23-05, 11:01 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats ed! seriously those calipers look 10 times better than the supra tt ones . so...whats next up for your ride?

cody
Old 07-23-05, 11:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
congrats ed! seriously those calipers look 10 times better than the supra tt ones . so...whats next up for your ride?

cody
thanks cody , they are massive , its funnt now when i stop at lights i see people breaking their necks to look at the wheels and pointing

well the only thing left is BOOOOOST , interior done, brakes done, susp more then done , body kit almost done ( i am really thinking about doing the vertex front bumber to show off intercooler )do you think a vertex front will line up with ltuned sides i wish someone could grant me a burthday wish and photoshop a vertex bumper onto my car

Quick Reply: my new BIG BIG brake setup