Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein CS Clank

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-05, 05:52 PM
beaterKU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Tein CS Clank

Ok, I know there have been a lot of threads about the Tein CS kit and the noises that it makes. I am getting a clanking noise out of my left rear. I have had the kit on about 2 months now. I am a little concerned that a kit that cost this much is making noises like it is. I am going to take the wheel off tom and take a gander and see if anything is loost. My question is, is anyone else experienceing a clanking noise?

Any input will be much appriciates.

Nick
Old 05-07-05, 06:41 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have any clanking with my CS. Let us know what you see down there.
Old 05-07-05, 08:42 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160794

Check out my thread here. I have a clank also on the front right side. There is a rubber piece that is at the top of the coilover under a nut and washer and on mine it totally disintegrated. The rubber shavings are still on top of the coilover. I have pics in the thread for you to look at. I talked to steve and gave him the pictures and he is talking to Tein to see what I need to do. If I need to send the coilover back in I will just buy a new coilover and send the damaged one in later. I hope all I need to do is replace the rubber piece and all will be good.

i suggest you go in the trunk and take out the lining and look at the rubber piece on the coilover and make sure that isnt the problem.

I only get the noise when I go over a bump or a pothole. Is that the same that you experience?
Old 05-08-05, 02:15 PM
beaterKU
Pole Position

Ok, after a little inspection I found that the shop who installed my kit failed to torque down the top retaining nut on the strut rod. I find this to be absolutly rediculous. I am going to be at their door bright and early tom. morning to let them know about this. Since a simple task like this was not taken care of, I went throught the entire suspension and check and torque all bolts to specs. I mean seriously, how hard is it to read the instructions and torque down such an important nut.

-A very angry Nick

PS: GS3300Rich, you might want to check your top nut. If this nut is loost, I can see how it could destroy the rubber bushing on top.
Old 05-08-05, 03:27 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Although it was not good that the shop did that, I'm glad to see you foound the problem and can go back to enjoying the car.
Old 05-08-05, 04:01 PM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Yeh... Id be more then pissed.

Good luck. And let us know what the shop says.
Old 05-08-05, 07:45 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by beaterKU
Ok, after a little inspection I found that the shop who installed my kit failed to torque down the top retaining nut on the strut rod. I find this to be absolutly rediculous. I am going to be at their door bright and early tom. morning to let them know about this. Since a simple task like this was not taken care of, I went throught the entire suspension and check and torque all bolts to specs. I mean seriously, how hard is it to read the instructions and torque down such an important nut.

-A very angry Nick

PS: GS3300Rich, you might want to check your top nut. If this nut is loost, I can see how it could destroy the rubber bushing on top.

Thanks for the info Nick. I was wondering if that could be the culpret of my damage. When you torqued the nut down did you have to remove the edfc motor? I will hopefully hear about this rubber part and maybe I can order a new one. If that is the cause the shop that worked on this will definately be getting the repair bill
Old 05-08-05, 07:58 PM
beaterKU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Thanks for the info Nick. I was wondering if that could be the culpret of my damage. When you torqued the nut down did you have to remove the edfc motor? I will hopefully hear about this rubber part and maybe I can order a new one. If that is the cause the shop that worked on this will definately be getting the repair bill
I actaually don't have my EDFC installed yet. I just used a a torque wrecch to torque them down. As I was looking throught the tein manual, I noticed that there are part numbers for the rubber bushing. I don't know if you have found those numbers yet, but I thought I would throw that out there.

-Nick
Old 05-09-05, 01:47 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Nick, could you pm those numbers to me? Or post them here. My tein manual is in the boxes which is in storage right now. Maybe I can just call up tein and order directly from them.

Rich
Old 05-09-05, 02:43 PM
beaterKU
Pole Position

Rear Assembly - Part #2 on diagram --> Rubber Bush - RMP02-A9951
Front Assembly - Part #2 on diagram --> Rubber Bush - RMP02-A9951

Nick
Old 05-09-05, 03:14 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the help Nick. I will see what I can do
Old 05-10-05, 12:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow damn, loose nuts, that's pretty bad man..... sorry to hear that, but glad that you found the problem so soon.
Old 02-06-22, 08:25 AM
Jbanuelos
Driver School Candidate

Default Tein type cs upper mount bushing

I recently got that problem where my rubber bushing gave up. I emailed tein but it seems like they don’t even know the part number. I sent them pictures and all and nothing I got a lower bushing replacement something I didn’t need. If you do know the part number or anyone know where I can get the replacement bushing please send the link.
Old 02-08-22, 05:18 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

Received 463 Likes on 377 Posts

Jbanuelos, You probably just need to order a whole new upper mount for that coilover.