Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need help Installing the TEIN EDFC on my GS

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-04, 08:28 AM
JBFGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help Installing the TEIN EDFC on my GS

I just recently got the Tein CS coilover and EDFC. Now my question is there is a green,black,red,and yellow wire. I know the red is 12v pwr, and the black is Ground, and more then likley the yellow is remote but what is the green? If anyone has installed this let me know where about you tapped in the wires and what the green wire does for me and also suggestion on where to install the EDFC without having to cut to much if any of my car up.

Thank you
Justin Falla

One last question when istalling the EDFC part that mount on the top of each shock how tight do you screw them on (Hand tight/wrench) and do you have to set the valve in the top of the shock a certain way before you screw them on (all clockwise or counterclockwise) or will it set it self once installed?

Sorry for so many questions but no directions installing the Coils is a breeze this EDFC deal is going to be a pain to run all the wires!
Old 01-23-04, 09:31 AM
JBFGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys i got the colors figured out Green is illumination i should have known forgot it lit up for a minute. But still if anyone has any ideas or anywers to my other question im open to suggestions. Where is the easiest place to run the wires remove the seats or threw the centerconsole? Also where is the easy place to get threw to the trunk and engine bay need to know that as well.

Thanks
Justin Falla
Old 01-23-04, 09:37 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Need help Installing the TEIN EDFC on my GS

Originally posted by JBFGS300
[B]I just recently got the Tein CS coilover and EDFC. Now my question is there is a green,black,red,and yellow wire. I know the red is 12v pwr, and the black is Ground, and more then likley the yellow is remote but what is the green?
Here is the wires are for:

yellow: All time power supply
red: Accessory power supply
green: Illumination power supply
black: Ground

If you don't have the English install instructions, you can download the PDF from their website.
Old 01-23-04, 09:46 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by JBFGS300
Where is the easiest place to run the wires remove the seats or threw the centerconsole? Also where is the easy place to get threw to the trunk and engine bay need to know that as well.
Front: There are two grommits on either side of the engine bay. You can try to squeeze the cable through there, cut the opening a little bigger, or cut an additional slit on the side of the opening. It's up to you how you want to get the wire through. Once inside, it is up to you how to route the wires behind the main console to get to the control unit.

Rear: You can remove the rear seat bottom and squeeze the wires behind the rear seat back. Whether you want to run each wire down each side of the car or both down one side is up to you. I did the both down one side way.

I'm sure there are other suggestions but this is how mine is installed.

BTW, my unit's illumination is wired with the accessory power so it is always lit up. It was just easier and the unit is always visible since it is lit. I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing in terms of the unit's light. It is just how mine is wired. Do what is easier/more comfortable for you.\

Good luck.
Old 01-23-04, 10:23 AM
gsnav
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Neo,

The lights are LEDs right? If so, i guess there's no worrying about LEDS because the lifespan of one is longer than probably the life of the product!

GsNav
Old 01-23-04, 11:21 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new coilovers, and good luck with the install, post pics of the finished product!