Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Will Strut Bar fit SC300 with Traction Control?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-05, 02:12 PM
buuzy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Strut Bar fit SC300 with Traction Control?

Are those strut bar universal across all SC300's? Don't want to get the wrong one.
Old 07-19-05, 02:35 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Post Hello

Originally Posted by buuzy
Are those strut bar universal across all SC300's? Don't want to get the wrong one.
I am new here. I dont know much about cars but I am learning over CL forum step by step. People here provides great information and I am very appreciated.
Well, you could specify your engine model first to figure out what strut bar you need for your vehicle. Like as you know SC400 and SC300 have a different engine on it so they need a different strut tower bar for each. Also 2JZ-GE strut bars are hard to find with less price. You can find 93-98 supra non-turbo model as well. This strut bar should fit your SC300, if my knowledge is not wrong... I saw the one for sc300 on eBay at around $170. Good luck
Old 10-06-12, 02:26 PM
hellllboy
Driver School Candidate

Been trying to get the decent answer for this question probably for a month.. Looked through the forum. All the possible combinations on google. Couldnt find a cheap setup anywhere. So decided to experiment .
I have 1997 sc300 with 2jzge
Bought this strut bar Tanabe TTB012F for Toyota Supra 1993-1998
Amazon Ordered from amazon 60$ shipped.
After reading some other peoples review decided to order Reinforcement Rings Also
Toyota Part:
REINFORCEMENT, FR SP
Part NO.: 53723-24012
http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/t...723-24012.html
Dont worry it will fit sc300 even though it says its for supra only.
Well let me tell you...
installed it today...
Perfect fit... Didn't have to bent anything. No modifications done to the car.
Now i see that Reinforcement ring was extra 45$ spent. Could have installed it without those.Even though it adds extra durability to your suspension.
So for guys on budget like me... ideal solution for 60$ only...
And dont you worry about reliability of Tanabe... Had some other products from them... never was disappointed... the stur is very solid. Off course not as solid as 200$ one but hey, its 140$ difference...
Let me tell you i felt the difference right after the fist turn. It feels like i gained about 25-40% sensitivity from the steering wheel. Much sharper than it was before, less flimsy...
The only problem that i came across... for some reason the Tanabe logo was inverted facing the windshield... tried everything its just the way it is... Other than that... Happy Happy Happy
Next mod is going to be Supra Back Sway bar... little harder to find and install but now the car is just asking for a sharper suspension at the back...