Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

teins flex

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-03, 03:28 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default teins flex

does the teins flex come preassembled and preloaded
Old 12-19-03, 03:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yes everything is preassembled already. just take out your whole stock piece and replace it with the flex. no spring compressor needed
Old 12-19-03, 03:47 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

thanks henry

cant wait to do the swap over

this is final link before supercharger
Old 12-19-03, 04:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by lexforlife
thanks henry

cant wait to do the swap over

this is final link before supercharger
no problem man and damn that's fast!
Old 12-19-03, 04:56 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

thanks bro , thats exactly it "i want to be fast" remember i got freelance down here running around so i gotta try and keep up
Old 12-21-03, 01:20 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

henry

are we sure the teins flex coilover comes preassembled .. the strut and spring already preloaded as a unit

steve at carson emailed me and said no

can you guys who recently bought the teins flex confirm that it does come preloaded ready to install into the car strut towers
Old 12-21-03, 11:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thanks bro , thats exactly it "i want to be fast" remember i got freelance down here running around so i gotta try and keep up
haha, just make sure you dont' run out of stuff to mod
Old 12-21-03, 11:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

henry

are we sure the teins flex coilover comes preassembled .. the strut and spring already preloaded as a unit

steve at carson emailed me and said no

can you guys who recently bought the teins flex confirm that it does come preloaded ready to install into the car strut towers
umm.... that's weird, i didn't recall todd using the spring compressor on the flex at all as it comes with all the pillow mount, etc... i think you can give todd a call and find out more about that, i am sure he can give you the definite answer
Old 12-22-03, 06:30 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

I just got mine last week. I have not installed them yet as I can't drive (my left hand is broken) and take the car to my mechanic. I will open the box and take pics and will post them here later this week.

Last edited by Hameed; 12-22-03 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-22-03, 06:52 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEIN Flex....

Yessir they come pre-assembled. Just one piece, only thing is that the bottom piece(tubing) rotates. Now I don't know if that is suppose to be like that but I will find out soon when I install them. (fingers crossed). Maybe Henry can help us out on that?

-R-
Old 12-22-03, 07:16 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

hameed , what happened bro , i hope it was not the little misses broke it when she saw the credit card bill LOL LOL

let me know when you open yours so i can know for sure did you get the edc controller as well i am debating getting it at the same time , dont know if i want to route wires all over the place i dont drive for long periods of time to appreciate it pretty much for me play around with adjusting ***** until i find the balance between some comfort and near extreme handling
Old 12-22-03, 09:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: TEIN Flex....

Originally posted by RU-INAW
Yessir they come pre-assembled. Just one piece, only thing is that the bottom piece(tubing) rotates. Now I don't know if that is suppose to be like that but I will find out soon when I install them. (fingers crossed). Maybe Henry can help us out on that?

-R-
the bottom one will turn, all you need to do is to turn the lower lock plate all the way down to lock it. make sure you do that coz' otherwise it will affect the travel distance i believe and mess up the spring rate and dampening rate
Old 12-22-03, 10:51 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: TEIN Flex....

Originally posted by rominl
the bottom one will turn, all you need to do is to turn the lower lock plate all the way down to lock it. make sure you do that coz' otherwise it will affect the travel distance i believe and mess up the spring rate and dampening rate

Thanks for the reply Henry, let me ask you this as well. When locking that down, how do I know what the right distance would be for that? Do I measure that like the diagram is on page 8 I believe it is, I don't have the instructions in front of me. I put the coilovers side by side and one of them was showing more thread than the other. Thanks for your help Henry.

-R-
Old 12-22-03, 11:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Re: Re: TEIN Flex....

Originally posted by RU-INAW
Thanks for the reply Henry, let me ask you this as well. When locking that down, how do I know what the right distance would be for that? Do I measure that like the diagram is on page 8 I believe it is, I don't have the instructions in front of me. I put the coilovers side by side and one of them was showing more thread than the other. Thanks for your help Henry.

-R-
oh man this is a tough one. shameful enough, i didn't do that myself and todd did all the work guess the best way is to contact him and see what's up
Old 12-22-03, 11:43 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

hameed , what happened bro , i hope it was not the little misses broke it when she saw the credit card bill LOL LOL
The price I paid to pass my 2nd Degree test in Tae Kwon Do. My aim was off for the brick breaking part of the test and I caught the two bricks I had to break right on an edge. Can you say OUCH!??

Anyway I passed the test and the cast will be off in another week! The price we pay to have fun!

Quick Reply: teins flex