Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

New rotors and pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-05, 01:06 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New rotors and pads

Is there a better place to buy the cross drilled rotors from than Irotors.com. I was on their site and the rear rotors are $139 + $25 for the zinc coating to protect from rust. Is there a place to get the brembo rotors from at a comparable or cheaper price. Also where is a good place to get pads, like EBC or Axxis and what pads should I get and which ones will shed less brake dust.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-31-05, 01:18 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

From what I have read on here sounds like EBC GREEN STUFF or ENDLESS Carson sell rotors like $75 each which isn't to bad. There also E-BAY with a chance you'll get what you pay for there. I'm sure there will be more to chime in
Old 03-31-05, 01:37 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

my last set I bought from Irotors and havent had any problems with them after over 2 years of use, and now they say the rears need to be replaced
Old 03-31-05, 01:37 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rich-how about tire rack?
Old 03-31-05, 02:14 PM
LStyle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this one. I had good luck with them.

http://www.brakeco.com/
Old 03-31-05, 03:28 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Chuck-have you priced them at tirerack? I will stop by there sometime but until then has anyone purchased rotors or pads from them? The more important question for me is the brake pads. I would like to know which one is going to get the best performance but I also want ones that will limit the brake dust. The pads I have now I got from stillen and they are pretty good for limiting brake dust, but I dont know what brand they were. Maybe a generic brand?
Old 03-31-05, 09:41 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Chuck-have you priced them at tirerack? I will stop by there sometime but until then has anyone purchased rotors or pads from them? The more important question for me is the brake pads. I would like to know which one is going to get the best performance but I also want ones that will limit the brake dust. The pads I have now I got from stillen and they are pretty good for limiting brake dust, but I dont know what brand they were. Maybe a generic brand?
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...tor&perfCode=S

I thought they used to have ebc green pads, but I don't see them now.

Last edited by chuckb; 03-31-05 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-31-05, 11:06 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

After trying several different pads I am very happy with the Axxis MM pads. You will sometimes see them called PBR also. Its an Australian company. They make three grades of pad. The ones you want are the middle grade. Should be able to find them for around $79 for all four wheels. Good pedal response, quiet and very little brake dust. I think they even are cleaner than the EBC that tirerack carries. Have purchased rotors and pads and brake lines from tirerack. They are not the cheapest but they are a reputable company. If you want Brembo's do a search on Google, I know you will find lots of vendors that sell them.
Old 04-01-05, 01:33 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
I thought they used to have ebc green pads, but I don't see them now.
TireRack no longer carries EBC.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153018
Old 04-01-05, 08:23 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the link chuck. I only need to order the rears because the fronts are ok and will be replaced with something more substantial soon. I would like to get some that are cross drilled though to match the fronts. Any ideas where to get the cross drilled ones or if the ones on Irotor.com are ok?
Old 04-01-05, 08:49 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

EBC Greenstuff V4 pads are awesome with aftermarket rotors, low dust, butter smooth, stops like the devil. I have them paired with Rotora slotted rotors from Carson.
Old 04-01-05, 09:27 AM
CaMsGS3
Lead Lap

Im also looking for some pads too, rich check out this ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&rd=1&item=7963971785&category=33567&sspagename=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

I was going to get a shop to paint my cailipers / rotors....they are way to rusty

But now im thinking maybe to just buy some rotors!

Are these any good http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...965139020&rd=1

Last edited by CaMsGS3; 04-01-05 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-01-05, 09:30 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Carson has a good deal on Rotora, you can get Bradi on ebay and other sites, Brembo and EBC are other good choices.
Old 04-01-05, 12:28 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Carson has a good deal on Rotora, you can get Bradi on ebay and other sites, Brembo and EBC are other good choices.
What were the prices on the ones from carson? I think I am going with the EBC pads as alot of reviews have been quite favorable for them.
Old 04-01-05, 12:47 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

What were the prices on the ones from carson? I think I am going with the EBC pads as alot of reviews have been quite favorable for them.
Can't remember the exact figure, I think it was about $350 for the set of 4 rotors. I got Axxis Ultimate pads with them and they were horrible - so noisy that I had to take them off after 5000 miles. Once I put the EBCs on all was well.

Quick Reply: New rotors and pads