Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

San Antonio Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-12, 09:26 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

370HP 0-60 in 5.2 quarter mile in 13.7

307HP 0-60 in 4.9 - 5.1 quarter mile in low 13's

All I am saying is for having that much HP and all that torque that care is really not moving that much faster. HP is not everything it's all in how the engine uses that power and how long it can keep it.

2 more cylinders means nothing, I can show you 4 cylinder car that will do the quarter in under 10 seconds (Civic by Venom)

Since my last post I got the chance to race an R/T and it couldn't keep up very well. SRT8 yeah that would kill me probably. Lexus can be beat I don't think anyone here has ever doubted that one. But I think what we will all agree on is imports seem to be more efficient with the engines.

Me personally I go for sound, a good stereo and I am happy.

@Farming, I have not seen any meets since joining. One person was mentioning a meetup at a coffee house on Saturdays.
Old 12-13-12, 12:23 AM
acl99
Rookie

Just found this thread. Anyone still meet up? I've got a silver GS430 and a black MKIV Supra and wouldn't mind making it out to some meets.
Old 12-13-12, 03:14 AM
farming
Pole Position

Originally Posted by acl99
Just found this thread. Anyone still meet up? I've got a silver GS430 and a black MKIV Supra and wouldn't mind making it out to some meets.
I see a couple of active posters. We can probably set up a little club/meet group if you're interested..
Old 12-14-12, 06:58 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

MKIV Supra wow now that is a nice car and a very hard one to find. If there is a meet I am all for it.
Old 12-17-12, 04:58 AM
sneekysac
Driver School Candidate

There is a meet on fridays frm 7-10 at smash burger on 281 north of 1604.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO51...e_gdata_player
This is some footage from recent meets. It's a mixed crowd import and domestic but are fweekriends and not there to bash each other. I drive an 02is300 sportcross blk. but I will be outta town this friday but will be there next week. -shawn- @sneekysac on instagram or text 9134867340
Old 12-21-12, 05:19 PM
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LaVaism
370HP 0-60 in 5.2 quarter mile in 13.7

307HP 0-60 in 4.9 - 5.1 quarter mile in low 13's

All I am saying is for having that much HP and all that torque that care is really not moving that much faster. HP is not everything it's all in how the engine uses that power and how long it can keep it.

2 more cylinders means nothing, I can show you 4 cylinder car that will do the quarter in under 10 seconds (Civic by Venom)

Since my last post I got the chance to race an R/T and it couldn't keep up very well. SRT8 yeah that would kill me probably. Lexus can be beat I don't think anyone here has ever doubted that one. But I think what we will all agree on is imports seem to be more efficient with the engines.

Me personally I go for sound, a good stereo and I am happy.

@Farming, I have not seen any meets since joining. One person was mentioning a meetup at a coffee house on Saturdays.
congrats.......spoken like a true ricer!! 2 extra cylinders mean nothing? You seriously need to work for nascar... they would KILL for your vast knowledge. Displacement is everything...your web and forum knowledge doesn't replace science. Show me that 10sec civic and I'll show you a 1980's caravan that will beat it!! ANYTHING can be made fast. we are not talking about a gay riced civic that is a one off car not sold anywhere, has no a/c, radio, seats, power nothing and has to be towed to the track and it just looks stupid...., we are talking about 2 off the shelf slow cars.

And those numbers you posted are nowhere near concrete. Most say 0-60 at over 5sec and around low 14sec 1/4 mile for the IS. Where did your #'s come from? who were the drivers? who posted them? were you there? were they modded? did they race each other??.....etc etc etc stock for stock with experienced drivers I bet the outcome would be very very different. And that IS at 3500+ LBS v6 with not even 300TQ and automatic will NOT do low 13's out the box. Keep dreaming. I have a GS but I don't pretend its a race car cuz nothing lexus makes off the shelf is except the LFA. so to satisfy my need I have an 02 Z28 with a 427ci LS7 swap and does 10.6's ...no boost of any kind and its a daily driver. Its not the fastest car but I know that it was designed to do what the GS was not.

The IS not a race car, its slow...period. Sit shotgun in cars whose front wheels left the ground and do 1/4's at over 130mph+ and you will agree too!
Old 12-23-12, 09:19 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Zoilus
congrats.......spoken like a true ricer!! 2 extra cylinders mean nothing? You seriously need to work for nascar... they would KILL for your vast knowledge. Displacement is everything...your web and forum knowledge doesn't replace science. Show me that 10sec civic and I'll show you a 1980's caravan that will beat it!! ANYTHING can be made fast. we are not talking about a gay riced civic that is a one off car not sold anywhere, has no a/c, radio, seats, power nothing and has to be towed to the track and it just looks stupid...., we are talking about 2 off the shelf slow cars.

