Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

tein coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-01, 01:57 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright i have a few questions. im getting the teins soon, and i want to be able to make the ride just as comfortable as stock once i get them. Although it will mostly be set at a harsh ride for better handling, its always good to know that u could make it just as smooth as stock (just for those special occassions and when u go to sell it). will the tein ha be comparably smooth compared to stock when its at its smoothest setting? or should i just get the cs?

now, how hard is it to adjust its height once its installed? would i be able to do it myself? does anyone know how much lexus might charge?

i just have the stock 16 inch rims. im more for perfomance than handling, so i dont want to get any rims over 17 inches. i was thinkin of maybe getting the stock 17's. would that make it look alot better when i drop it? would it look bad to drop it on the stock 16s? would there be much of a diff between 16 and 17?

any opinions are greatly appreciated.

thanks

Old 06-28-01, 04:58 PM
GSPOWER
Driver

i have the tein ha for about 9 months and tried the hardest and the softest setting. on the hardest setting, you will feel every little bump or rock on the road, but you will be able to eliminate most of the body roll when you take corners. your car will feel like a race car. definitely fun every once in a while but i would not keep it on this setting for daily driving.
on the softest setting, the car feels closer to stock, but dont expect the same cushy ride. it will be a littler harder. i know the cs are softer than the ha.

once you have it installed adjusting the height is not very easy, unless you have a lift in your garage. you would have to take off your wheels to get to the coilover. the rear ones are especially hard to get to. not something you would want to do often. when you have your coilover installed, make sure it's at the height you want, so you dont have to re-adjust it yourself.

i had stock 16s too before i got my 18s. if your into performance, then definitely get bigger and wider tires. i have 245 F and 275 R and now my handling is AWESOME!!! i love my new setup. no point in buying stock 17s with 225 tires. with 18s you will have a good balance between looks and performance.

Old 07-09-01, 11:16 PM
kodai
Driver

i have had the HA system on my car. I took them off after two months. That is how long it took me to get the CS system. The CS system is great. I still have a great ride as well as the adjustablity of the suspention. You can adjust how high, up to three inches. Or how low, down about 3 too 4 inches from stock. Butt all this with still a great ride.
Old 07-09-01, 11:44 PM
RacingAristo

GSPOWER,

How many stiffness clicks do you set for your daily driving?
Old 07-10-01, 09:09 PM
kodai
Driver

8 clicks from the hardest in the front and 7 in the rear.
Old 07-10-01, 11:36 PM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tein coilover VS Ltuned

im running Ltuned suspension now, but im thinking to get TEINs, But which model should i get???
CS??? or HA??? because i want to have my ride same as the Ltuned for normal daily driving, is it possible?? or its gonna be too harsh cus its Tein coilovers???
thanks in adcance for the reply
Old 07-10-01, 11:40 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kyle,

without a doubt, get the CS(comfort seires) form the TEINS. HA, even at the softest setting is more aggressive than the l-tunes.

will
Old 07-10-01, 11:41 PM
RacingAristo

For comfort, go with CS.
Old 07-11-01, 12:22 AM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tein CS can be the same as Ltuned?

so u guys mean that Tein CS can be as stiff as Ltuned , and also can be even stiffer to offer better handling??
Old 07-11-01, 12:40 AM
RacingAristo

Though I've not ride in TEIN CS GS, according to some members' feedbacks, they are very comfortable, as "soft" as L-tuned. It can change the stiffness but that's nothing compared with TEIN HA. I don't think TEIN HA as stiff but more firm. I can have total control of the car....well, at least most of the time.
Old 07-18-01, 12:54 PM
bLingIn3o0
Pole Position

ANYONE willing to sell their TEIN's? Let me know...