Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Problem with Tein CS, need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-05, 05:16 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Problem with Tein CS, need help

I was cleaning out my engine bay tonight and noticed something strange with the Tein CS coilover on the passenger side. There is a nut under the edfc that sits on top of a washer. Under the washer is a rubber gromet or something of that nature. On the passenger side this rubber piece is eroded and the washer moves up and down freely. Has anyone heard of this and does anyone know what causes it and what can be done to fix it? I have noticed lately that when I go over bumps there is a sort of clanging noise coming from that side and I am almost positive now that this is what its coming from. I hope there isnt something seriously wrong with my coilover. Any help would be appreciated. I wont be able to post pics until tomorrow night because my girl has my dig camera. Mods could you please leave it here for a while.
Old 04-28-05, 07:53 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks Rich. Good luck. How long have you had them? how many miles?
Old 04-29-05, 01:14 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

about a year and a half but they were off the car for 6 months when I had the airride on the car. I have put about 12k miles on them since the purchase. I dont think there is any damage to the coilover I just think that the rubber piece that has been eroded needs to be replaced and it will be fine. I just dont know if this needs to be sent back to TEIN or if I can do it. Anyone know if I can just order a new coilover for the passenger front? I will post up some pics today or tommorow and hopefully get more help with this problem, Thanks for the reply chuck
Old 05-01-05, 07:19 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Nobody can help?
Old 05-02-05, 02:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

personally i don't have any good suggestion so that's why i didn't reply

maybe you can just email tein or call them up? i heard they are pretty responsive
Old 05-02-05, 09:05 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I figured if anyone knew what was wrong it would be you henry. I guess I will have to call them up and see what the deal is. Anyone know if I would be able to purchase just one coilover since the other ones are fine? I dont really want to send it out to be repaired as that would probably take a while.
Old 05-02-05, 11:08 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

I'd call em up. maybe they will just send you replacement part.
Old 05-02-05, 11:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I figured if anyone knew what was wrong it would be you henry. I guess I will have to call them up and see what the deal is. Anyone know if I would be able to purchase just one coilover since the other ones are fine? I dont really want to send it out to be repaired as that would probably take a while.
man i don't think i have had coilover long enough to see that, sorry

but yeah, i hitnk if you do custom order you can get just one coilover i suppose

but worst come to worst, you can just get the bad one rebuilt?
Old 05-03-05, 01:28 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I would get it rebuilt but then I would have to take the coilover off the car, put the stock unit back on with the eibach spring and hope that they are close in height. THen wait who knows how long to get it back. Honestly without all that hassle I would just rather shell out the money and get a new one. I mean 1/4 of 1200 is 300 so it shouldnt be much more than that
Old 05-03-05, 01:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I would get it rebuilt but then I would have to take the coilover off the car, put the stock unit back on with the eibach spring and hope that they are close in height. THen wait who knows how long to get it back. Honestly without all that hassle I would just rather shell out the money and get a new one. I mean 1/4 of 1200 is 300 so it shouldnt be much more than that
yeah that's very true. but it will probably be more than 300 if you buy them separate, no clue how much though. keep us posted, i am sure people wanna know too
Old 05-03-05, 04:10 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I emailed steve to see if he knew what was wrong and see if he could help. I am sure he is in touch with Tein pretty often so I hope he can contact them and find out if this is something that can be replaced or what. If he cant get me any info I will contact tein myself and see what needs to be done. Hopefully I can just replace the rubber piece without a major overhaul of the coilover. I will let you know what happens
Old 05-03-05, 05:17 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

I emailed steve to see if he knew what was wrong and see if he could help. I am sure he is in touch with Tein pretty often so I hope he can contact them and find out if this is something that can be replaced or what. If he cant get me any info I will contact tein myself and see what needs to be done. Hopefully I can just replace the rubber piece without a major overhaul of the coilover. I will let you know what happens
hey Rich, Does Tein not have a # you can just call them at directly? also, maybe they can give you a damage replacement discount for a new one if need be?
Old 05-03-05, 08:28 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

just bumped into this, if it helps.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=126479

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spoke with Todd at TM engineering he told me that race teams go 1 entire season before a rebuild so the average joe driving on the street they should last 50-60k miles and a rebuild i think he said was $75 per strut and there is a 3 day turnaround time i hope i helped
Old 05-04-05, 01:37 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the find chuck. I am talking to steve now about this. I dont think my coilover needs revalved so Im not sure if the cost and turnaround time would be the same for me. Once I hear from steve I will go from there.
Old 05-05-05, 01:43 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I just sent a pic to Steve of the problems and he is going to forward the pics and info to Tein for me and let me know what can be done. He said if it is just a replacement piece it wont be hard to get. Hopefully it wont be more than that. I uploaded some pics to my gallery. I will see if I can bring them in here

Last edited by GS300Rich; 05-05-05 at 02:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Problem with Tein CS, need help