Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

HELP handling, exaust big problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-04, 09:38 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP handling, exaust big problems

Hey,

I would love to get some advice. I got two seperate questions.

My gs is showing signs of age at over 100 K miles when before it showed nothing but flawless lexus quality. The torque/power/ or pickup which you might know is a bonus in the gs, has seemed to dissapear and now it does not accelerate so smooth and powerful at all. I am worried about something being blocked in the exaust, something got into your catalytic converter ? HAve you heard of this? Does someone understand about this.? Or recogise another reason for this?

(I don't have any mods in the engine/exaust,, etc.)
I am anxiously waiting to find out, cause i hate it being in bad shape, don't wanna have to give up and sell it

Second questions,
if my braking seems just completely unresponsive, yet the actual brakes were just replaced- would it be the pads, or rotors, which may be the case. What are each actaully responsable for - brake pads, and brake rotors. There is squeaking at extremely low speeds, but overall just the brakes seem extremely weak until I almost press down to the bottom will I get a stiff , very soft reponse.

Something is very wrong with both problems and desperately need your help. Also worth noting is I as most people here have zero problems, but as I am one of few with lots of mileage begining to suddenly have several big issues.

HELP HELP HELP!!!

Good luck thanks,
Old 03-26-04, 09:55 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What do you mean by your brakes just got replaced? Did you get a full brake job? Was the brake lines bled as part of it? If there is air in the lines, it can result in bad response. Take it back to whomever did the brake job for you. Let them test the car to see that the response is not normal and see if they will re-bleed the lines. I would also invest in some SS lines to help with the brake feel/feedback.
Old 03-26-04, 09:59 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

I am talking about just the brakes themselves. Nothing else. So there should be fine. Everythying else, the lines, rotors etc could very well be that prob. I don't know enough about them so, could it be the prob, and why???

Thanks
Old 03-26-04, 10:02 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Also,
all of this done at dealership. They keep on taking it and saying nothing is wrong. They have a good rep. Last time we took it it, we reported a helpful friendly staff member, and they washed it beautifully as a bonus. I don't know if they are really checking though.
Old 03-27-04, 06:12 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts
Default Re: HELP handling, exaust big problems

Originally posted by Lex_Fnatic
There is squeaking at extremely low speeds, but overall just the brakes seem extremely weak until I almost press down to the bottom will I get a stiff , very soft reponse.
Re: squeaking, what kind of pads? Were they broken in properly?

About the pedal feel down to the floor - that's almost certainly a problem with the brakes not having been bled properly. Have a tech there drive your car - it's not right and potentially dangerous.
Old 03-27-04, 07:45 AM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

I heard that the brakes , rodors and pads are checked by two different places. What else. ? The lines. I gotta push down to the floor to get any kind of response, Need help!!! Fast