And those numbers you posted are nowhere near concrete. Most say 0-60 at over 5sec and around low 14sec 1/4 mile for the IS. Where did your #'s come from? who were the drivers? who posted them? were you there? were they modded? did they race each other??.....etc etc etc stock for stock with experienced drivers I bet the outcome would be very very different. And that IS at 3500+ LBS v6 with not even 300TQ and automatic will NOT do low 13's out the box. Keep dreaming. I have a GS but I don't pretend its a race car cuz nothing lexus makes off the shelf is except the LFA. so to satisfy my need I have an 02 Z28 with a 427ci LS7 swap and does 10.6's ...no boost of any kind and its a daily driver. Its not the fastest car but I know that it was designed to do what the GS was not.

The IS not a race car, its slow...period. Sit shotgun in cars whose front wheels left the ground and do 1/4's at over 130mph+ and you will agree too!
My times have been gathered from this forum. You can find those numbers all day long and most just have intake and exhaust. I did not say the IS was a race car. Your the one that says horse power is everything, but I can show you 4 bangers that will out run a lot of things on the street. Lotus, which is only putting out 160HP maybe 200 for their base model and it keeps up with a whole lot of cars. Again it's a very light weight car. Gay riced civic? Take a 4 cyl engine and do less than 10seconds that is pretty impressive. I never said the lexus was the fastest thing ever, hell an Evo will kill it. Apparently you know everything though, unless it's a 10 second car it's just slow. Apparently horse power is everything. Next thing you'll be telling me a Supra which is just a V6 can't outrun anything because it's just a V6, a V8 would do more damage to it. Your right I don't know much about cars I know more about computers, but I also know that how a car uses it's power and how much weight it has to push matters. What is your point? Can you make one?

All I ever said was I have a friend with a Charger RT that wants to go to the race track and see how they line up, I believe I would have him based on everything I have seen and the weight difference. but oh wow I guess people can't go to the race track unless they have a 10 second car, because geez some people don't like to have a little fun. Go take your LS7 out to the track, I have a couple buddies that love to eat those all day long. Seriously though make some type of point. Search the forums and see what people are pulling for numbers. 13.5 13.4 13.3 one person I saw did 12.9 out of a crappy V6 not even putting out 306 to the wheels. Talk about small ***** syndrome. If it's not bigger than it can't be better. Im done...
Old 12-26-12, 09:15 AM
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LaVaism
My times have been gathered from this forum. You can find those numbers all day long and most just have intake and exhaust. I did not say the IS was a race car. Your the one that says horse power is everything, but I can show you 4 bangers that will out run a lot of things on the street. Lotus, which is only putting out 160HP maybe 200 for their base model and it keeps up with a whole lot of cars. Again it's a very light weight car. Gay riced civic? Take a 4 cyl engine and do less than 10seconds that is pretty impressive. I never said the lexus was the fastest thing ever, hell an Evo will kill it. Apparently you know everything though, unless it's a 10 second car it's just slow. Apparently horse power is everything. Next thing you'll be telling me a Supra which is just a V6 can't outrun anything because it's just a V6, a V8 would do more damage to it. Your right I don't know much about cars I know more about computers, but I also know that how a car uses it's power and how much weight it has to push matters. What is your point? Can you make one?

All I ever said was I have a friend with a Charger RT that wants to go to the race track and see how they line up, I believe I would have him based on everything I have seen and the weight difference. but oh wow I guess people can't go to the race track unless they have a 10 second car, because geez some people don't like to have a little fun. Go take your LS7 out to the track, I have a couple buddies that love to eat those all day long. Seriously though make some type of point. Search the forums and see what people are pulling for numbers. 13.5 13.4 13.3 one person I saw did 12.9 out of a crappy V6 not even putting out 306 to the wheels. Talk about small ***** syndrome. If it's not bigger than it can't be better. Im done...
My response was to how you just simply ignored what the other car has and you should have a shot because his car weighs more. And yes if it's not 10's or faster, to me its NOT fast, because the last time I checked, the definition of fast is to go move at a high/er rate of speed. so technically in racing the idea is to be fastER. so yeah I call 12's+ slow because its NOT 10's, the 9 and 8 sec guys call me slow because 10's is NOT 8's or 9's and so on....

