Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein CS coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-04, 06:15 PM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein CS coilovers

Well, I've decided to replace my Supra TT Bilstein HD/Eibach Pro Kit setup and invest in some coilovers. Does anyone have the Tein CS kit? Any input as to how everyone likes these, as well as where to go to find the best price would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone is interested in my Bilstein/Eibach assemblies, PM me.
Old 06-14-04, 08:00 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tein CS is the softest coilover setup that Tein offers....I have this setup on my car with 20 inch rims...They ride as smooth as silk....Good balance between comfort and performance....
Old 06-14-04, 08:02 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Tein CS is the softest coilover setup that Tein offers....I have this setup on my car with 20 inch rims...They ride as smooth as silk....Good balance between comfort and performance....
I too have them, i agree they are very good in comfort, im happy, the only thing im not satisfied is the fact they don't lower as much as the other tein models
Old 06-14-04, 08:24 PM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

They don't lower as far, you say? So, just how low are we talking? I'm not looking to slam the car, but I certainly like the look of the car now. The TT Eibachs and Bilsteins lower the car close to 2 inches. Will the Type CS coilovers lower to around that range, and still maintain decent ride comfort. By the way, thanks for the responses.
Old 06-14-04, 08:25 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

I have 1 inch all around....I haven't tickled with the setup yet as far as height goes...

You can check out the specs at Tein.com...
Old 06-14-04, 08:30 PM
Kilo
Instructor

I am interested in the Blisteins/Eibachs. Did you buy them off SF a little while ago?

Please PM me some details includuing miles used, asking price, and pictures of the drop if you have. I am not a deadbeat. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-14-04, 08:36 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by P.Williams
They don't lower as far, you say? So, just how low are we talking? I'm not looking to slam the car, but I certainly like the look of the car now. The TT Eibachs and Bilsteins lower the car close to 2 inches. Will the Type CS coilovers lower to around that range, and still maintain decent ride comfort. By the way, thanks for the responses.
well, not low enough for me and i like my car low to the ground
Old 06-14-04, 09:03 PM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

Okay, according to Tein's site the maximum drop is -2.4" below stock front, and -2.5" below rear. That's fine with me, I just wanted to get down around -1.5". I've got the front and rear Daizen camber kits installed, and they're set to match my current ride height. So, I didn't want to be nowhere near my current height and be running positive camber. Where did you guys purchase your Tein kits? I saw someone had listed that they paid $1200. The cheapest I've found is $1400, and that's from a Canadian retailer after the favorable exchange rate.
To those interested in my TT Bilstein's and Eibach's, they were installed in February and have less than 3000 miles on them. The ride is pretty good. Much sportier than stock, but by no means unbearable. I've just decided that I want a little more fine-tuning ability. I paid around $600 for them new. I haven't really thought about what I will ask yet. However, I plan on selling them completely assembled, so they will bolt right in. So, you won't have to take your old units apart and swap all of your old components over. I guess I shouldn't really start bargaining outside of the classifieds forum. As soon as I determine the best price on the Teins CS kit and am prepared to purchase, I'll post on the classifieds. I don't want to set up a buyer quite yet, since I don't actually have the new suspension to install. I'll take a picture to post.
You can PM me, or email me for more info.

warmtrombone@earthlink.net
Old 06-14-04, 09:30 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Todd M @ TM Engineering...He has the best prices around, but you might have to wait a bit...

Steve G @ Carson Toyota...He doesn't have the best prices but, its certainly not steep...He will ship next day tho...No waiting period...

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 06-14-04 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-14-04, 10:22 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

I just ordered a set of Tein Flex's from Todd at tmengineering.net. There is a 2 week wait though, but prices are the cheapest I've seen and I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 06-21-04, 08:36 PM
Gixer 1000
Driver

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Todd M @ TM Engineering...He has the best prices around, but you might have to wait a bit...

Steve G @ Carson Toyota...He doesn't have the best prices but, its certainly not steep...He will ship next day tho...No waiting period...
I orderd my cs from him early may, still waiting. supposed to be end of this month. i dont think he has any in stock unless im gettin the shaft.
Old 06-21-04, 09:32 PM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

Gixer,
Who did you order yours from? Todd at TM, or Steve at Carson? I got an email from Steve today, after I inquired about them. He said he sold the last CS set last week, but would have more in at the end of the month. He offered me the chance to reserve a set. So apparently he expects enough to fulfill all current orders if he's taking more reservations on the same lot. Also, in regards to who has the best price, the price Steve quoted me was only a dollar more than TM. So far, I've received excellent service from both TM and Carson.
Old 06-21-04, 09:37 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

So I guess it all depends on who you talk to....Steve always gives good prices when you speak with him directly...Other people on his staff just goes by what the computer says they should charge...
Old 06-22-04, 04:35 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since there are so many people want these CS coilovers, is there any way we could get a group buy. I'd be in.
Old 06-26-04, 07:42 PM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

Thanks, to everyone who replied to this thread. Carson shipped my set on Friday, so I should have them sometime this week and can install them over the weekend. To everyone who inquired about purchasing my TT Bilstein/Eibach Pro assemblies, I should have them listed in the classifieds section next weekend.

Quick Reply: Tein CS coilovers