Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Turbo front strut bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-05, 05:49 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo front strut bar

Well good news, I recieved my 93-98 toyota supra front tower bar today and all I had to do was drill new holes and add a spacer and the bar fit like was ment to be. I payed 8 dollers for the bar lol on ebay just to experiment plus 20 dollers for delivery but hey I just tryed doing cornering and the feel is much better. So if you dont feel like payin over 100 dollers for a trd bar just get one of these and use some elbow greace
Old 04-15-05, 06:16 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats any pics or a possible write up ??
Old 04-15-05, 08:34 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Yes I will take pictures maybe this sunday and il try to post asap with details.
Old 04-16-05, 06:38 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$8 that is really cheap for a STB what is it made of? Please post pics. Congrats on the DIY
Old 04-16-05, 07:24 AM
dmodstl
Lexus Test Driver

You mentioned you noticed an immediate difference in the cornering of the vehicle. Just curious of what type of difference and at what speeds? Thanks
Old 04-16-05, 07:58 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

The bar appears to be made out of alluminum, and I was doing 35mph turns ( L turns ) around my new new housing construsion lot and I could tell right away the front of the car was not rolling to the sides as much as before. I also took the car about 30 miles last night to pick something up and was testing the bar again and so far im very happy. PS: here is the bar http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
Old 04-16-05, 08:07 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

talk about bang for the buck...........
Old 04-16-05, 08:17 AM
dmodstl
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the link. I'll be looking forward to seeing pics and a write-up.
Old 04-16-05, 08:49 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm
ib guess im used to looking at the strut bars on CL

that looks real thin ..but if you say ti works thats cool
Old 04-16-05, 11:42 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
hmm
ib guess im used to looking at the strut bars on CL

that looks real thin ..but if you say ti works thats cool
This looks like the construction design of the UGO bar. Maybe UGO was inspired by this bar.

Was this an aftermarket bar for the Supra or was it an OEM one? I've never seen under the hood of a Supra.
Old 04-16-05, 01:04 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
This looks like the construction design of the UGO bar. Maybe UGO was inspired by this bar.

Was this an aftermarket bar for the Supra or was it an OEM one? I've never seen under the hood of a Supra.
You are right neo. THis is remarkably similar to the CF ugo stb I have on my GS, although the plates that mount to the shock mounts seem like they are a little bit thicker on the UGO. But $8 is a lot less than what i paid for the UGO
Old 04-17-05, 07:07 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Okay I got the picture for the front strut bar. Okay all I did once I got my bar I put it togather and placed the bar over my shock mounts (you have to remove the Fuse box on the passanger side its only 3 bolts in order to mount this bar). Then I adjusted the bars length via adjuster bolts and configured it to the right length. Now the lexus gs shock bolts wont fit in the pre drilled holes so you have to place the bar as straight as possible and as even as possible. When you place bar you have to place it so the y support has one of the sub support legs the one thats going more to the side facing towards you because this will first of all help you remount ur fuse box and second it will allow you to place the marks for new bolts as far away from the old holes as possible ( to give you the best strength). Once its all in place you have to visualy mark the holes from the top on the base and I pretty much used a dremmel to quickly mark the hole with as little vibration on the bar as possible. Once you marked the holes take out ur drill and drill bits and start on drillin!. When you finnish the new holes they wont be perfect ( well mine werent maybe if you find a better way to mark them) so just use a dremmel bit to grind down the hole or use your drill. Once the holes are done and they fit right your going to need a height adjuster beacause the bar is a tad short, for now im using regular bolt spacers but im planning on gettin the same spacers that are already installed on top of the shock absorbers, a lexus dealer is giving me 4 for 10 bucks im sure you can find something else.

[img[https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/35764Picture_012-med.jpg[/img]
Old 04-17-05, 07:36 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I saw the pic in another thread and it looks great. for the diy and effort
Old 04-18-05, 12:07 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

hm i have a carbon fiber piece i could probably use if i had those ends.
Old 04-18-05, 12:40 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

You can use the carbon fire bar, just buy this one its only 8 bucks plus shipping : ) they come in diff colors to I think.

Quick Reply: Turbo front strut bar