Never said HP was everything, I said you can't just ignore 2 more cylinders , 2 more liters , more torque ...etc there IS NO replacement for displacement. What ever you do to a 4 banger or a 6 will always have better results in an 8, in a 10 ..etc because that's just how it is

As far as your buddies beating me...good for them...YOU can't beat me! Everyone always says how they have buddies who are "faster" than me, but they themselves never are. I have buddies that can't beat your buddies EASILY... see how that works? owning a 10sec or better car is rare. way less than 1% of the population owns those types of cars. the fact that you know a couple is doubtful. And if they can eat me that means they run 9's or better and 9's from a 4banger or a 6 ...is even rarer still, so yeah "your buddies" ...im sure

I like how you say, bigger is not better...ummm yeah it is ALWAYS... Just ask your girlfriend or any of HER friends!

Besides THAT......the fastest land record for a car is not held by a 4 banger, the million dollar TRUE supercars are not 4's or even 6's . Indy doesn't race with 4's or 6's neither does nascar and NHRA stock cars that do the 1/4 mile in 3.?? seconds( which not even motorcycles can do) at 300mph+....guess what, they don't run 4's or 6's either and those are the EXPERTS. So if its not good enough for the pros...guess what jack...its not good enough for me.
Old 01-07-13, 10:01 PM
SATXLexxus
Driver School Candidate

I'm new to CLx too...If someone is holding a Lexus meet I'd be interested too
Old 01-18-13, 04:27 PM
farming
Pole Position

Coffee House of Saturdays? Lets do this! I just got in town!
Old 01-21-13, 06:22 PM
Gonzilla24
Rookie

Originally Posted by Zoilus
UUUmmmmm ......no !

I know this is not the place for it buuuut----

I absolutely love how everybody is a seasoned nascar driver and how HP and weight are the only things that matter. The "Lexus beats all domestics because is a Lexus" idea is way way way wrong.

I have news for both of you, you better look up torque and what it does. Especially for launch since torque is what ACTUALLY makes you go. HP only keeps you going and oh yeah lets forget entirely about displacement and that he has more than 2 liters, 2 cylinders and god know how many more cubic inches on you too to offset that weight.

Lets do some quick couch potato race track math:

2012 IS350:

curb weight 3527LBS 306hp / 277tq
LBS each one horsepower is responsible for = 11.53LBS ( total weight divided by total hp, less is better of course)
LBS each Pound Foot of Torque is responsible for= 12.73LBS (same formula as above but use TQ)

2010 Charger RT:

Curb Weight 4085LBS 368hp / 395tq
LBS each one horsepower is responsible for = 11.10LBS
LBS each one Pound foot of Torque is responsible for = 10.34LBS

The HP to weight ratio is almost the same (he is actually lower tho!) but he's got you beat hands down in torque.
PLUS ... 2.2 More Liters, 2 more cylinders, 8 more valves and ??? more cubic inches

Stock for Stock with 2 very experienced drivers in each car...
I don't see why ANYONE on this board would think the IS would win and by a half second...really??
Yes it takes more energy/power to launch the heavier mass, but he has it and more!
clearly the only chance you would have is either he doesn't know how to drive at all...or the dodge breaks down!

tAnd if his car is an SRT8, don't even bother. seriously dont. He'll have + .3 liters, + 52hp/+25tq more on top of the RT's numbers. And worse still if his car is a 2012.

Oh and someone remind me again what business either of these two cars have being at the track in the first place. if you're not 11sec range or less, why even bother??

Im done hijacking
Good points... I say they race anyways.... Hell not everyone can afford a sub 11 second car. Dodge is garbage anyways.
Old 01-21-13, 06:24 PM
Gonzilla24
Rookie

Where are the meets at??? I have asked here before hardly get any replies. I need friends. Lol
Old 01-22-13, 12:51 PM
farming
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gonzilla24
Where are the meets at??? I have asked here before hardly get any replies. I need friends. Lol
Contact me at 210-792-1414 and maybe we can get together with others...
Old 01-28-13, 09:06 AM
bigfazolie
Rookie

So guys I purchased a cf roof spoiler for my 2IS and stuck it on my car. Someone decided it looked better on their car, so they stole it off my car from the rim at best buy (my work place) if anyone sees it around please let me know! It has a small chip at the bottom left of it
Old 02-03-13, 09:44 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a meet at Guitar Center by NOrth star mall on every Wed night around 9:30...

Quick Reply: San Antonio Roll Call!