Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: what color will look the best
gold / bronze
16.16%
red
26.26%
black
47.47%
gun metal. (if i can find a high temp)
10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

what color calipers?

Old 07-19-05, 04:02 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what color calipers?

I am trying to figure out what color will look best on my car. it is antique bronze mica. the wheels,grill,trunkbar,headlights and badges are all gun metal. just trying to get a little input on what yall think.
Old 07-19-05, 04:13 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRULUX
I am trying to figure out what color will look best on my car. it is antique bronze mica. the wheels,grill,trunkbar,headlights and badges are all gun metal. just trying to get a little input on what yall think.

TRULUX,

Funny thing I ran into this thread....I have the same color car (Mine is a GS 400) and I have been contemplating the same question for the last few weeks.

I am leaning towards the Bronze color myself, or if I could afford it I would have the Endless Blue.

Just my input....

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 07-19-05, 04:32 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you talking about painting the OEM caliper or a BBK?
Old 07-19-05, 04:37 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Neo
Are you talking about painting the OEM caliper or a BBK?
NEO,

If you are referring to me, I was thinking that same thing as TRULUX about painting my OEM brakes, but I also included that if I could afford the BBK from Endless I would have that color and them on my car.

I am in the black hole for mods.....it never ends.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 07-19-05, 05:06 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I think gold/bronze would look sick behind gunmetal wheels
Old 07-19-05, 05:21 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

yes the o.e ones i also plan for brembo rotors and new pads, (still looking) and stainless brake lines.
Old 07-19-05, 09:24 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want to dress up the OEM ones, I'd just go with black. It is different enough to be different but won't call too much attention to them. If you have BBKs, go with what you like. Everyone has different intentions with their brakes. Even though I have StopTechs, I still did not want to go with other colors because [b]I[/] don't think the Bronze color works too well with red/blue. I went with black. Now, that's just me.

There are people who have done red/blue/gold/... with their OEM and they are happy. It is just individual tastes.

Bottom line: My vote is for black because that is what I'd do. You do what you like.
Old 07-20-05, 10:36 AM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

i was also leaning towards black. i already have the white caliper stickers. so if i do decide on another color i would have to get some black ones but that is not a big deal.
Old 07-20-05, 10:45 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

simple...if its stock calipers...black it is...if its bbk...choose one you like
Old 07-25-05, 02:44 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If its oem than BLK. If you ever go BBK than blk or a custom gunmetal color would look pretty sick..or dam bronze would look great aswell.
Old 08-20-05, 10:44 AM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

mods you can close this poll. i am going with the black if my car is not past the point of no return. as some of yall know itwas rear ended about a month ago. the insurance still has not made up its mind on what they are going to do. with all the work that just got done.
Old 10-21-05, 06:45 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could any of you guys tell me where I can get some gold caliber paint? Question, do you think silver delcals would look better on a gold caliber or would black decals look better? Thanks in advance...I think the gold with the bronze color car would look the best.
Old 10-26-05, 11:23 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

LEXISM:

I think you would be able to buy the caliper paint from a autosports salon or at your local speed shop. I know of a place but they only sell: White; Red; Blue; and Yellow but no Gold or metallics.

I will keep the look out for you, as I am still also debating on which color to use on my car. (Antique Bronze Mica.) I am soon to buy a new stagger set of rims that will be polished with gold centers, although I will not know for sure how they will look with the color of my car. I guess I will have to wait till I buy the rims to set them next to the car to see how they fair out.

** Found a website that sells caliper paint **

http://wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merch...+CALIPER+PAINT

Price is about $34.00 for the kit, looks reasonable though. Good luck!

Cheers,

Revhard191

Last edited by Revhard191; 10-26-05 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Found website that sells caliper paint.
Old 06-05-06, 11:39 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm with you on that one. IMO, nothing screams RICE louder than small factory calipers painted red, yellow, or some other look-at-me color. Big brakes are serious upgrades if done right, and to me, painting a factory low-performance caliper red, etc. in attempt to look like a brake upgrade is But like you said, it's just individual tastes, I suppose....

Originally Posted by Neo
If you want to dress up the OEM ones, I'd just go with black. It is different enough to be different but won't call too much attention to them. If you have BBKs, go with what you like. Everyone has different intentions with their brakes. Even though I have StopTechs, I still did not want to go with other colors because [b]I[/] don't think the Bronze color works too well with red/blue. I went with black. Now, that's just me.

There are people who have done red/blue/gold/... with their OEM and they are happy. It is just individual tastes.

Bottom line: My vote is for black because that is what I'd do. You do what you like.

Last edited by I6turbo; 06-05-06 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-05-06, 01:24 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Soooo....I have a set of 4 pot Supra TT calipers that are painted red. Is this considered rice?

On one hand its twice as big as the stock brakes and are MUCH more powerful, but on the other hand it is still an OEM part off a Supra

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what color calipers?