Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Dress up Form Springs/Tanabe DF210

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-04, 12:31 PM
SCHEME
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dress up Form Springs/Tanabe DF210

I couldn't find anything in search on this spring setup. What they claim to offer is exactly what I'm looking for, I want as much Lexus smoothness as possible on 19" fat tire setup. Here is what the product page says:

1998-2003 Lexus, GS, 300

Notes: Drop F/R 1.8/1.3

Dress-Up Form SUSTEC DF210
Interested in the enhanced appearance of a nicely lowered vehicle, but not at the sacrifice of ride comfort? For the show or on the street, Dress-Up Form provides a clean aggressive drop while maintaining smooth ride quality. Looks great and rides smooth.

Specifications
The DF210 line of springs enhance the appearance by lowering the vehicle 2-2 1/2in (50-60mm) without sacrificing comfort. Ride quality is improved by raising the spring rate 10-15 percent.

High Quality
The ultra light-weight, ultra durable, ultra precise 210 series springs are created through Tanabe`s newly developed shot-peen technology and state-of-the art German machinery.
Has anyone had any experince with or heard anything about these? I will have to lower the car after I put on the rims, and to me, I'll take any performance gains but not at the expense of ride comfort. Are there any other "Dress-Up" springs out there?
Old 01-30-04, 12:06 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They ride well, but there is still the limits of the factory shocks, which are relatively long when adding lowered springs. There will be some "bounce" due to hitting the stock bump stops.

Definitely recommend upgraded shocks (KYB or better) if you choose these.

We've installed a few, it's a pretty substantial drop but about as good of a ride as you are going to get with the stock-spec-sized shocks.

PM me if you would like to purchase, we have them in stock.

Todd Matsubara
TM Engineering LLC
www.tmengineering.net
Old 01-30-04, 07:30 AM
jucee187
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh
They ride well, but there is still the limits of the factory shocks, which are relatively long when adding lowered springs. There will be some "bounce" due to hitting the stock bump stops.

We've installed a few, it's a pretty substantial drop but about as good of a ride as you are going to get with the stock-spec-sized shocks.

Todd Matsubara
TM Engineering LLC
www.tmengineering.net
Hey Todd , how many finger gap is left on the GS after installing these springs?

when on rims ?
when stock?

Thanks
Old 01-30-04, 08:25 AM
SCHEME
Pole Position

Originally posted by DoubleWhoosh

Todd Matsubara
TM Engineering LLC
www.tmengineering.net
OK, if it will make the ride better I will upgrade the shocks too, I just didn't know which ones to get because all of them are said to make the ride "stiffer" . What are "bump stops"? Do the shocks need to be stiffer or just shorter?
Old 01-30-04, 10:50 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Scheme, I know someone that has these (not sure of the exact model # but the drop is something like 1.6 in the front) he has 20" wheel and the car looks NICE, IMO the perfect drop, the tire is right at the fender front and rear with a little 'rake' (front a little lower than the rear. He has Ltuned shocks on his.

I'll post a pic of the front gap when i find it

Bump stops are little platic things at the top of the strut that limit travel, they determine where strut travel stops. When you add a shorter spring and the same size strut, you cut down on the strut travel, so you hit the bumpstop more often, which gives you a bounce over certain pavement!
Old 01-30-04, 10:54 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Update-Found Pic

I found a pic of his car, keep 2 things in mind, this pic was taken the day the front springs were installed, and the rears were not on yet. The car has settled to a no gap fr/rr stance now, and it looks nice!

once again this is with 245-35-20 tires

Old 01-30-04, 03:19 PM
SCHEME
Pole Position

Thanks D, "front a little lower thatn the rear" is exactly what I was hoping they would be. I think think this is the way I'm going to go.
Old 01-30-04, 03:43 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by SCHEME
Thanks D, "front a little lower thatn the rear" is exactly what I was hoping they would be. I think think this is the way I'm going to go.
Cool man, I think he had the DF210s, so that should be good for ya, what color is your car, and what tire/wheel combo you running?
Old 01-30-04, 03:45 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jucee187
Hey Todd , how many finger gap is left on the GS after installing these springs?

when on rims ?
when stock?

Thanks

It will be roughly a 2 finger gap, the rear will be slightly more. These springs give a nose-down type of drop.
Old 01-30-04, 03:49 PM
SCHEME
Pole Position

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Cool man, I think he had the DF210s, so that should be good for ya, what color is your car, and what tire/wheel combo you running?
Car is black on black, I haven't got the wheels yet, I'm trying to wait for spingtime. I'm pretty much settled on the Maya TTS or the Eurohart TT6 (same wheel). 19s because the don't come in 20s. It's getting harder to wait because I really want to post some pics of my car and I just hate looking at the stock 16s!
Here's a pic of the Euroharts

Last edited by SCHEME; 01-30-04 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-30-04, 03:53 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

OK, if it will make the ride better I will upgrade the shocks too, I just didn't know which ones to get because all of them are said to make the ride "stiffer" . What are "bump stops"? Do the shocks need to be stiffer or just shorter?
I'd say to go with KYBs, those are the most conservative while still maintaining control over the suspension. We've been selling quite a few lately, and everyone is happy with the results.

You really can't get shorter shocks, but you definitely need ones that are valved to control the faster movement of the suspension that stiffer springs provide.

Bump stops are the rubber bumpers on top of the shock that are installed on the shaft. For these springs you should probably cut off one section to help give you a little more suspension travel and to smooth out your ride some.
Old 01-30-04, 03:58 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Nice Taste in wheels, I have seen them in silver 19" on a GS and they look Are you guys gettin snow down there in the "A"?? I would think its nice there!!
Old 01-30-04, 04:08 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I can give you a killer deal on some 19's "AT RIVAS"........

Last edited by Letsride; 01-30-04 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-30-04, 04:13 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Letsride
I can give you a killer deal on some 19's "AT RIVAS"........
there ya go "hustle man" LOL
Old 01-30-04, 04:18 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Hehehe....time for something new.....

Quick Reply: Dress up Form Springs/Tanabe DF210