Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

NEED HELP! tein cs owners.....thanks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 08:13 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NEED HELP! tein cs owners.....thanks!!!

well when I went out for a drive the other day...I would hear a "clanging sound" like something was loose....however this would NOT happen on smooth roads....only when I would go over uneven roads or little bumps....I have the front coils cranked down....and from the bottom there are about 3 threads left.....for the rears....you can see about 10 threads left....did any of you have this problem? is it a minor or major problem? what should I do? is it "bottoming out"? if so how much should I crank it up......thanks for the reply! peace - cody
Old 11-07-04, 09:18 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was stressing for a while about some rattles and clanks.... but realized later on that were various tools and nutts that fell from my trunk cover onto the bare metal. I'm saving to get a full trunk audio system just so I dont even have to mess w/ that anymore..... fiberglass it all! I hate that trunk mat.
Old 11-07-04, 09:51 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i hear that clanging sound also but i think its the fact that your coils are turned down enough to not have enough tension between the spring and the cup on which the spring sits so i wouldnt really worry about this too much but somewone please correct me if iam wrong
Old 11-07-04, 10:00 PM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

there should always be tension on the spring since the car "sits" on them. do you have pillow mounts? if so, that maybe your culprit.

it also my be your sway bars not having enough clearance to move up and down. i had this problem before but it wasnt a lexus.
Old 11-07-04, 10:07 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by ILOVEGIRLS
there should always be tension on the spring since the car "sits" on them. do you have pillow mounts? if so, that maybe your culprit.

it also my be your sway bars not having enough clearance to move up and down. i had this problem before but it wasnt a lexus.
yes it sits on them but when going over bumps it breaks the tension between the spring and the cup cause the up and down motion of a car thats slammed
Old 11-07-04, 11:22 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lexusondubs
yes it sits on them but when going over bumps it breaks the tension between the spring and the cup cause the up and down motion of a car thats slammed
that sounds like the exact thing happenin to me.....thanks for the help bro! your on 20s...so you dont have to lower that much to have a 1 finger or no gap.....so your lucky....unfortunately for me....I am still riding on stock tires with stock 16s.....
Old 11-07-04, 11:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by aloha03gs
that sounds like the exact thing happenin to me.....thanks for the help bro! your on 20s...so you dont have to lower that much to have a 1 finger or no gap.....so your lucky....unfortunately for me....I am still riding on stock tires with stock 16s.....
yeah your car is lower than mine in terms of the threads left, i dont' have any noise on my cs at all, it's perfectly quiet. could be what you are encounting now. i guess if anything the only way to find out would be to raise your car up a bit
Old 11-09-04, 01:29 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I also hear the "Clanging" sound. Only when my car is on a dead stop and i put it in reverse. Someone please help. I can be sure is not my transmission problem. This clanging noise happens only after i installed the TEIN CS. I did not drop my car all the way.. I still have about 5 to 7 threads.

Tommy
Old 11-09-04, 05:11 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im glad i went with the hks hipermax LS+ kit,,,,,,,,,,,i love them
Old 11-12-04, 04:57 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lexus GS3
I also hear the "Clanging" sound. Only when my car is on a dead stop and i put it in reverse. Someone please help. I can be sure is not my transmission problem. This clanging noise happens only after i installed the TEIN CS. I did not drop my car all the way.. I still have about 5 to 7 threads.

Tommy
I have this exact same problem on the CS's but for my SC. And as well its only when I am in reverse or parking very slowing. It's not loud, but my son said he can hear it from the outside, while I cannot from the inside. At first I thought it was just stress from the 10inch wide tires I have in the rear.

Can anyone clear this up?
Old 01-15-05, 06:16 AM
Vette Boy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news on the clunking?

Did you guys mange to fix the problem?

Are you happy w/your TIEN CS purchase?
Old 01-18-05, 07:19 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i've hearda clunk here and there but it was from the daizon bar cuz the bolt stripped and broke off . but even now i hear a little clung sound once in a while when going over my bumper trail...
Old 01-18-05, 11:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i still don't hear anything on my tein cs
Old 01-19-05, 02:53 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

lol idk for some reason now...it went away...idk what I did lol
Old 01-19-05, 03:22 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default cs owners

My cs aren't making the sounds you're talking about. Maybe it's because I have a conservative drop. Maybe my fat tire set up helps with cushioning. I have been nothing but pleased with mine. The minute I'm not, off they go.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP! tein cs owners.....thanks!!!