Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lowering and Daizen Sway Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-04, 09:33 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lowering and Daizen Sway Bars?

having installed my swaybars a while back, i've had nothing but joy. but since i'm **** when it comes to my car, i was wondering if it was normal for the front sway bar slightly skewed to one side of the car? when i was under my car, i noticed that my front sway bar was more towards the driver side than centered. the endlink is at an angle instead of straight perpendicular. this worries me because i have taken sharp right turns and i noticed that the tire did scrape the sway bar as the logo that is on the bar is scratched off. so what i'm askin is if it's normal for the bar to be skewed to one side or not?

thanx,
ant
Old 07-25-04, 11:02 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

you may have bent front endlinks.
I have daizen sways on my car and it looks centered. The sticker still on it without a scratch.
I would compare the two front endlinks to see if they are the same, if not they may be bent.
Old 07-25-04, 11:13 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

the endlinks aren't bent, they're both straight. could it be that the mounting point for the brackets is lower than the where the top of the endlink suppose to be? cuz i kno when i first bought the car, the endlinks were broken in two so i replaced them.
Old 07-26-04, 06:07 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

the endlink is at an angle instead of straight perpendicular
made it sound like it was bent. Sorry.

If you can wait it out I'll be pulling the SC out of the garage to do my tranny mount. I can confirm it for you then... or if someone is DST sways on SC4 can confirm the position.. anyone?
Old 07-26-04, 11:28 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

when ya pull the tranny out, will there be weight on the tires? cuz when i tried to center it, the front was lifted and i centered it, but the moment i put it back on the ground it shifted back to the driver side.... think i could try rotating the bar so the endlinks can stay straight perpendicular? if it can work i won't mind gettin under the car again but if it doesn't, sure would be a lot of work just to have it go back to the driver side again.
Old 07-26-04, 11:40 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexAnt
when ya pull the tranny out, will there be weight on the tires? cuz when i tried to center it, the front was lifted and i centered it, but the moment i put it back on the ground it shifted back to the driver side.... think i could try rotating the bar so the endlinks can stay straight perpendicular? if it can work i won't mind gettin under the car again but if it doesn't, sure would be a lot of work just to have it go back to the driver side again.
give Todd at TM engineering a call and see what he says... he should know for sure.

dennis
Old 07-26-04, 11:32 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Thanx VS

keep me posted on how yours turn out?

thanx
Old 07-27-04, 03:53 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

okae just a lil update,

i went under the car to take a look at the endlinks. the passenger side is straight perpendicular as suppose to be i guess, but the driver side is still angled. the top of the endlink is pointing away from the car. i tried to adjust the bar with the car on the ground, but it wouldn't budge... so anyways after putting everything back on, i figured that the cause could be either 1: the driver side is lower than the passenger side but that wouldn't explain why the bar isn't centered or would it? i measured the height of the fender to the ground, the driver side is lower by 1/4 inch. it seems possible that the 1/4inch of height mite be the cause as the angle isn't too radical. the angle from eyeballin looks to be about 15-20degrees. 2: the car was in an accident involving the frontend by the original owner and wasn't put back together rite, but i'm gettin it fixed this week or next week, but i have my skeptics on this one cuz the whole suspension is fine as alignment is possible and everything. car runs fine and straight, only thing wrong with the frontend was the fitment of the front bumper due to the driver fender being a little too far centered than normal.

any feedback on what you think could be the culprit would be appreciated.

Last edited by LexAnt; 07-27-04 at 03:55 PM.