Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need help with brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-04, 08:13 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy Need help with brakes

I got some new mods installed today and with it some problems. I will post pics of all the new mods on the other section. I got a set of HKS LS+ Rotora bigbrake kit and new rotors and SS lines for the rear. My problem is that when you have the car off and you first get in it when you hit the brake to put it in gear the brake pedals goes almost all the way to floor and makes a loud psssst noise. After the first noise it gets quiet. Then when your riding around and you put the brake down at a complete stop you can feel the pads het the rotor then if you keep pressing the brake you can push the pedal all the way to the floor. My installer bleed the front and rear. But I think he did it weird. He did the Rear right then the front left than the rear left than the front left. I need your help. Im going back to him tomorrow to adjust the height and I need to tell him what to do to fix it. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-04, 08:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

i believe there are bubbles. what the hell is that bleeding method. it shoudl be right rear, then left rear, then front right, then front left. if you can push the pedal all the way in and the car not stopping well, bubbles (or even worse, leak)
Old 03-01-04, 08:37 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

He also had the car off with the key in my pocket. So should he have the car running or just with the key in the on position? Then bleed it like you said rear right rear left front right front left? Thanks.
Old 03-01-04, 08:49 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bleeding pattern aside, I don't think the system was bled correctly. The brake feel should not be mushy like that. I'd show the guy tomorrow and see what he thinks. If he says that feels normal or makes excuses about aftermarket, I'd find someone else.
Old 03-01-04, 08:50 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

So if I rebleed it all correctly it should be fine right? Should I have the car running or with it in the on position then follow the correct pattern. That should fix it right?

Last edited by GammaLex; 03-01-04 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-01-04, 09:41 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem after my brake install. Brought the car to another shop [Exact] and had the brakes re-bled and everything is fine, now.
Old 03-01-04, 11:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by GammaLex
He also had the car off with the key in my pocket. So should he have the car running or just with the key in the on position? Then bleed it like you said rear right rear left front right front left? Thanks.
wait, time out, does the guy know how to do it at all?! he needs to start the car (at leat on on or acc?) to bleed, otherwise the resevour doesn't pump at all.
Old 03-02-04, 05:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

make sure when bleeding the ign is on pref car running , it actuates the abs pump and helps to get into each channel of the abs sys
Old 03-02-04, 06:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,157 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Car must be on acc. or running to do the bleed. Sounds like this guy doesn't know what he's doing.

On my big brake upgrade we had to bleed them twice, so hang in there.
Old 03-02-04, 10:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Car must be on acc. or running to do the bleed. Sounds like this guy doesn't know what he's doing.

On my big brake upgrade we had to bleed them twice, so hang in there.
same on my ap racing. i had to bleed it 2 times too
Old 03-03-04, 02:22 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys for all your help. Well there was air stil in my lines and it was all my fault. He did bleed the brakes the correct pattern but the car was off. I was in the driver seat pumping the peddle. I was in there for some time b4 we started. So i got tired of hearing the radio and took the key out and out it in my pocket. The car was in the acc postion. He never knew I took the key out and I never mentiond anything about the key till i brought the car back. He told me i was a a$$hole. We bleed the brakes again with it running this time. Everything was much much better. The braking was way better than stock. Im waitng on the coilovers to settle so we can adjust. The front has a 1 finger gap. The rear is dumped. I will post some pics after i get the resized. There all abot 2 megs in size.

Last edited by GammaLex; 03-03-04 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-03-04, 02:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,157 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Excellent - really glad it worked out. Also glad to hear your shop's only problem was with the 'volunteer help'.
Old 03-03-04, 02:43 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Excellent - really glad it worked out. Also glad to hear your shop's only problem was with the 'volunteer help'.
LOL well here are the pics of the setup
Old 03-03-04, 03:19 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hehe! Nice. Glad things got worked out. You get to post now in 1SickLex's "Show us your Brakes" thread.
Old 03-03-04, 06:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

HAHAHA yeah you are definitely an a$$hole man j/k. it's all good that the problem is solved

and on a serious note though, thank god you didn't crash your car coz' of the tons of bubbles in the system

Quick Reply: Need help with brakes