Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein CS - My Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-04, 09:11 AM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tein CS - My Opinion

Just got my Tein CS installed this weekend. Thanks Cong for the referral. I think I got an excellent deal on them installed.

Opinion:

Before the Tein CS, I have ran Bilstein/Eibach and Tein HA. Out of the three, I am the most happy with the Tein CS. I think that the Tein CS give a good balance between comfort and performance. They don't handle like the HA's, but they are definately not as harsh as them either. If you are looking for comfort, I would definately recommend trying the CS. The negative side to them is that they don't go as low as the HA or the Flex, but they give you enough drop to make your fender sit right above the tire.
On the flip-side, with the Tein CS, my car feels like it floats more than it did with the HAs. Maybe because it is a more comforable ride. Hopefully I will be able to put them to the test soon and go canyon driving up near Malibu.

Rating:

Comfort Scale: Good 1 - 10 Bad I give them a "2"
Performance Scale: Good 1 - 10 Bad I give them a "4"
Old 02-02-04, 11:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

good review can you post pics of your car now? i wanna see how low it is (on the wheels). you have 19s right? and how much lower can you go?
Old 02-02-04, 05:51 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very happy with my CS coilovers too- you are used to something else so they probably seem softer to you than they really are. I agree that they have a nice balance between ride quality and handling improvement. Do you have other suspension mods to go with them? My Daizen sways seem to work really well with the CS. Next, Tom's STB and LCB...
Old 02-02-04, 10:01 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i had nothing else 2 compare them 2 when i 1st got them but i have drivem lately i some different coilovers and drop set ups ...and i liked what outs thgere but loved the cs's comfort, than again i don't drice harshly.
Old 02-02-04, 10:16 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by FutureGS400
I'm very happy with my CS coilovers too- you are used to something else so they probably seem softer to you than they really are. I agree that they have a nice balance between ride quality and handling improvement. Do you have other suspension mods to go with them? My Daizen sways seem to work really well with the CS. Next, Tom's STB and LCB...

I agree with you...I am running the Daizen sways with them too and they compliment each other very nice.

Rominl, I try to shoot pics of the car tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
Old 02-03-04, 01:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by mcgong
I agree with you...I am running the Daizen sways with them too and they compliment each other very nice.

Rominl, I try to shoot pics of the car tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
yeah rain, i hate that

and thanks for the pics, i can't wait. one thing i always worry about geting CS for my car (which is entirely possible) is that i wanna make sure i can go as low as i want it. i have seen LXOGOOD's car, that's one confidence point, but another reference won't hurt. i have 20s already so that's a plus coz' i don't have to drop it as much
Old 02-03-04, 10:23 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Henry,

Here is the picture that you requested. It is of the front wheel. I have about 1.5 finger gap. I could probably lower it about 1/2 to 3/4 inches more. The back is the same height right now too. I can go alot lower in the back if I want too. I like this height, any lower, I will scrape on my driveway in the morning.
Attached Thumbnails Tein CS - My Opinion-pict0210.jpg  

Last edited by mcgong; 02-03-04 at 10:24 PM.