Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

tein h-tech springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 08:58 PM
JDMxBALLER
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein h-tech springs

Hi there,
I looked around and searched and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I was wondering, would the Tein H-tech springs for a GS400/430 work on a GS300? I am looking for a 1in drop and do not want to spend $300 or so for the L-tuned springs. I didn't find this forum until the day after the GB ended So would those springs fit onto my car or should I just the the Eibach ProKits? Thanks ahead of time.
Old 04-05-05, 10:44 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, they will fit. All of the GS suspension is the same on the 2nd gen
Old 04-05-05, 11:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

and the good thing that the i6 and the v8 engine are almost the same weight, that makes the drop same between the two cars
Old 04-06-05, 09:19 AM
JDMxBALLER
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Thanks for the fast replies CL rules!!! One more question, the H-tech springs will ride closer to stock then the Eibachs right? I've read the Eibachs may be too stiff for some and everyone I know that has had any type of Tein springs say the ride is nice. Thanks once again.
Old 04-06-05, 10:52 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMxBALLER
Hi there,
I looked around and searched and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I was wondering, would the Tein H-tech springs for a GS400/430 work on a GS300? I am looking for a 1in drop and do not want to spend $300 or so for the L-tuned springs. I didn't find this forum until the day after the GB ended So would those springs fit onto my car or should I just the the Eibach ProKits? Thanks ahead of time.
What size wheel and tire will you be adding? This makes a difference on the overall look. If you get 20s you'll need a drop much lower than the Eibachs will give you. I suggest spending the extra money on Espelir springs. They're a little over $300 but you maintain the Lexus ride and get the maximum drop that springs alone can offer. This is what I did combined with L-Tuned shocks. It will hold me over until I get coils (TEIN CS).

EDIT: PS - Look at my sig. You'll see that there is hardly any wheel gap on 19s.
Old 04-06-05, 11:36 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

from my experience with tein springs, they are absolute garbage......they ride like crap, and they are ghetto bouncy after 5k

I'd get the eibachs (I have them) they are stiff but bearable (and I live in NYC saying this)
Old 04-06-05, 11:57 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDMxBALLER
Hi there,
Where did you get your price information. I just checked on www.lexus-parts.com one of our sponsors on ClubLexus. L-tuned springs with the member discount are going for $197.10, these provide about a 1" drop and have a good ride quality. They are purported to be re-badged Eibach springs. Daizen makes a set of spring that provides about 1.9" lowering. Have seen pictures on here of that set-up with 19" rims and it looks great. They cost $315 with the member discount factored in. Do a search, if you want to see what the different drops look like.
Old 04-07-05, 11:21 PM
JDMxBALLER
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the reponses everyone. Also, thanks for the link to the L-tuned parts. I believe the site I got my price from was the actual L-tuned website. I found it while looking in the GB section of this forum and I saw that they had such great prices for the L-sportline springs and other parts that I didn't look farther. Whoops. Thanks agian though for everyone's input. I'll be buying the L-tuned springs from that website. You all rock
Old 04-08-05, 03:14 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

JDM, there are a lot of great photos in this thread!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t+drop+springs