Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Phoenix "chapter"

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-14, 02:47 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LiamSevier
Can anyone recommend a valley shop that's good with brakes for our cars? I'm not looking to get any work done on the brake system, per se, but looking for a place that can take the calipers off (and store the car for 2 days while I'm having the calipers powdercoated), then put them back on.

Also, looking for a referral to a good quality powdercoating service. I have a couple of places in mind, but interested to hear from other references. Thanks.
I was in the same boat as you a few months ago with my LS460. In the end, instead of having to go through the extra cost and hassle of getting the calipers off, 6sick6 (Drew) painted them on the car. If you are interested, I can vouch for him. I think they came out great.

Old 09-07-14, 07:44 PM
GabrielP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LiamSevier
Sounds like fun. Unfortunately, my IS is a bit busy this coming week, with having the all of the chrome trim wrapped on Monday, a prep detail with Iron X on Wednesday, full XPEL bra on Thursday and then a full detail with OptiCoat Pro on Saturday.

A group meeting/cruise sometime after then would be great though. The typical "Scottsdale D'Bag / Homie-G-Poptart" thing at Pavillions wears a bit thin, so I tend to avoid those meets. But anywhere else sounds fantastic.
been trying to reach out to anyone out here. Trying to find out if there are any meets and when and where are they. Im tucson. but don't mind driving anywhere. (917) 648-2962
Old 10-03-14, 08:40 AM
cgawelko
Pole Position

Just saw this whole regional thing. Is there any meets around phoenix that ARENT at the Pavs?
Old 10-03-14, 07:39 PM
Phoenyx084
Rookie

I don't think anyone has organized any meets yet, I would be interested in participating in one. There is a drift and drag event at firebird where a bunch of Supra's plan on meeting up at.
Old 10-06-14, 03:29 AM
cgawelko
Pole Position

anything but the Paviliions. Thats where all the douche canoe BMW people go.
Old 10-06-14, 06:56 AM
Phoenyx084
Rookie

Originally Posted by cgawelko
anything but the Paviliions. Thats where all the douche canoe BMW people go.
Yeah I've been going to the Pavs for the past 11 years and I must say, it's not as fun as it use to be and it's starting to get a little to crowed IMO. I think the only reason why I go there now is for YC's lol.
Old 10-06-14, 02:58 PM
cgawelko
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Phoenyx084
Yeah I've been going to the Pavs for the past 11 years and I must say, it's not as fun as it use to be and it's starting to get a little to crowed IMO. I think the only reason why I go there now is for YC's lol.
I went back when I was in the BMW crew one time. All they did was try to be cool infront of the other car clubs, and instead of reserving spots for each other, they would park like ***** and take up more space and then talk crap about everyone elses car. Then everyone else you run into is talking about how GREAT their stuff is and how much everyone elses car sucked. My BMW was sweet, it was fast, M3 cams and all that, but I never told them because I refused to act like that.

But there is an american car show from Nancy Perry Productions (i know her, I used to do the american shows with my old muscle cars) on friday its at Chilly Bombers on 51st and Bell, and then it goes to MexTeca on 67th and bell on saturday. Im going to them this weekend with my LS since its loud and sounds american. They will never know lol
Old 10-08-14, 05:06 PM
cgawelko
Pole Position

I will drive through the Pavs this weekend. If you spot me, say hi or whatever, but i aint gonna stay long searching. If you dont hear my LS400 coming, then look for the Hammer and Sickle on my taillight or my headlight.
Old 10-20-14, 01:59 PM
Azlex90
Driver School Candidate

well when you guys find a spot in phx let me know why not downtown somewhere ? im willing to ride out in my beat up gs she looks rough now but wait until lexy gets done up