Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

going next step with daizen camber kit issue...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-04, 05:38 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default going next step with daizen camber kit issue...

Ok... takin' the ride to Austin and having this stuff pulled off and looked at.

First question for all that have the camber kit, and hopefully TM Engineering,... is:

1) Does anyone have a picture of the bushings that can be installed in such a way that will or will not allow an alignment shop to adjust the camber properly due to manner of installation.

2) Does anyone here have the Tokico Illumina shox / spring package with the Daizen camber kit. If so, do you have any input or knowledge of how the bushings were installed, and do you suffer from inner tire tread prematurely wearing?

3) TM Engineering,... 2 sources suspect that a front control arm bushing has failed, and is "broken" or deteriorated somehow thus creating the problem they were purchased to repair in the first place. What is the warranty and replacement policy for such.

4). Does anyone have a hard or electronic copy of the installation instructions on hand?

5) TM Engineering - If there is fault found with the parts purchased and installed, is there any reimbursement for the additional costs incurred to me ( ie. labor, tires, etc... )

I'd like to resolve this issue as ammicably as possible, so that A) I can quit buying tires every 2 - 3 months, B) someone in the future can lower their car without the headaches I have had to endure as a result of this for the $$$ spent on supposedly doing it the "right" way.

NAZTY97
Old 09-16-04, 06:24 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I was interested in this kit as well but apparently mine has enough camber adjustment (according to Soarer mechanic, when we checked it out on the hoist)... I'd be thinking that the SC would be the same too, seeing that you guys have the UZZ30 over there. My car's dropped on Espelirs (pretty low drop) and I don't have much of a camber problem, nor an irregular tread wear pattern on my tyres... I've had this set up for nearly 4 months or so now and the tyres still ahve plenty of meat left on them, and I drive EVERYWHERE.

you probably don't wanna check them out, but have you researched anything on VFT bushes from Australia?
Old 09-16-04, 06:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Nazty,

I suggest for warranty questions and the like you email TM Engineering or just pick up the phone and call them. Everyone else will be guessing, go to the source.

It also sounds to me like you have some question on the correct installation of the bushings (camber kit too?) in the first place. From the description you give something definitely is wrong if you eat up tires every 2 months.
Old 09-16-04, 06:35 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Here's a pic of my tread, you can notice that my wheels are sitting with slight negative camber... and this is after 4 months or so of driving with this alignment setting.

Jose
Attached Thumbnails going next step with daizen camber kit issue...-tread.jpg  
Old 09-16-04, 08:18 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

here's my tires in Jan, and they look just like this today....
Attached Thumbnails going next step with daizen camber kit issue...-gs0011.jpg  
Old 09-17-04, 03:25 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Well, from what I can see the tread seems to look normal if you're wheels are cambered (obviously), and if you're car's lowered you can't really help the camber issues (with stock bushes anyway). This is what I've come to gather, but if I'm wrong please correct me
Old 09-17-04, 06:33 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

that wear is with a camber kit on the car.... so, that's supposed to corrected / eliminated by the purchase and installation thereof....

clarification,... those pics were taken a month after camber kit / bushings / installation and alignment in Jan,... and I've done this alignment, new tire routines several times since, and my tires are worn the same way as of yesterday from the last tire purchase in July.

Last edited by NAZTY97; 09-17-04 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-18-04, 04:47 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the Eibach Supra TT springs with KYB/AGX shocks, and the Daizen camber kit. My shop that installed the camber kit gave me a before and after printout of the alignment specs. After installing the kit, the specs were *perfect* and I have ZERO problem with inside edge tire wear. My experience with the kit has been excellent.
Are you sure the shop that installed them did it correctly?
Old 09-20-04, 09:45 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

i am takin' it to the shop that installed them on wed and they are going to pull this stuff off and re-examine the kit. I need to get ahold of the installation documentation to verify the install.
Old 09-20-04, 10:51 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not quite understanding this.

From your other thread it seemed as if your car was lowered too much for even the camber kits to be able to compensate for the camber.

Was the shop able to adjust the camber settings to factory alightment settings with the camber correction kit in the first place?

what was the alignemnt setting after the shock and spring install and settings after the camber correction kit install?
Old 09-20-04, 11:30 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

From what I gathered, you can install the camber kit based on what your supposed drop is going to be and that will allow a certain degree of correction. If the shop thought the drop was for 1.25 inches as opposed to the 2.25 since the original specified drop was as if it were on a supra, not a SC400, then I would be led to believe that the setting should be set accordingly and someone said their car was lowered more than mine if I recall and they are able to get it within spec.

Also, I am wanting to see if one of these bushing in the front has failed and causing that popping sound when reversing and turning the wheel.
Old 09-20-04, 11:36 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

so was your shop able to get yours to spec?
Old 09-20-04, 11:40 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

haven't made it to Austin yet,.. not until Wed.

I need to get the illustration / diagram that identifies how to attain the 2 degree correction. Does anyone have that???
Old 09-20-04, 11:47 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by NAZTY97
haven't made it to Austin yet,.. not until Wed.

I need to get the illustration / diagram that identifies how to attain the 2 degree correction. Does anyone have that???
i'd say contact TM directly for that. i think he is away for a few days attending some sort of conference or something.
Old 09-20-04, 12:00 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

i called him, and he said he'd fax it to me today in aprox an hour and a half,... so we'll see what's up from there,... I already know I gotta buy 2 new tires once i get there.

if i haven't had to fool with new tires almost every couple of months, i'm thinkin' i'd already have an SAFC on my car and catback exhaust... thus really frustrating. I'd like to see my $$$ go to go fast mods,... not mod redo's....

Quick Reply: going next step with daizen camber kit issue...