Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

H&R coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-04, 01:36 PM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R coilovers

Anyone try H&R coilovers on a GS, what are they like? I need some feedback?
Old 10-14-04, 03:09 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think SocalSC4 has or had them and Manaray had them in the past.
I think Manaray did a writeup about it once, maybe a search will bring something.
Old 10-14-04, 08:11 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

I heard the H&R coilovers is way too stiff for normal use...
Old 10-14-04, 09:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yeah, they are very stiff
Old 10-14-04, 11:46 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

might as well get the Bilsteins..lifetime warranty, less $$$$
Old 10-17-04, 11:55 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The H&Rs are stiff? This is certainly news to me!!! I have this set-up ion my GS 400 and I drive the car 100 mile a day. I have never found them to be too stiff. In fact, I HIGHLY recommend the H&Rs for the GS!! I have turned my parents loose in this car, and they both commented on haw nicely it rides (my dad mostly loves the V8!)

I have always thought the H&Rs felt like a set-up Lexus would have offered if they had a Sport or "M" type of division.

Great rebound control, so they don't bounce, but smooth on the compression stroke for a nice, predictable ride (they use Bilstein dampers). If you are in Southern California, I'll happily give you a demo ride!

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 10-17-04 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-18-04, 01:21 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
The H&Rs are stiff? This is certainly news to me!!! I have this set-up ion my GS 400 and I drive the car 100 mile a day. I have never found them to be too stiff. In fact, I HIGHLY recommend the H&Rs for the GS!! I have turned my parents loose in this car, and they both commented on haw nicely it rides (my dad mostly loves the V8!)

I have always thought the H&Rs felt like a set-up Lexus would have offered if they had a Sport or "M" type of division.

Great rebound control, so they don't bounce, but smooth on the compression stroke for a nice, predictable ride (they use Bilstein dampers). If you are in Southern California, I'll happily give you a demo ride!
There you go, straight from a real owner's experience.... maybe I've just been spoilt rotten by my LS+ coilovers....
Old 10-18-04, 09:38 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default h&r coils

i as well have the h&r coilovers, and i will say that they ride smooth, and mine is low prob a 2" drop. they don't seem like they are too stiff as well, i think they hold the road well, i had them on before i had my other suspension components added later. you feel the dips but its comfortable. the teins are the crowd favorite around here, but some of the other coilovers don't get much airtime. good luck with your decision
Old 10-18-04, 10:38 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

thanks guys, how bout handling wise? cos' right now I have the Tein CS set-up and it's seems not enough for me anymore, I need something with more handling but still offered a sedan ride. I'm considering either the H&R or Tein RA. Any suggestions or feedbacks on the RA would be helpful. thx guys.
Old 10-18-04, 11:07 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SoCalSC4

Bob, give me a demo ride
Old 10-18-04, 02:53 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default tein ra?

curious about the ra? are those the roughest riding ones, kinda a bad idea if it is, my friend had a set of the track ready teins on his celica, i know its not a lexus, but it was a rough ride
Old 10-18-04, 09:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: tein ra?

Originally posted by fireballs gs400
curious about the ra? are those the roughest riding ones, kinda a bad idea if it is, my friend had a set of the track ready teins on his celica, i know its not a lexus, but it was a rough ride
yes the RA is the roughest of all. it's not joke, prefer a good butt
Old 10-19-04, 01:02 PM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Default Re: tein ra?

Originally posted by fireballs gs400
I think the track ready one is RS but I've sat in an aristo with RA suspension and the handling was way better then the CS plus the ride isn't as bad as I thought I would be but it might take awhile to set it right.
Old 12-26-04, 04:05 AM
JZS161
Driver School Candidate

I have Tein RA on my Aristo for over a year now. I love it. The handling is great. It doesn't feel that rough from a driver's standpoint but a lot of your passengers are not gonna like it. Mind you, I'm only riding on F:12K & R:8K, which's already softer than what's recommended by Tein. You know how rough can some of the roads be in HK.
I guess it all depends on different driver. I've met an Aristo owner complaining his CS to be too stiff. He said ,thru his rearview mirror, he can literally see his newborn baby bouncing up & down in the child seat. I'd say there's a problem with his child seat!
Old 12-27-04, 02:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by JZS161
I have Tein RA on my Aristo for over a year now. I love it. The handling is great. It doesn't feel that rough from a driver's standpoint but a lot of your passengers are not gonna like it. Mind you, I'm only riding on F:12K & R:8K, which's already softer than what's recommended by Tein. You know how rough can some of the roads be in HK.
I guess it all depends on different driver. I've met an Aristo owner complaining his CS to be too stiff. He said ,thru his rearview mirror, he can literally see his newborn baby bouncing up & down in the child seat. I'd say there's a problem with his child seat!
hahhaa in hong kong, i can only imagine how rough your ride is man

Quick Reply: H&R coilovers