Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tien CS

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-04, 05:20 PM
Gs430Boi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tien CS

I am planin on getting this suspension set up but wat else should i have done while my car is up in gettting this on? I want smooth riding so help me out. Also do anyof you know where i could find Tien CS cheap?
Old 09-17-04, 01:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

talk to tmengineering, i got everything from them

maybe do the daizen sways too
Old 09-17-04, 03:13 PM
leeshdw
Driver

I got a set from tmengineering. Installed couple of nights ago. They made a huge difference. You should consider it.
Old 09-17-04, 11:48 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also get the TEIN EDFC, it's a must have if you have TEIN coilovers.. so sweet..
Old 09-19-04, 08:24 AM
Gs430Boi
Lead Lap

thanks guys ill consider all of this but the ride is still comfortable right smooth but how is the ride with out edfc also can it be adjusted without the efdc. thanks for all your info sam
Old 09-19-04, 10:34 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Gs430Boi
thanks guys ill consider all of this but the ride is still comfortable right smooth but how is the ride with out edfc also can it be adjusted without the efdc. thanks for all your info sam
The CS rides very close to stock. The EDFC does not make any additional change to the ride capabilities of the CS. It only allows you to change the damping. You can make all the adjustments manually but you will have to do it in the engine bay and behind the trunk covers each time you do. You also cannot do changes on the fly (with 3 presets or manual setting) without EDFC.
Old 09-19-04, 08:14 PM
04GS300
Pole Position

I guess I'll just ask this here. I *may* be getting closer to doing some suspension mods. Do you think I should start with Daisen sways or CS first? And also, do sways or coilovers or any of the braces affect the warranty at all?
Old 09-19-04, 09:27 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by 04GS300
I guess I'll just ask this here. I *may* be getting closer to doing some suspension mods. Do you think I should start with Daisen sways or CS first? And also, do sways or coilovers or any of the braces affect the warranty at all?
Best all around, CS first. It will give you the float removal, lowering capabilities, less unsprung weight, and better handling over all vs. the OEM shocks/springs. There will still be some lean (but less than OEM) when cornering but the sways will take care of that when you get them.

As for warranty, suspension related issues will be affected since you obviously have swapped out the OEM parts.
Old 09-19-04, 09:35 PM
04GS300
Pole Position

Thanks, Neo! You're kind of who I'm looking at in this area because you're running a similar setup to what I hope for (CS, Daisen, 18s, maybe 19s). As far as the warranty...I kinda want to do this and kill that damn OEM gap, but at the same time I'm only at 7k miles and I think quite a few people on here bought used and didn't have to worry about a warranty. Are you confident enough in Lexus/Tein/Daisen to make this switch in spite of the warranty? There's a part of me that wants to wait until the warranty is out to do anything, but part of me is impatient!

BTW, Neo. PM me about what you decided on that part I have for sale. Mine is a ton cheaper than what another guy is trying to sell right now.
Old 09-19-04, 10:05 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by 04GS300
Thanks, Neo! You're kind of who I'm looking at in this area because you're running a similar setup to what I hope for (CS, Daisen, 18s, maybe 19s). As far as the warranty...I kinda want to do this and kill that damn OEM gap, but at the same time I'm only at 7k miles and I think quite a few people on here bought used and didn't have to worry about a warranty. Are you confident enough in Lexus/Tein/Daisen to make this switch in spite of the warranty? There's a part of me that wants to wait until the warranty is out to do anything, but part of me is impatient!

BTW, Neo. PM me about what you decided on that part I have for sale. Mine is a ton cheaper than what another guy is trying to sell right now.
I bought my car new but that was back in 98.

It is a hard call on the warranty. I've had the L-tuned S/S, Flex, and now CS. I had TRD sways and now Daizen. I also have a bunch of braces and aftermarket wheels. Has all this impacted the wear and tear of the car? It probably has. I have not had any problems, however (knock on wood), that would have needed the warranty. The Daizen and Tein parts are very well made. If you go with the percentages, then you should not have any problems. You just never know sometimes though. I can't offer you a guarantee but only my experience with the upgrades.

As for the other thing, I sent you email.
Old 09-19-04, 10:19 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

My tein CS ride smoothly compared to stock just as many members here have mentioned. However I drive on the 3 setting front and back on a daily basis for that sporty, yet comfy ride.
Old 09-19-04, 11:36 PM
04GS300
Pole Position

Neo...you got email!

But since you bought yours new, and anyone else that would like to chime in...

What is your milage now and what was your milage when you started suspension upgrades? If you bought used w/ no warranty, I don't really care b/c it doesn't apply to me. But if you had/have a warranty, I'd love to hear how other approached this. Everyone seems to love Tein and Daisen, so I'm leaning toward trusting them and maybe getting this done (it's not set yet) despite the warranty. But I'd love to hear others milage, wear and tear, warranty effects, etc. Especially from those who bought new.
Old 09-20-04, 01:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

warranty? you only void your suspension warranty, so what's the big deal. if you blow your engine they still have to replace it. there is a law for that
Old 09-20-04, 08:34 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
warranty? you only void your suspension warranty, so what's the big deal. if you blow your engine they still have to replace it. there is a law for that
have to agree with rominl on this one.
i had my Daizen's put on after ~55K on my newly bought 2000 and i had some creaking so i
took it into Lexus for maintenance. they said they couldn't touch it since it was aftermarket
but if i had other suspension work and it was covered so i didn't pay for it. i also could have
just put the old sways back on and they would have fixed those too.
(BTW - the creaking from the sways was due to the original mech that i took it to didn't pack
them with enough grease. no hit on the sways, they work GREAT!)
good luck.
-d.
Old 09-20-04, 09:35 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

JUST WANTED TO JUMP IN ON THIS,AND TELL YOU GUYS THAT I WILL BE GETTING MY TEIN CS'S THIS WEEK,AND EVEN THOUGH I DON'T HAVE THEM ON MY GS YET,BUT I THINK I MADE A GOOD INVESTMENT ON THEM.
TO ANSWER GS430BOI'S QUESTION ABOUT WERE YOU CAN GET FOR WHAT I PAYED.
WWW.RACERELEMENTS.COM AND ITS ONLY ( $1,340.95 PLUS FREE SHIPPING ).

Last edited by Lexy GS430; 09-20-04 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Tien CS