Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tanabe VS. Tein????

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-04, 12:12 AM
BUSTN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe VS. Tein????

I am finally going to bite the bullet and get some coilovers.I have noticed that their is a big price difference between these two.I know the Tanabes go for $750 and the Teins $1500.NOw, why does teh teins cost double?Are they that much better?I neeed to know that because the Tanabes seem the way to go.What are the pro's and cons of each?Please help, I would hate to make the wrong decision and cost me so much!!Thanks
Old 12-26-04, 02:45 AM
503-M3
Rookie

Check the models that you are looking at. Tein seems a bit more expensive but double the cost doesn't sound right if the models are similar in features (height adjustment, dampening adjustment, and upper pillow mounts rubber or metal or need to reuse your OEMs)
If you look at l-tunedparts.com and compare the features of the different tein and tanabe coilover systems it may help to make your decision. I can't speak too much about Tanabe but I really like my Tein suspension. for the additional couple hundred bucks they seem worth it to me. It appear that many of the CL members also run Tein as well from what I have seen.
Good luck on the coilover decision.
Old 12-27-04, 02:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i kinda forgot, but is the tanabe stiffer?
Old 01-14-05, 10:30 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 503-M3
Check the models that you are looking at. Tein seems a bit more expensive but double the cost doesn't sound right if the models are similar in features (height adjustment, dampening adjustment, and upper pillow mounts rubber or metal or need to reuse your OEMs)
If you look at l-tunedparts.com and compare the features of the different tein and tanabe coilover systems it may help to make your decision. I can't speak too much about Tanabe but I really like my Tein suspension. for the additional couple hundred bucks they seem worth it to me. It appear that many of the CL members also run Tein as well from what I have seen.
Good luck on the coilover decision.
Actually, double the cost is exactly what it is on the l-tuned website. It looks like he was looking at coilovers which offer the most comfortable ride for both the tein and tanabe (which is what I'm doing). Anyway, has anyone heard of or used the Tanabes? For that price I'd pick up a set given a good review by the majority here.
Old 01-14-05, 03:12 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

go with tein....I have the tein cs currently installed and its really awesome....I have it around the middle settings and its perfect....comfortable and taking turns is soo much easier ....I will let you know before tho....you cannot slam with the tein cs...try reading rominl's sticky...its very helpful
Old 01-14-05, 03:19 PM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
go with tein....I have the tein cs currently installed and its really awesome....I have it around the middle settings and its perfect....comfortable and taking turns is soo much easier ....I will let you know before tho....you cannot slam with the tein cs...try reading rominl's sticky...its very helpful
thanks for the info bro. yeah, I'm not planning on slamming the car. I've done that before with my old car, and I've out grown that. I'm going with a 19 inch fat setup once my rims come in, and I want to lower the car to just above the tires, or from a no gap to a 1.5 finger gap. to be honest I'm not looking for added performance. my main concern is the looks while keeping as much of the comfort as possible. i'm wondering about the tanabes because they are relatively cheap $750!
Old 01-14-05, 03:46 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

the tanabe's are extremely stiff
Old 01-14-05, 06:59 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Tanabe hav 2 types
SOC and SOC type2
i just got the SOC and hav not yet install them yet.
Hoping to install tomorrow
I chose the tanabe because i like it stiff
It's basicly up to u on how do u like your comfort
Old 01-15-05, 08:29 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Go with the TEIN CS. They are more cash but are worth it.
Old 01-15-05, 10:14 PM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tommyGS3
Tanabe hav 2 types
SOC and SOC type2
i just got the SOC and hav not yet install them yet.
Hoping to install tomorrow
I chose the tanabe because i like it stiff
It's basicly up to u on how do u like your comfort
Yeah, I want it as least stiff as possible. So, I'll probably end up going with the tein cs. Tommy, can you PM once you get the tanabes installed and let me know how the ride is? Thanks.