Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

do eibach springs drop exactly same amount as L-tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-05, 04:03 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default do eibach springs drop exactly same amount as L-tune

Are they the same exact drop and spring rate?
Old 02-07-05, 04:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

No, one sec and I'll get you a link comparing the two by whiteLS I think.

In short - supposedly Ltune drops the car a little more (not notible IMO, like .2)
Eibach is slightly stiffer
Old 02-07-05, 04:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Here's the link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=eibach
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=eibach
Old 02-07-05, 04:11 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

thanks Dave
Old 02-08-05, 07:31 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Don't do it Chuck!

Chuck don't do it.

Someday you'll look back and wish you'd spent your money on coilovers.
And then you will have to take those springs and shocks off and you'll think to yourself,
I should have done it right the first time! And then you will remember that I warned you. After you have your springs and shocks and experience all their shortcomings, it won't be long before you want coilovers.

Coilovers handle so much better.
It's like comparing a Dodge Neon to a Lexus GS400!

Springs and shocks are obsolete!

Ivan
3dog
Old 02-09-05, 02:43 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3dog
Chuck don't do it.

And then you will have to take those springs and shocks off and you'll think to yourself,
I should have done it right the first time! And then you will remember that I warned you. After you have your springs and shocks and experience all their shortcomings, it won't be long before you want coilovers.

Ivan
3dog
I have no regrets on my tein cs
Old 02-09-05, 11:05 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Chuck don't do it.

Ivan
3dog

has anyone had the corners weighed and tuned with their coilovers. that is one thing that makes me nervous. I saw on a tv car show where they were adjusting coil tension to change the weight on each corner of the car. they said it is different than just adjusting ride height and that you can actually mess up your handling by just bolting on coilovers
Old 02-09-05, 11:12 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck don't do it.

Ivan
3dog

why don't you tell chuck about all those banging and clanking noises coilovers make too....or did the SUPER DUPER SUPERB HANDLING that they emit cloud and deafen your sense of hearing??
Old 02-09-05, 11:52 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Really???

coilovers = more noise?

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
why don't you tell chuck about all those banging and clanking noises coilovers make too....or did the SUPER DUPER SUPERB HANDLING that they emit cloud and deafen your sense of hearing??
Old 02-09-05, 12:12 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cliffud
Really???

coilovers = more noise?

ask the tein flex and HA guys about the crazy noises they make....

oh wait I forgot coilovers are G-D on this board

my JICs clanked and creaked like a 20yr old american POS
Old 02-09-05, 12:59 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ask the tein flex and HA guys about the crazy noises they make....

oh wait I forgot coilovers are G-D on this board

my JICs clanked and creaked like a 20yr old american POS
I did not hear about HAs being noisy. The Flex has some noise because of its metal pillow mount. The price you pay for more flexibilty and handling. The CS are quiet. Maybe your JICs were bad. I don't have any experience with JICs so I'll leave that to those guys. I've had both the Tein Flex and CS (and the L-Tuned S/S).

Chuck,

There is a whole thread on s/s vs coilovers:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/75055-coilovers-vs-springs-shocks.html

Read through that to see what's best for you. The L-Tuned S/S are a great deal right now and if that is all you need, get them. If any of the coilover benefits are potentially useful to you, then you may want to seriously consider coilovers.

With that said, do I regret swapping my suspension components 3 times? I do miss the install $ BUT I don't regret it. My needs grew/changed so I adjusted with it. There was no way for me to know 3 years ago what my needs are last year when I made the final (?) move to the CS. That would have been 2 years of waiting to drop and enjoy modding my car.

Even if it is only a matter of $, sometimes your financial outlook changes. If your current budget will only allow for S/S and doing this now will make you enjoy the car more, then do it. If next month, next year, ... you get a salary increase, change jobs for more $, come into other $ that will make coilovers a more comfortable purchase, change them out. So you wasted a couple of hundred bucks. It does not change the fact that you were not financially comfortable enough to do it before.

