Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Camber Kit...ETA!??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-03, 06:15 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber Kit...ETA!??

Ok so it's been beaten to death that there is no camber kit for the GS, and there's always talk about a kit "comming soon", but does anyone have a solid answer with a real date of when a kit will be available?
Old 12-14-03, 11:26 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to be a smart a$$ but ask the people who make the products. Thats what I had to do about the Daizen control arm bushings. They told me late Dec. early Jan. Lexus-parts.com might have an answer or the actual manufacture should give you a way better ball park than any of us unless a paticular member on here has a very good connect on the inside of the company, and then again you can just ask them. Hope all that helps, but like I said not trying to be smart just stating the obvious.
Old 12-15-03, 08:37 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Right right, more than a response from an "insider" I'm looking for info which someone may have heard of another company besides Daizen who may be developing a kit (because obviously Daizen has already given a few dates which are well in the past). You don't suppose I should go calling every manufacturer who has ever made anything for the GS and ask them if/when they'll be developing/releasing a camber kit? No, I don't think that's feasible.
Maybe I should rephrase the question...does anyone know of another company besides Daizen who is in the process of releasing a camber kit for the GS?
Old 12-15-03, 09:28 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

that i know of , i only heard of daizen making one....and trust me they have everyone here waiting...i've spoken 2 fortune in person and he keeps telling us 2 wait cus they want it 2 make it right not 1st..

Last edited by bluelex; 12-15-03 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-15-03, 09:28 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by APLUS
Not to be a smart a$$ but ask the people who make the products.
I emailed Daizen twice about the GS camber kit.....NO response.
Old 12-15-03, 11:53 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I emailed Daizen twice about the GS camber kit.....NO response. Wow I have emailed them serveral times and have always gotten a response by the next day.

I should go calling every manufacturer who has ever made anything for the GS and ask them if/when they'll be developing/releasing a camber kit? No, I don't think that's feasible.

Like I stated man not trying to be a smart a$$ but we are all waiting and eager just like you, and like you said in your post you didn't ask if any one knew of another company who manufactures camber kits.
Old 12-15-03, 01:59 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You would think with all the slammed Aristos in Europe, Asia, and Japan they would have one by somebody
Old 12-15-03, 02:09 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GammaLex
You would think with all the slammed Aristos in Europe, Asia, and Japan they would have one by somebody
Yeah, I mean it's a freakin "camber kit" aka: adjustable control arm bushings...The manufacturer's mark up has got to be incredible on a product like that...1000% maybe more (ok that's just a wild guess I pulled out of my ****, but it can't be far off). R&D sounds like it'd be fairly simple, production HAS to be easy, materials...ok you need something strong...that's not expensive, we're not looking for titanium products here...a little polyurethane & cast iron should do the trick... WHAT'S THE DEAL!?? Are the tire companies lobbying suspension manufacturers to not make camber kits anymore? That would be funny, I'm sure bad camber makes tire co.'s millions every year.