Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

lowering GS 430, searched but still confused

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-04, 12:39 PM
Jaylex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy lowering GS 430, searched but still confused

This being my first post I want to say how informative the site is, and its wonderful to know that there are so many other lexus owners who are passionate about their vehicles and willing to share their expertise. Now with that said, I have searched all over the site about which suspension is best and I am even more confused now that I know we have so many choices at out disposal. I have 2002 GS 430, and will be putting on 20's, I am not a real agressive driver and like to curise more than anything, but being that I have had 20's on a gs before I have to get rid of that gap, can anyone help. I see that your choice of suspension will depend on a few things, coilovers are almost to expensive for me right now, besides if I can get similar results from springs/shocks I want to keep the extra money for other mods. I dont know how to insert pics yet but the results I'm lookin for are here http://www.l-tunedparts.com/html/customercars.html there's a blue 98 GS 400, that is sitting so nice, no gap at all, and he's using L-Tuned Shocks and Springs. Now after I thought those are the one I wanted i read about coilovers, eibach, blisten, and other combo's. I am looking for a stock ride with littel to no gap, I will be running 20x8.5 front, and 20x9.5 or 20x10 (if I can fit them) in the rear. can you guys help me pick out the right setup.

By the way can I fit 20x10 even after I lower the car, and if so what offset do I need to run to get the deepest lip, without rubbing.

Thanks,

J
Old 03-04-04, 05:06 PM
LexFather

My suggestion Espelir springs. Not just b/c I had em. They lower it about 1.8 inches front and back but maintain the stock Lexus dampning rate. So the ride remains there.

There is no "best" suspenison (maybe coliovers b/c they are adjustable), it depends on what u want and need. FutureGS has 20s with Espelir springs, it looks great and he said no rubbing or issues.

And welcome to Clublexus.
Old 03-04-04, 05:08 PM
LexFather

Oh, and SWAY BARS hurt the ride more than anything. It stiffens the suspension so it feels more solid and handles much better but you will feel more feedback. But just lowering it won't do that.