My personal recommendation? If you want coilovers, can use and appreciate its benefits, have the cash, and are willing to spend it without to much stress, the get coilovers. It is always a better play. If any of those conditions are not true, stay with the S/S.

In the end, do what is comfortable. Modding is fun and somewhat stressful (with the time spent researching and the anticipation, ...) but it should not make you unhappy and cause any potential regrets for spending too much.
Old 02-09-05, 02:14 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
I did not hear about HAs being noisy. The Flex has some noise because of its metal pillow mount. The price you pay for more flexibilty and handling. The CS are quiet. Maybe your JICs were bad. I don't have any experience with JICs so I'll leave that to those guys. I've had both the Tein Flex and CS (and the L-Tuned S/S).

Chuck,

There is a whole thread on s/s vs coilovers:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75055

Read through that to see what's best for you. The L-Tuned S/S are a great deal right now and if that is all you need, get them. If any of the coilover benefits are potentially useful to you, then you may want to seriously consider coilovers.

With that said, do I regret swapping my suspension components 3 times? I do miss the install $ BUT I don't regret it. My needs grew/changed so I adjusted with it. There was no way for me to know 3 years ago what my needs are last year when I made the final (?) move to the CS. That would have been 2 years of waiting to drop and enjoy modding my car.

Even if it is only a matter of $, sometimes your financial outlook changes. If your current budget will only allow for S/S and doing this now will make you enjoy the car more, then do it. If next month, next year, ... you get a salary increase, change jobs for more $, come into other $ that will make coilovers a more comfortable purchase, change them out. So you wasted a couple of hundred bucks. It does not change the fact that you were not financially comfortable enough to do it before.

My personal recommendation? If you want coilovers, can use and appreciate its benefits, have the cash, and are willing to spend it without to much stress, the get coilovers. It is always a better play. If any of those conditions are not true, stay with the S/S.

In the end, do what is comfortable. Modding is fun and somewhat stressful (with the time spent researching and the anticipation, ...) but it should not make you unhappy and cause any potential regrets for spending too much.
I totally agree. Part of the bug we get is from buying a new toy and learning about it while we enjoy it. Eventually your needs may grow and you might be able to get a newer and more fun toy to learn and grow. You'll gain the experience and knowledge that comes with having direct experience with the options. It's great to go from stock and then to the top of the line if you have the financial means to do that, but it's alot more fun to let your car and needs grow with you. That's the reward to me.

Old 02-09-05, 03:33 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

Hey Chuck my coilovers make more noise than springs and shocks. But I think the
"""" SUPER DUPER SUPERB HANDLING """
is worth the small amount of noise they emit. Also contrary to what so many others get coilovers for I did not get them for the drop. I actually found the Bilstein Sport Shocks and Eibach springs dropped the car more than I liked. I've got the coilovers set a half inch below stock whereas the springs and shocks were something like an inch and I kept hitting things with the front end.

Also NT2SHBBY I'm talking to Chuck as one who has done it both ways and as his friend. I'm sorry if you did not like your JIC coilovers. I certainly hated my Bilstein Sport Shocks and Eibach Springs so I guess we are in agreement that what is good for one person is not always what is best for the other guy. I still hate spending money trying to go the cheap route, and then find out I have to spend even more to take the obsolete crap off. I'm trying to save Chuck from going thru the BS of springs and shocks when I know that coilovers are 100 times better..

And Chuck you do not have adjust the corners to weight the coilovers.

Ivan
3dog

Last edited by 3dog; 02-09-05 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-11-05, 06:15 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

I'm trying to save Chuck from going thru the BS of springs and shocks when I know that coilovers are 100 times better..

And Chuck you do not have adjust the corners to weight the coilovers.

Ivan
3dog
for the life of me, I am trying to comprehend how S/S are OBSOLETE considering EVERY SINGLE CAR SOLD IN THE WORLD TODAY COMES WITH THEM STANDARD?!?!?!

If coilovers were oh sooo special and extraordinary, then cars would come with them stock...

Old 02-11-05, 10:49 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

what last longer, bilstein shocks or tein cs coilovers?

Quick Reply: do eibach springs drop exactly same amount as L-tune