Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

San Antonio Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-11, 06:30 PM
perry05g35
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Ahh been a while since I looked at this tread still dead! Can't wait to move back to Hawaii.
Old 12-02-11, 06:53 PM
IonSpray35
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone going to Import Face Off next week?
Old 12-10-11, 05:53 AM
sneekysac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Imma be out there.
Old 12-10-11, 09:20 PM
IonSpray35
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone going to Import Face Off tomorrow?
Old 12-19-11, 08:36 AM
inventurou
Driver School Candidate

Another local here, although I usually just frequent the F forum. Here's a shot of mine, before some moron gave her a good scrape behind wildfish a couple of nights ago. Found the thread while searching for local body shop recs...
Attached Thumbnails San Antonio Roll Call!-photo2.jpg  
Old 12-20-11, 08:07 PM
koonjajee
Rookie

Local SA guy here with a 99' sc300. GT4780 turbo kit and more. Car should be back out late this week with a new look!!
Old 01-02-12, 11:34 AM
Gonzilla24
Rookie

New to CL, looking to meet with other Lexus owners. Stationed here in SA. I traded in my 01 IS300 for an 08 IS-f back in May. Now looking to add performance parts to her. How is everyone else?
Old 01-07-12, 02:50 AM
sneekysac
Driver School Candidate

I have seen modified lexus around san antonio but have only met a few IS300 & 350 members. It seems hard to arrange a time that everyone can meet up. I'm down to meet up just lemme know. 02 Is300 sportcross
Old 01-07-12, 05:26 PM
Gonzilla24
Rookie

Does anyone know of any Car Clubs here in SA?
Old 01-12-12, 10:39 PM
Zoilus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gonzilla24
Does anyone know of any Car Clubs here in SA?
I have a GS300 and an 02 Camaro Z28.... and there is a half way decent GM/Camaro/TransAm/Vette/GTO..etc car club here. But every Nov. I drive 4hrs to the valley (McAllen, Brownsville, Alamo..etc area) because their Camaro/TransAm/vette....etc club has a cruise to the Island where 100 to 140 cars or so show up every year. Its amazing having a convoy that's a mile long!

My point is--- even in the valley that is NOT the 2nd largest city in Texas, you see this big impressive gathering. You won't ever see any big gatherings like that here of any one specific make or model. Or I think of ANY and or ALL makes!

I like S.A. alot but there is something about enthusiasm that doesn't seem to exist here. Even at Spurs games, people go and support the team and buy merchandise, they just don't cheer and go bezerk like in other cities. Even when I was in Laredo and went to "minor league" Hockey games....they cheered and went CRAZY and were WILD! To me the 4K to 5k people in that arena sounded much more enthusiastic. So much fun....here though...not really.

SA is a very nice place but like I said....enthusiasm, just isn't there for much of anything. weird.
Old 01-13-12, 05:58 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoilus
I have a GS300 and an 02 Camaro Z28.... and there is a half way decent GM/Camaro/TransAm/Vette/GTO..etc car club here. But every Nov. I drive 4hrs to the valley (McAllen, Brownsville, Alamo..etc area) because their Camaro/TransAm/vette....etc club has a cruise to the Island where 100 to 140 cars or so show up every year. Its amazing having a convoy that's a mile long!

My point is--- even in the valley that is NOT the 2nd largest city in Texas, you see this big impressive gathering. You won't ever see any big gatherings like that here of any one specific make or model. Or I think of ANY and or ALL makes!

I like S.A. alot but there is something about enthusiasm that doesn't seem to exist here. Even at Spurs games, people go and support the team and buy merchandise, they just don't cheer and go bezerk like in other cities. Even when I was in Laredo and went to "minor league" Hockey games....they cheered and went CRAZY and were WILD! To me the 4K to 5k people in that arena sounded much more enthusiastic. So much fun....here though...not really.

SA is a very nice place but like I said....enthusiasm, just isn't there for much of anything. weird.

Thats weird, because I have the exact opposite opinion of San Antonio... In San Antonio, there is no emphasis on car clubs. Have you been to Biffs, or Cars & Coffee? When people are meeting there, I can guarantee you will find over 100 cars, and that will most likely include Lambo's, Ferrari's, very high powered Corvettes, Mustangs, etc... There is no car club for this, though, it is just a bunch of enthusiasts... It used to be bigger, before street racing was brought into the lime light... back in the early 00's, we'd meet every Thursday night on Nacogdoches, Sunday night on Military, and interim meets during the week. We'd also make the short trek to San Marcos and Austin as well, we'd have 20-30 cars (just for the drive to Austin and SM) most of the time... This stuff still goes on, you just have to know the right people... There are some VERY fast cars in San Antonio... I can think of at least a half dozen cars that make over 1000 HP...

