Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Will HKS and CUSCO front STB fit GS300?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 07:04 PM
glfingbug
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will HKS and CUSCO front STB fit GS300?

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this board for awhile and finally picked up a 1999 Diamond White GS300. I've already searched the board on the front STB and realized there aren't many options for the GS300. I've found that japanparts list HKS and CUSCO front STB for the ARISTO. I've emailed them but they can't confirm the fitment for LEXUS since these are JDM parts. Has anyone on this forum know of any successful installs without fitment issues with these parts .

The car will be one of my daily driver and shuttle bus for my kids. My current plans are to tighten up the suspension with (not in any particular order);

1) front and rear STB
2) TRD lower front brace
3) TRD or Diazen front/rear swaybar
4) Coilover (not sure which brand yet)
5) 17 or 18 inch wheels (OEM 16 will have snow tires)

Did I miss anything Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated. I will try to do all the installs myself (except for the alignment). I am not a mechanic but pretty handy with a wrench. I am learning all the time. That's the fun part of modding

I've already ordered the L-tune grill and sides from Sewell. Darrel have been great so far. I had a question on weight of the 17" wheels on the web site. Darrel went and weighed the wheels and called me back the same day (by the way they are 22 lbs). Those wheels look OK and weight is great for the price. I know wheels are a personal thing but does anyone have them and what you think about them. I will get pics up once when the weather warms up enough for me to detail the car correctly. by for now
Old 02-02-05, 07:25 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

As long as it fits an Aristo S300 it should fit. Most likely they will fit since there the same exact cars. Also since you dont have an engine cover I dont see anything that will keep it from going on.
Old 02-02-05, 09:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GammaLex
As long as it fits an Aristo S300 it should fit. Most likely they will fit since there the same exact cars. Also since you dont have an engine cover I dont see anything that will keep it from going on.
yeah i agree, if it fits on the s300 there is a big chance it will fit. otherwise it's hopeless. the trd bar fits right over the v300 engine, and also the 400 engine, but for the 430 with engine bay it's already a no go, and for 300 it's hopeless. so you can see how tight it is
Old 02-03-05, 01:49 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by glfingbug
does anyone have them and what you think about them.
Ask CinFulxGS4:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145569
Old 02-03-05, 06:43 PM
glfingbug
Driver School Candidate

Default Moving onto LSD - RMM?? or someplace else

Thanks for the feedback. I'm checking with Japanparts to see how long the delivery. If I decide to get one, I'll post the results.

Also thanks Neo for the link. I do like those wheels but I've been reading about the RMM LSD. I can't affort both the wheels and the LSD so I will probably get the LSD first. Are those LSD in short supply right now? I like the idea the RMM is a direct bolt on replacement. Can I get the same LSD from some one else or is RMM the only game in town? Keep the info coming and thanks. glfingbug
Old 02-03-05, 07:21 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Carson /Steve Ganz will soon have some strut bars that will fit the GS300... Don't know the exact date, but it will be soon
Old 02-03-05, 07:41 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by glfingbug
I like the idea the RMM is a direct bolt on replacement. Can I get the same LSD from some one else or is RMM the only game in town? Keep the info coming and thanks. glfingbug
Some of the RMM stuff is basically rebadged Supra TT parts. The RMM BBK is the Supra TT brakes and the RMM LSD is the Supra TT LSD.

I am sure you can find a used Supra TT LSD or even a new one for less than what RMM charges for "theirs".
Old 02-03-05, 08:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Neo
Some of the RMM stuff is basically rebadged Supra TT parts. The RMM BBK is the Supra TT brakes and the RMM LSD is the Supra TT LSD.

I am sure you can find a used Supra TT LSD or even a new one for less than what RMM charges for "theirs".
yup, there is no point in getting the lsd from rmm
Old 02-04-05, 10:39 AM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

I recomend cusco, even if you have to remove the plastic engine cover
cusco products work and that is the bottom line, I am not sure on the HKS, but a friend of mine is working with a distributor in NZ and Hong Kong, the Cusco bar is the ONLY one that they have not bent while on the Rally X tracks.
My friend Jo is into amatuer rally and she uses cusco stb and has never had a problem.
http://imprezagirl.com/
Old 02-04-05, 01:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup in terms of quality and strength cusco is defiintely up there. their handling department is top notch
Old 02-07-05, 11:04 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
I recomend cusco, even if you have to remove the plastic engine cover
cusco products work and that is the bottom line, I am not sure on the HKS, but a friend of mine is working with a distributor in NZ and Hong Kong, the Cusco bar is the ONLY one that they have not bent while on the Rally X tracks.
My friend Jo is into amatuer rally and she uses cusco stb and has never had a problem.
http://imprezagirl.com/

so the Cusco front STB fits GS300 with engine cover removed?
Old 02-08-05, 07:40 PM
glfingbug
Driver School Candidate

Default More L-tuned parts on the way

I will eventually get the cusco front STB and CF rear STB. But, for now Sewell has such a good deal on the L-tune struts and springs (~$300) , I can't pass up on that deal. A set of Eibach springs alone almost goes for that much. I also ordered the TRD lower front brace for $129. Darell @ Sewell was a great help. Now I just have to wait till the parts get here. I'll post back after the install with some pics.
Old 02-09-05, 02:41 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
so the Cusco front STB fits GS300 with engine cover removed?
now thats what i would like to know...
Old 06-06-07, 09:21 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cusco STB fitment with engine cover on GS300?

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
now thats what i would like to know...
can anyone confirm the cusco stb fits, the 2003 GS300, without having to remove the engine cover? Anyone please?
-
-
-
-
-
(yes i've been doing the searches and reading)

Last edited by 4ntvings; 06-06-07 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-06-07, 06:25 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am also interested in the same question...

Quick Reply: Will HKS and CUSCO front STB fit GS300?