Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

APEXi WS Coilover

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-01, 02:33 PM
RacingAristo

I was talking to Ray (GlobeCLK) that despite the nice firm ride from Eibach/Bilstein, I'd still like to lower my car a bit more. TEIN CS is way too expansive for coilovers IMO. TEIN HA is too stiff for daily driving. TEIN NA doesn't drop as much. H&R springs doesn't drop enough.

He said, "why don't you try APEXi's WS coilovers?" Since it doesn't have any info on how much it drops, I called XS Engineering and they told me that this set of coilover could drop up to 4 inches. Of course I'm not gonna drop 4 inches on my GS. I would be crazy if I do.

For more info, go to:
http://www.apexi-usa.com/suspension_wsdamper.asp

I'm having serious thought about upgrading to this set. If anyone is interested in purchasing Eibach/Bilstein from me for a reasonable price, I'd upgrade it. Any input is appreciated.
Old 04-27-01, 03:01 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check your Private Message.
Old 05-03-01, 08:27 AM
RacingAristo

Now I'm in the delimma of choosing between TEIN NA around $1071 (stiffness adjustable, max drop 1.57 inches), and APEXi WS around $1079 (no stiffness adjustable, mainly for street, max drop 4 inches). Any input is apprecaited.
Old 05-03-01, 10:17 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis,

may be my priority is different from yours, but the teins would be my choice. howevre, if you go to the track and need more drops, then get the apex.

btw, do you mind telling me where did you get the price for the TEINS?

thanks william
Old 05-03-01, 10:26 AM
RacingAristo

The price for TEIN NA is from GTAutosports. The price for APEXi WS is from hollhard.com

Is there anyone having experience with APEXi WS?

The reason I lean toward APEXi WS is that I could drop my car more and futhermore to enhence the handling and eliminating the ugly tire gaps. However, I don't want to sacrifice the ride. So if APEXi WS is somewhat close to Eibach/Bilstein or even softer, I will buy it. But I couldn't acquire any info regarding of WS. (sigh)
Old 05-03-01, 10:27 AM
RacingAristo

Forget to mention this,

If you are interested in TEIN coilover, best suggestion is wait for a groupbuy at www.groupbuycenter.com
Old 05-03-01, 10:32 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the Tein NAs are height-adjustable via C-Rings, therefore it's not easy to adjust the height. You'll have to remove the whole suspension to set the height on the rings. Each ring click is 10mm, and there are only 4 available changes (total of 40mm)

WS has the adjustable perch which allows ride height to be adjusted quickly with a spanner wrench. It's alot more practical.

Plus, the 16 damper settings on the NA might be too stiff. If you don't want to sacrifice the ride, I think the WS should be stiff enough.

Just my 3 cents.
Old 05-03-01, 10:51 AM
RacingAristo

I wonder how would the ride different in WS and Eibach/Bilstein.