Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

So L-tuned discontinued..Can I get eibach instead..can I change just springs for now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-03, 11:01 PM
kam1996
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So L-tuned discontinued..Can I get eibach instead..can I change just springs for now?

Hey guys..
Thank you for all your help..
i have been reading about L-Tuned being no longer available..I saw a few Eiback springs for sale on EBAY..
My question is can i change just the springs for now and would that make any difference..Or do I have to change the shocks and springs all together....

also are there any other shocks you guys recommend, other than L-Tuned i mean...

If you guys do like the eibacks..are there different kinds of Eibach springs..i-e pro, sport, street..or all they all the same.

Thank you..
Old 11-16-03, 11:03 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default shocks

don't even waste your time & money with springs and shocks. get some adjustable coilovers they are far superior in everyway. you'll be much happier with coilovers. if you get springs and shocks you'll keep seeing stuff about coilovers and you'll keep wondering if you should have gotten them and eventually it will eat at you so much that you'll spring for the money to get them and then you'll kick yourself for wasting money on stuff that did'nt work well. do it right the first time you'll save money in the long run and you'll have a better car. how do i know this because this is exactly how i did it . you not only have to buy springs and shocks, but at least for me i had to pay to have them put on as well as taken off. then when i sold them i got less than half of what i paid for them. coilovers are the only way to go.
Old 11-16-03, 01:56 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

it all depends on the person. I myself had springs/shocks on my last car, and I will not use them again, I'm going coilover my next time around. if you want to run a mild drop, and do not intend to put huge (20s) wheels on your car, then the Eibachs should suit you just fine. You may not be interested in adjustable height, dampening, etc, and just want to improve your overall handling.

If this is you then enjoy your Eibachs, if not, save up for coilovers!!
Old 11-16-03, 03:35 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default springs & shocks

i've just got to say that coilovers improve the handling way beyond springs and shocks, of course that is just my opinion based on doing it both ways
Old 11-18-03, 12:04 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

It is recommended to replace shocks along with shorter springs. In some applications the stock shocks will bottom out with shorter springs. I have used L-Tune for a few years now (2nd set) and have found them to be good if not a little soft. I will shortly be replacing them with Tein Flex only for the reason of being able to control the front and rear damping rate. Besides ,why tear everything apart twice? Do it all while in your there the first time.

Lee
Old 11-18-03, 08:09 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

coil overs are the way to go if you can afford them

Myself, i got the l-tuned struts w/ eibach pro kit springs. lowered the front about 1.25" and the back 1". Def improved handling. Love the look, and cost very very little

here are pics that i posted

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=101162