Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-tuned suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-05, 10:22 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-tuned suspension

Hey guys, I got my hands on some money and thinking of gettin me the L- tuned suspension. Now im not looking for anything super stiff, I dont want to lower the car, I just want something stiffer then stock that still as smooth as stock yet stiffer. Will I be satisifed with L-tuned? and whats the price on springs and shocks? I found some stuff on ebay for around 400, can the setup be found cheaper?
Old 05-25-05, 05:19 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the l-tuned stuff is being manufactured any longer, but from what I understand, the springs will lower your car about an inch. BTW I was just quoted a price of $416 from Sewell for S/S combo.
Old 05-25-05, 07:07 AM
maaloxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vicestan
Hey guys, I got my hands on some money and thinking of gettin me the L- tuned suspension. Now im not looking for anything super stiff, I dont want to lower the car, I just want something stiffer then stock that still as smooth as stock yet stiffer. Will I be satisifed with L-tuned? and whats the price on springs and shocks? I found some stuff on ebay for around 400, can the setup be found cheaper?
L-Tuned springs will lower your vehicle by 20mm!
Old 05-25-05, 09:34 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now where's that damn metric converter calculator, I know I put it here some where.
Old 05-25-05, 11:12 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension !!!

Def a good choice for what your looking for !!!
Old 05-25-05, 03:38 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

l-tuned lowers approx 1.25" all around

if you don't want to lower, but want a stiffer ride, get Bilstein sport shocks and use them with stock springs

Now I'm just waiting for the coilover G-ds to come in here and sway you differently
Old 05-25-05, 07:45 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Wait so the springs play no roll as far as stiffness? just the height? so I can buy the shocks and keep the stock springs and get my desired performance?
Old 05-25-05, 07:45 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY

if you don't want to lower, but want a stiffer ride, get Bilstein sport shocks and use them with stock springs

I have been surfing around Cl and have seen a few refrence to this setup and a clunking noise I too wish to stiffen my ride a bit (not too rough though) but dont want to lower the car any. I have a 98 GS400 with 20" wheels. I dont have a ton of room to lower so stock highth for me is fine. Just want to make it drive better on the freeway. I probably will do the l-tuned ecu, and am tring to figure out what to do tho the shocks springs. Any info would be great.
Old 05-26-05, 05:42 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Hey man I had the l-tuned setup for a year and it was awesome. Rode like stock nice subtle drop and comfy ride. If you want an aggressive drop this is not what you want but for a nice subtle drop it is great.
Old 05-26-05, 09:45 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

So I should buy the l-tuned springs? Are they any differen from stock springs besides the fact that they drop the car? I can live with a small drop but I would only buy the L-Tuned springs if they were actually made of a stiffer metal.
Old 05-26-05, 11:34 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EFMJR
I have been surfing around Cl and have seen a few refrence to this setup and a clunking noise I too wish to stiffen my ride a bit (not too rough though) but dont want to lower the car any. I have a 98 GS400 with 20" wheels. I dont have a ton of room to lower so stock highth for me is fine. Just want to make it drive better on the freeway. I probably will do the l-tuned ecu, and am tring to figure out what to do tho the shocks springs. Any info would be great.
Hey Guys,

Here is a picture of my car which is a GS 400 with L-Tuned Shocks and L-Tuned Springs, It might be a little hard to see the drop of my car in the grass but I will try to take some better pictures of it on the street for better reference.

I may be selling my set-up soon due to the TEIN CS Set up is back ordered a couple more weeks from the last time I called TEIN directly. ( Hint...Hint!)

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 05-26-05, 12:08 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Revhard191
Hey Guys,

Here is a picture of my car which is a GS 400 with L-Tuned Shocks and L-Tuned Springs, It might be a little hard to see the drop of my car in the grass but I will try to take some better pictures of it on the street for better reference.

I may be selling my set-up soon due to the TEIN CS Set up is back ordered a couple more weeks from the last time I called TEIN directly. ( Hint...Hint!)

Cheers,

Revhard191

How will it work with 20" wheels, I knoticed your running 19". I get the occasional rub now and then in the front, thats why I wish to try and stay stock heighth.
Old 05-26-05, 12:14 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY

Since L-Tuned may not be available anymore, and since the L-Tuned springs are actually Eibach and the shocks are rebadged KYB, you can get a similar setup by using the Eibach Pro-Kit springs along with KYB shocks. For a little stiffer go with the Bilsteins, which are also lifetime warranty and better quality. The L-Tuned springs ARE stiffer than stock, it is absolutely worth changing them if you want to take the looseness out of the ride, to answer your question.
Old 05-26-05, 05:16 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Question Suspension ???

So what about eibach springs and Bilstein shocks what would that do and how you guys think the ride will be ??? Since the L-Tuned is renamed KYB's and Springs are renamed Eibachs ???
Old 05-27-05, 08:14 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbig
So what about eibach springs and Bilstein shocks what would that do and how you guys think the ride will be ??? Since the L-Tuned is renamed KYB's and Springs are renamed Eibachs ???
Didn't I just say that?????

Quick Reply: L-tuned suspension