Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

San Antonio Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-12, 05:43 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

North Park Lexus is the only dealership in town that I know of. I went there to buy a Lexus and I must admit, customer service was lacking there. They would not come help me or talk to me, I suppose you have to look like you have money.

I don't know about their service department though. If your coming from Germany, safe to assume your in the military?
Old 09-22-12, 06:12 PM
bigfazolie
Rookie

Service department isn't too shabby. They're quick, but a little expensive
Old 09-23-12, 01:41 PM
ghwanee
Rookie

Originally Posted by LaVaism
North Park Lexus is the only dealership in town that I know of. I went there to buy a Lexus and I must admit, customer service was lacking there. They would not come help me or talk to me, I suppose you have to look like you have money.

I don't know about their service department though. If your coming from Germany, safe to assume your in the military?
Yes I am military. I made an appt to get some things checked out for Wednesday. I hope they would extend my warranty slight bit because I was in Germany and couldn't get warranty services. If not, I can deal with the problem. One big thing I do want to get fixed is to take out the nav dvd. I put in a European one while I was in Germany to at least see the map but disconnecting the battery to ship the vehicle resetted the ECU and now the system will not read the vehicle. And there is no other way to take the dvd out.
Old 09-24-12, 02:26 PM
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ghwanee
Yes I am military. I made an appt to get some things checked out for Wednesday. I hope they would extend my warranty slight bit because I was in Germany and couldn't get warranty services. If not, I can deal with the problem. One big thing I do want to get fixed is to take out the nav dvd. I put in a European one while I was in Germany to at least see the map but disconnecting the battery to ship the vehicle resetted the ECU and now the system will not read the vehicle. And there is no other way to take the dvd out.
what year and model do you have? because with what they are gonna charge you, maybe you should consider getting a double din touch screen with GPS. I put one in my car, a 2GS300 and everything was like $300. couldn't be happier. just an idea though.
Old 09-25-12, 11:38 AM
bigfazolie
Rookie

2IS doesn't have a double din screen kit. I don't think North park will charge you much anyways
Old 09-25-12, 05:33 PM
ghwanee
Rookie

Well I have a 08 IS250 AWD. I have the appt tomorrow. And I'm thinking only thing they gotta do is override the system and eject the dvd. Because in order for European disc to work, the system has to have loaded the north american disc since the navigation system is north american. The european map only showed maps and I was not able to type in POI or address due to the format. But I liked it better than the compass they showed since the map was unavailable. Currently, I have the screen off at all time because I'm sick of seeing "Unable to read disc. Contact your dealer". I hope they don't charge me too much.

I already tried going to Universal Toyota but they think they can't do it without even trying it. I guess it's not a common problem most people come with.
Old 09-27-12, 07:37 PM
ghwanee
Rookie

I went took the car in to the dealer and since I was in Germany when my warranty expired they are trying to work something out with Lexus for the warranty issues. I hope it all works out.
Old 10-11-12, 01:15 PM
wslwang
Driver School Candidate

Just found this group. I am in SA TX
Old 10-11-12, 08:44 PM
ghwanee
Rookie

well they ended up not charging me a single cent. So I am a satisfied customer.
Old 10-20-12, 04:51 PM
bigfazolie
Rookie

Spotted a gray 2IS by northstar mall today with some black concave wheels. Anyone on here? Wasn't exactly by northstar, more towards the pyramid building
Old 10-22-12, 03:35 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

@bigfazolie I have seen the same car floating around the same area as well. I know I always pass a couple IS250's on my way home on 281 N. I keep seeing a brand new one on 281 as well, dark grey.
Old 12-05-12, 09:07 PM
farming
Pole Position

Just checking in, I will be there in the New Year. Hope to meet up and get to know all the CL members.
Old 12-09-12, 09:07 AM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Anyone in a dark grey 250 live near 1604 281 area? I keep passing this person almost daily. I believe they have the F Sport badge on the side of the car...
Old 12-10-12, 04:37 AM
farming
Pole Position

So any San Antonio CL meets going on at all? Or rather any meets?
Old 12-11-12, 03:57 PM
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LaVaism
I agree, even though he is pushing 400hp the weight I think will be his worst enemy. I am pushing 300hp and much much lighter than him. I think once I get the intake and exhaust along with the headers I'll take him up on that offer. Kind of scared to get the headers though, don't know what that will do to my MPG. Right now slow is cheaper!
UUUmmmmm ......no !

I know this is not the place for it buuuut----

I absolutely love how everybody is a seasoned nascar driver and how HP and weight are the only things that matter. The "Lexus beats all domestics because is a Lexus" idea is way way way wrong.

I have news for both of you, you better look up torque and what it does. Especially for launch since torque is what ACTUALLY makes you go. HP only keeps you going and oh yeah lets forget entirely about displacement and that he has more than 2 liters, 2 cylinders and god know how many more cubic inches on you too to offset that weight.

Lets do some quick couch potato race track math:

2012 IS350:

curb weight 3527LBS 306hp / 277tq
LBS each one horsepower is responsible for = 11.53LBS ( total weight divided by total hp, less is better of course)
LBS each Pound Foot of Torque is responsible for= 12.73LBS (same formula as above but use TQ)

2010 Charger RT:

Curb Weight 4085LBS 368hp / 395tq
LBS each one horsepower is responsible for = 11.10LBS
LBS each one Pound foot of Torque is responsible for = 10.34LBS

The HP to weight ratio is almost the same (he is actually lower tho!) but he's got you beat hands down in torque.
PLUS ... 2.2 More Liters, 2 more cylinders, 8 more valves and ??? more cubic inches

Stock for Stock with 2 very experienced drivers in each car...
I don't see why ANYONE on this board would think the IS would win and by a half second...really??
Yes it takes more energy/power to launch the heavier mass, but he has it and more!
clearly the only chance you would have is either he doesn't know how to drive at all...or the dodge breaks down!

tAnd if his car is an SRT8, don't even bother. seriously dont. He'll have + .3 liters, + 52hp/+25tq more on top of the RT's numbers. And worse still if his car is a 2012.

Oh and someone remind me again what business either of these two cars have being at the track in the first place. if you're not 11sec range or less, why even bother??

Im done hijacking

Quick Reply: San Antonio Roll Call!