As far as the Spurs, I'm not sure what games you have gone too, but San Antonio has long been known as one of the loudest crowds in the NBA... It's a HUGE arena and it gets LOUD... As with any sport however, it will be more intense with more intense competition... Go to a Lakers game against the Spurs, or a playoff game... It's deafening in there... I also think, part of it is based on how much you are into the game...

I've been out of the car scene there for 3 or 4 years, so I don't know the specifics, but there is definitely a presence... Go drop by Lethal Performance (say Hi to Derrick and Danny, the owner) some time, chances are you will see one or two twin turbo Corvettes as well as a whole host of other very fast cars... Then drop by Maximum Velocity (say Hi to Tim and Tracy), and check out their 2012 blown Boss 5.0 and if she still has it, her 700 hp 03 Cobra Convertible... After that, drop by Noribuilt, say hi to David and Mike... There, you will find one of the best fabricators in south Texas (Mike)... Then, a short drive North to New Braunfels and talk to Corey at Henderson Performance... He used to have a 32 valve C4 Corvette ZR1, not sure what he has anymore...

Long story short, the guys are out there, just gotta know where to look...

Last edited by mitsuguy; 01-13-12 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-13-12, 01:38 PM
Gonzilla24
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Thats weird, because I have the exact opposite opinion of San Antonio... In San Antonio, there is no emphasis on car clubs. Have you been to Biffs, or Cars & Coffee? When people are meeting there, I can guarantee you will find over 100 cars, and that will most likely include Lambo's, Ferrari's, very high powered Corvettes, Mustangs, etc... There is no car club for this, though, it is just a bunch of enthusiasts... It used to be bigger, before street racing was brought into the lime light... back in the early 00's, we'd meet every Thursday night on Nacogdoches, Sunday night on Military, and interim meets during the week. We'd also make the short trek to San Marcos and Austin as well, we'd have 20-30 cars (just for the drive to Austin and SM) most of the time... This stuff still goes on, you just have to know the right people... There are some VERY fast cars in San Antonio... I can think of at least a half dozen cars that make over 1000 HP...

As far as the Spurs, I'm not sure what games you have gone too, but San Antonio has long been known as one of the loudest crowds in the NBA... It's a HUGE arena and it gets LOUD... As with any sport however, it will be more intense with more intense competition... Go to a Lakers game against the Spurs, or a playoff game... It's deafening in there... I also think, part of it is based on how much you are into the game...

I've been out of the car scene there for 3 or 4 years, so I don't know the specifics, but there is definitely a presence... Go drop by Lethal Performance (say Hi to Derrick and Danny, the owner) some time, chances are you will see one or two twin turbo Corvettes as well as a whole host of other very fast cars... Then drop by Maximum Velocity (say Hi to Tim and Tracy), and check out their 2012 blown Boss 5.0 and if she still has it, her 700 hp 03 Cobra Convertible... After that, drop by Noribuilt, say hi to David and Mike... There, you will find one of the best fabricators in south Texas (Mike)... Then, a short drive North to New Braunfels and talk to Corey at Henderson Performance... He used to have a 32 valve C4 Corvette ZR1, not sure what he has anymore...

Long story short, the guys are out there, just gotta know where to look...
Well, Thats what I am asking where to look. Not many people I have talked to know much about the car scene here in SA. I dont think the people you mentioned would except a Lexus tagging along with them. You named off American cars. They dont take to kindly to imports. (In my experiences anyways.) I am just looking to meet new people and network for items for my car. Hopefully I can meet a few.
Old 01-13-12, 01:51 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

So long as the car is more go than show, then they are very accepting... An acquaintance from Austin had a Sc300 that went 200 plus in the Texas mile... Tim from Maximum Velocity still rocks a Sr20 swapped Sentra with a big turbo, I think... David from Noribuilt has/had a fast DSM... I would comp,etely trust Lethal Performance with mods to it as well... Corey at Henderson Performance paid the exorbitant amount for and AWD dyno just for the Evo/Dsm/Wrx crowd...
Old 01-13-12, 07:48 PM
Gonzilla24
Rookie

Oh, Ok.... Nice I got a stock IS-F its nice I dont think it will top 200 MPH but it can hang with alot of others. I will have to swing by some of the shops you have recommended. In the market for bolt ons. Its my daily driver so i dont wanna get to carried away with it.
Old 01-13-12, 08:18 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by Gonzilla24
Oh, Ok.... Nice I got a stock IS-F its nice I dont think it will top 200 MPH but it can hang with alot of others. I will have to swing by some of the shops you have recommended. In the market for bolt ons. Its my daily driver so i dont wanna get to carried away with it.
Yah, definitely understand... it'll still hang...

A buddy of mine, Kyle, has a IS-F in San Antonio... he lives on the North side, Stone Oak area...

Quick Reply: San Antonio Roll Call!