Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

suspension ?'s////springs without any drop?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-04, 12:47 PM
Richie3000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question suspension ?'s////springs without any drop?

After driving around S. Florida on vacation in a Saturn rental, it occurred to me just how much my 98' GS300 had lost its luxurious ride. Around here, in S. Carolina the roads are pretty bad, mostly because of the railroad tracks everywhere. I'm pretty sure that my shocks are due for replacement.

I called Lexus to schedule my 90k mile service and asked about shocks which I was quoted a cost of $670 without labor. After doing some research I came across the L-Tuned shocks for way less. Then I read that it was a good idea to replace the springs too, if changing shocks.

My question is:

Does anybody know how I can get the luxurious ride I once had when the car was new? I'm not so much into taking turns at 45 mph, as I am, not feeling like the car is going to fall apart when I hit big bumps. I can only describe the effect of hitting these bumps ad being kind of LOUD, it may be partly mental too though. I'm not really looking to lower the car either, nor am I looking to get jerked by the always expensive Lexus dealership
although i will let them install whatever I get.

Can anybody offer any insight into what I can do to restore the ride I used to have?

Thanks for any help, and it's good to be here!

-Rich

P.S. The only car mods aside from the stereo are the 18" rims I'm sitting on. ..