Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein CS VS. JIC FLT-A2??

Old 02-10-05, 08:52 PM
BUSTN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein CS VS. JIC FLT-A2??

Which one is better?I don't see many gs owners running these (JICS)????I am finally ready for the coilovers but still undecided?
Old 02-10-05, 10:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by BUSTN
Which one is better?I don't see many gs owners running these (JICS)????I am finally ready for the coilovers but still undecided?
the JIC is a bit more expensive but they are good stuff. the tein is more "economy" imho and i have the cs with zero complain
Old 02-15-05, 12:10 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

JIC is great....my friend has those on his gs....you can definitely slam a lot more than the CS....but I like the CS....comfortable and handling is MUCH improved ! and with the 19 or 20 inch wheels with low pro tires...you would not want stiff stuff imo
Old 02-19-05, 09:59 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile JICMAGIC FLT2A's vs Tein CS

I've got the JIC MAGIC FLTA2s.
I have never been in a car with the Tein CS

I can tell you the JIC's offer incredible handling but a somewhat harsh ride and they are a bit noisy. I want my car to go around corners like it was on a rail and am willing to live with the noise and harsher ride.

Here is a quote I got from Manaray when I asked him what the difference was between the JIC FLTA2 and the Bilstein PSS. I think the Tein Flex has a similiar system to the JIC and the Tein CS is similiar to the Bilstein PSS but I could be wrong

"As for the FLT-A2's vs. the PSS, well the PSS height adjustment directly affects the pre-load (like the JIC SF-1). The FLT-A2's has a independant pre-load and height adjustment. This allows you to lower or raise the car to wherever you like w/o affecting the workings of the shock. If you raise or lower the car with a pre-load affecting system, then it's similar to installing spring on a stock shock. You do that and you're basically running the shock "harder" than it was designed to run because you're running it in a constantly compressed state. With the coilovers, it's SIMILAR, but not as bad because coilovers are designed to handle such situations....however, it's still "OPTIMAL" to run the shock at it's "prefered" pre-load rather than too much or too little pre-load...the FLT-A2's allows you to run the shock at it's "optimal" pre-load." QUOTE MANARAY

My wife also has a GS400 and she likes a softer more stock feeling so she still has the oem shocks and springs. Romini did an excellent review of 3 different types of Tein coilovers.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113963

I think the Tein HA's sound compareable to the JICMAGIC FLTA2's. I'm hoping to get some Tein CS for the wifes car but she see's no reason to change but I know the handling would be improved with the coilovers and retain some of the comfort cushy ride that she likes. Plus i hear they are quiet.

Hope I have been some help

Ivan
3dog
Old 02-20-05, 11:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 3dog
I've got the JIC MAGIC FLTA2s.
I have never been in a car with the Tein CS

I can tell you the JIC's offer incredible handling but a somewhat harsh ride and they are a bit noisy. I want my car to go around corners like it was on a rail and am willing to live with the noise and harsher ride.

Here is a quote I got from Manaray when I asked him what the difference was between the JIC FLTA2 and the Bilstein PSS. I think the Tein Flex has a similiar system to the JIC and the Tein CS is similiar to the Bilstein PSS but I could be wrong

"As for the FLT-A2's vs. the PSS, well the PSS height adjustment directly affects the pre-load (like the JIC SF-1). The FLT-A2's has a independant pre-load and height adjustment. This allows you to lower or raise the car to wherever you like w/o affecting the workings of the shock. If you raise or lower the car with a pre-load affecting system, then it's similar to installing spring on a stock shock. You do that and you're basically running the shock "harder" than it was designed to run because you're running it in a constantly compressed state. With the coilovers, it's SIMILAR, but not as bad because coilovers are designed to handle such situations....however, it's still "OPTIMAL" to run the shock at it's "prefered" pre-load rather than too much or too little pre-load...the FLT-A2's allows you to run the shock at it's "optimal" pre-load." QUOTE MANARAY

My wife also has a GS400 and she likes a softer more stock feeling so she still has the oem shocks and springs. Romini did an excellent review of 3 different types of Tein coilovers.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113963

I think the Tein HA's sound compareable to the JICMAGIC FLTA2's. I'm hoping to get some Tein CS for the wifes car but she see's no reason to change but I know the handling would be improved with the coilovers and retain some of the comfort cushy ride that she likes. Plus i hear they are quiet.

Hope I have been some help

Ivan
3dog
thanks for referring to my thread ivan. yes i have the cs and this is truly quiet, if anything i only hear road noise now (tires) and that's completely acceptable (i chose to have 20s anyway).

get some cs, for the price i think it's worth it