Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installing L-Tuned Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-05, 04:08 PM
Billh2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing L-Tuned Shocks

Does anyone know what the flat rate manual shows for replacing the shocks on a 2001 GS430? Debating whether or not to do the job myself. On of the local shops wants $390. plus tax and alignment. Thought that was a little high. ??
Thanks
Bill
Old 05-03-05, 11:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

390? that's outrages... it's just like swapping springs and shocks, usually it doesn't take more than 2 hours
Old 05-04-05, 09:08 AM
Billh2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
390? that's outrages... it's just like swapping springs and shocks, usually it doesn't take more than 2 hours
That's what I thought. This is another case of "If you can afford to drive a Lexus, you can afford to let us bend you over, touch your toes and we'll show you where the wild goose goes!

I love living in a small town but sometimes I hate small town mentality. Recently, the dealers got together and did an advertising blitz about keeping money locally, they swore they would beat any prices from the out of town dealers. A guy I know priced a new Camry. The local dealer swore it was the very best deal he would get any ware. To keep the guy honest, he also had a Seattle dealership quote the same car. While he was test driving the Camry from the local dealership, WITH the salesman in the car, he got a cell call from the Seattle Toyota store. They quoted him the same car $1000.00 less than the best price at the local dealership. He made the deal over the phone. The local salesman offered to go $1100 less, but by now the guy felt he had been lied to. And they wonder why there are so many cars with out of town license plate frames.
The beatings will continue until morale improves!
Old 05-04-05, 01:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Billh2
That's what I thought. This is another case of "If you can afford to drive a Lexus, you can afford to let us bend you over, touch your toes and we'll show you where the wild goose goes!

I love living in a small town but sometimes I hate small town mentality. Recently, the dealers got together and did an advertising blitz about keeping money locally, they swore they would beat any prices from the out of town dealers. A guy I know priced a new Camry. The local dealer swore it was the very best deal he would get any ware. To keep the guy honest, he also had a Seattle dealership quote the same car. While he was test driving the Camry from the local dealership, WITH the salesman in the car, he got a cell call from the Seattle Toyota store. They quoted him the same car $1000.00 less than the best price at the local dealership. He made the deal over the phone. The local salesman offered to go $1100 less, but by now the guy felt he had been lied to. And they wonder why there are so many cars with out of town license plate frames.
The beatings will continue until morale improves!
man that sux... but yeah as a customer you should always check around to make sure you get what's best for yourself
Old 05-09-05, 02:15 PM
whatuusay1
Driver

Hmm 390.... me thinks I'm getting screwed... I am actually in the process of getting new struts, springs and rotors for my 99GS400. I have all parts.. (Brembo rotors, tein springs) I havent picked out struts - would like ltuned tho... any links to buy them? ... anyways... my local shop quoted me 610 labor to install the parts and an allignment.....