Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

New toys for my SC4 for Christmas- pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-04, 07:50 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New toys for my SC4 for Christmas- pics

So my SC got some presents for christmas-

The first toy was a set of Daizen Adjustable Sway Bars from Todd at TM Engineering- I can't say anything about TM that hasn't already been said, but they are truley a pleasure to do business with. He went above in beyond as far as service goes, and was always able and willing to answer any questions I had. They impressed me and have my loyalty as a customer.- enough of that- heres a pic and a quick write up on the sways...

Daizen Sways!

These sway bars are a quite a bit larger than are stock sways... This is a mod that I have been wanting since I swapped out my original sway bar bushings for the poly urethane sway bar bushings. The Install is fairly simple... I did it by my self. That said, its not as easy as stealing candy from a baby- but its not brain surgery. The rear sway bars are three way adjustable, with three different holes for the end links to connect to. The different holes allow for different "feels" from the car ranging from understeer to oversteer. I set mine on the oversteer set up for the time being, just to feel it. The car now tracks like its on rails, and is predictable through out turns. I really like the feed back that I am now recieving through out turns and I have much more confidence when approaching sharp curves. I recomend them to anyone wanting to go a step further than the coilover/ spring strut upgrade.

New Air Compressor

If your a "do-it-yourself" guy like me, then you NEED air! I wll never turn a wrench for anything other than tightening again! Im tierd of the throbbing, swollen, cut fingers and hands! I now use this craftsman 150 psi, 6 HP Air Compressor with a 33 gallon tank. Along with my new compressor I have some new Air Tools!

If you haven't used air before, you have no idea what your missing! Give it a shot, and you will never again use your own strength to tighten that damn bolt thats going to give you that swollen and bleeding knuckle!

I used the new tools to aid me in my swaybar install today and it went fairly flawlessly. The toughest part of the install was the removal and installation of the front swaybar. other than that, it was all removing bolts and tightening bolts. (*note*- to get the rear sway bar out and new rear in I took my JIC exhaust off the two rear most hangers and let it hang slightly down so I could slide the swaybars in or out.)

Hope everyone else car had a merry christmas- I know mine has- and mine is looking forward to carving pavement as it adjust to its new stiffer sways!
Old 12-27-04, 08:28 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a nice set of air tools you got there...sweet....nice Presents...
Old 12-27-04, 11:55 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Nice new presents from Santa!!
Old 12-28-04, 08:54 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

=(
There are downsides to living in San Francisco.
I guess Santa is pretty busy around here and forgets even the "nice" kids.
Better keep his lousy raindeer off the roads....I'm not wasting my brakes. j/k

Our garage is pathetic. My SC doesn't even fit in it lenghtwise unless I block a door that we use pretty often.
There is little room for a floorjack, much less a 33 gallon air tank.
Glad you like your new toys.
Old 12-28-04, 02:49 PM
convoy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

air compressor! nice goodies, can't go wrong with craftsman
those daizen swaybar upgrades look like an awesome way to start the new year!
Old 12-28-04, 03:29 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats tm engineerings website? ive never checked them out before but ill be in the market for some sways in a month or 2
Old 12-28-04, 05:55 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

NICE, looks just like my air compressor. You're goin to love air tools, but a little advise: Get the shortest hose you can for your needs, the shorter the hose, the power you'll get.
Old 12-28-04, 07:09 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by /Aerostar\
NICE, looks just like my air compressor. You're goin to love air tools, but a little advise: Get the shortest hose you can for your needs, the shorter the hose, the power you'll get.
I have been using air tools for years, just not "MY" air tools- the guy who rents out our garage apt (a friend and fellow car guy) has a nice set up. I also have no problems with hoselength, as I can make more than enough power for my tools and applications, infact, I have to make sure that Im not sending too much psi to the tools, as to exceed their recomended psi. I do use long hoses- they are industrial hoses, the brand escapes me at the moment, but they are 300 psi hoses. I like the long hose because the compressor does not seem to like extension chords... (I have to plug it directly into wall outlet.)

As far as TM's website- go to www.tmengineering.net - very classy shop to deal with!
Old 01-02-05, 06:25 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

how does it feel now,... did you already have it lowered and bushings replaced?? I've done everything except the sway bars,... might do that next,... but somehow, I'm thinkin' it's SAFC II, intake, and exhaust time.... ( haven't touched the car engine wise yet )...