Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein CS owners check in...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-05, 08:50 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tein CS owners check in...

I just had Tein CS installed into my GS. So far the ride quality is superior, better than stock! One disappointment though. At it's lowest setting, I still have a 1 finger gap. It's currently 3 threads away from where the thread ends. I'm currently riding on stock 5 spoke 17's. Question is, will I be able to tuck at least 1/2 a finger once I get 19's?
Old 03-03-05, 09:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i think the problem is tha the wheels are soooo conservative (offset), it is sooo inset. if you get 19s that are aggressive so it flush with the fender, it's going to look much better.

i have 20s (so it's higher), but i still have quite a few threads left, and i am at 1/2 finger already
Old 03-04-05, 01:26 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gapxguy
I just had Tein CS installed into my GS. So far the ride quality is superior, better than stock! One disappointment though. At it's lowest setting, I still have a 1 finger gap. It's currently 3 threads away from where the thread ends. I'm currently riding on stock 5 spoke 17's. Question is, will I be able to tuck at least 1/2 a finger once I get 19's?
I have 19s....with 31 ofset on front and 44 in rear....and I cannot tuck ON THE FRONTS (0 gap tho) even if I am slammed all the way down....if you want to tuck 1/2 finger....u got 2 choices...either get FAT SETUP (245/40/19; 275/35/19) or get the TEIN FLEX or HA or HKS LS+...for me I like the half finger gap on front and zero gap in rear I hope that helps...if you want actually pics...then let me know..peace

cody
Old 03-04-05, 06:12 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gapxguy

I have sent you a PM ..
Old 03-04-05, 09:43 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tein CS does not give you the biggest drop possible. Like cody said, you will need to get the fat setup on 19s if you want to tuck. Even that, you won't be able to slam the car. You'll need other suspension for that.
Old 03-04-05, 01:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Neo
Tein CS does not give you the biggest drop possible. Like cody said, you will need to get the fat setup on 19s if you want to tuck. Even that, you won't be able to slam the car. You'll need other suspension for that.
from my memory, the cs actually has the least drop right?
Old 03-04-05, 06:47 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Tein CS

Originally Posted by rominl
from my memory, the cs actually has the least drop right?
I would like to get the Tein CS for my wife's car.
She does not want any drop from the stock height.
Is that possible with the CS?

Thanks
Ivan
3dog
Old 03-04-05, 07:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 3dog
I would like to get the Tein CS for my wife's car.
She does not want any drop from the stock height.
Is that possible with the CS?

Thanks
Ivan
3dog
yes definitely. you can maintain the stock height if you want
Old 03-05-05, 03:01 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile CS at stock height?

Originally Posted by rominl
yes definitely. you can maintain the stock height if you want
That is what I want to hear but I found this old quote where the guy said there was a .5" front drop min and a .6" rear drop min this is from this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...dvox+Coilovers

Originally Posted by JAC JZS
Right the CS is more comfort oriented & does not drop as far as the Ha's. These are the Official Tein CS & Ha #'s for GS cars.

CS Damper (retail $1,500): Ft: -1.4 in (max) Rr. -2 in. (max)
Ft: -.5 in (min) Rr. -.6 in. (min)
HA Damper (retail $1,150): Ft: -3.3 in (max) Rr. -4.4 in. (max)
Ft: -.6 in (min) Rr. -2.2 in. (min)

*These measurements were taken while the car was on 245/45/18 wheels/

Henry are you positive you can keep the CS coilovers at stock height. My wife is very insistent about this or she won't allow a change to the CS coilovers.

Thanks
Ivan
3dog
Old 03-05-05, 03:14 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

According to the Tein website, the min numbers are:

Front: -7mm/-0.28in
Rear: -5mm/-0.2in

Granted that is not stock height but I doublt if she would notice a 1/4 inch drop.

My only caveat with the numbers is that the max fron drop as stated on the website is -43mm/-1.69in. I think you can drop more than this as I've seen some cars on CS pretty low, not slammed but low.

BTW - Is she interested in swapping suspension? Is she complaining about the ride? It sounds like she is somewhat resistant to mods. Don't mod her car to balance out putting stuff on yours.

Last edited by Neo; 03-05-05 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-05-05, 03:41 PM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree!! I love the cs's, but they won't go any lower. I have 19's on the lowest setting and there is still a little gap. I wanted the option to tuck the wheels, but it's ok. I love the ride!! To date, it has been my best mod.
Old 03-05-05, 04:05 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Coilover height

Originally Posted by Neo
According to the Tein website, the min numbers are:

Front: -7mm/-0.28in
Rear: -5mm/-0.2in

Granted that is not stock height but I doublt if she would notice a 1/4 inch drop.

My only caveat with the numbers is that the max fron drop as stated on the website is -43mm/-1.69in. I think you can drop more than this as I've seen some cars on CS pretty low, not slammed but low.

BTW - Is she interested in swapping suspension? Is she complaining about the ride? It sounds like she is somewhat resistant to mods. Don't mod her car to balance out putting stuff on yours.
No she is not complaining about the ride. I am. I would like it to handle a little better. Every once in a while I have to drive her car and I hate that floaty feel of the stock springs and shocks.

And of course if I spend money on her car there is less to spend on mine. And I keep finding more ways to spend on Club Lexus. So this mod on her car may never get done.

You could be right that I might be trying to balance things out.

She already has the Daizen sways and all the Toms braces except the one in the trunk.
She likes all that. She also has the Greddy Evo Exhaust and loves that too. So you can see she is not real resistant to mods.

I think the problem is when she rides in my car. I've got the JIC MAGIC FLT-2A coilovers.
And I've got them set really stiff. That is when she pipes in about the hard ride. As far as cornering she likes how my car handles she just wants a little more cushy ride without feeling every pebble in the road.

You are right that she would not even notice .25" thanks for for clearing that up for me.

Ivan
3dog

Last edited by 3dog; 03-05-05 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-05-05, 11:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh man, sorry ivan, i stand corrected.... i guess i messed it up with another tein model or so. i studied it before and i think i saw one setup that iwll be able to maintain stock height. guess tein cs is not it.... sorry about that ivan, my apology.

but like neo said, the "drop" is so subtle i don't think she will notice it. and at that height, i think the car will ride very very soft and nice, yet performs a lot better
Old 03-09-05, 06:44 PM
TPA_STEVE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negative camber issues?

I noticed in another post that coilover drops seem to create negative camber problems. Would this be the case with tein CSs or is the drop small enough to realign within specs?
Old 03-09-05, 08:05 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys with the CS and 19's, lets see the pics. I am curious to see the max drop with the wheels. Pics please

Quick Reply: Tein CS owners check in...