Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 10:41 PM
PHX-GS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window Tint

Hey everyone, this is PHX's wife . First off I would like to say thank you to everyone for welcoming us! I hope we can make one of the local meets to get to know you guys. I'm slowly dipping my feet into the forum and have been lurking over hubby's shoulder since we joined. I do have a question about window tint. I was wondering if it's better to take my car back to Lexus and let them do it or is there anyone you guys trust to do it. We live in the East Mesa area, so some where close is good. My main issue's are I don't want it to bubble or peel in the desert heat. I posted this on the general 2nd gen forum and MEX LEX suggested P & H in Chandler and that I move my post here. Any recommendations are appreciated and thanks in advance!
Old 08-27-09, 11:31 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PHX-GS430
Hey everyone, this is PHX's wife . First off I would like to say thank you to everyone for welcoming us! I hope we can make one of the local meets to get to know you guys. I'm slowly dipping my feet into the forum and have been lurking over hubby's shoulder since we joined. I do have a question about window tint. I was wondering if it's better to take my car back to Lexus and let them do it or is there anyone you guys trust to do it. We live in the East Mesa area, so some where close is good. My main issue's are I don't want it to bubble or peel in the desert heat. I posted this on the general 2nd gen forum and MEX LEX suggested P & H in Chandler and that I move my post here. Any recommendations are appreciated and thanks in advance!

mine was done at the lexus dealership. but dannys uses the same tint that they use (hüperoptik) and im sure its about half as expensive as what the dealer charges. I love this particular brand of tint, and after having it on this car, it will probably be the only brand i use, unless i cant convince dannys to tint my windshield.
Old 08-28-09, 09:56 AM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my tint done at P&H.

I've had no issues with the tint so far; however, they did break my window switch, cracked the window switch door trim, and damaged the door panel itself (gouged the leather/vinyl with a screwdriver trying to pry the window switch trim out).

Binh (from P&H) did replace my window switch; however, I had to take care of the door panel and panel trim myself. To Binh's credit, he did offer to buy me a new trim piece ($450.00) if I brought it to him (he didn't realize it was broken when I took delivery of the car), so I thought that was pretty big of him.

No resolution on the door panel though. I ended up working out a deal with Lexus directly to get a new door panel entirely (which also came with a new trim piece) and it was an extra $100 out of my pocket, but to me it was worth it to make sure my new $60,000 car was in the same condition as when I gave it to P&H.

I do appreciate that Binh offered to replace the trim piece; however, it is a bit upsetting that I needed to spend more money to bring the car back to the condition it was given to them in. Overall, I would use them again because I think it was big of Binh to offer to pay for the trim piece, but I would be sure to remove any pieces that might get damaged beforehand and/or let them know that you are really particular and ask them to be extra careful.
Old 08-28-09, 01:21 PM
3GRFSE
Driver School Candidate

Try this guy for tints,he is not a amateur tint person.I worked with him at Toyota for at least 10 years.He takes pride in his work and is a proffesional.He has tinted all my vehicles Kendall Nilson 602-570-9612
Old 08-28-09, 03:08 PM
Lexscme
Pole Position

u can try this place? it maybe closer to u since your in mesa

http://abettertint.com/index.html
or
http://www.phoenixmetro.com/cities/m...w_tinting.html

just search around on google.
Old 08-28-09, 08:54 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ilocke
I had my tint done at P&H.

I've had no issues with the tint so far; however, they did break my window switch, cracked the window switch door trim, and damaged the door panel itself (gouged the leather/vinyl with a screwdriver trying to pry the window switch trim out).

Binh (from P&H) did replace my window switch; however, I had to take care of the door panel and panel trim myself. To Binh's credit, he did offer to buy me a new trim piece ($450.00) if I brought it to him (he didn't realize it was broken when I took delivery of the car), so I thought that was pretty big of him.

No resolution on the door panel though. I ended up working out a deal with Lexus directly to get a new door panel entirely (which also came with a new trim piece) and it was an extra $100 out of my pocket, but to me it was worth it to make sure my new $60,000 car was in the same condition as when I gave it to P&H.

I do appreciate that Binh offered to replace the trim piece; however, it is a bit upsetting that I needed to spend more money to bring the car back to the condition it was given to them in. Overall, I would use them again because I think it was big of Binh to offer to pay for the trim piece, but I would be sure to remove any pieces that might get damaged beforehand and/or let them know that you are really particular and ask them to be extra careful.
Wow. I don't know Binh, but does he not have insurance to cover such problems? I mean, when I had my shop, I carried liability for the possibility that something was damaged by mistake and had a significant cost. Sure, my deductible was more than $500, but I don't think it was "big" of him to offer to replace a panel or trim piece his team broke. It was his responsibility. And if I had to remove my entire door panel in order to ensure it wasn't going to get damaged by someone who should know where/where not to place their tools, I don't think I'd ever go back, much less recommend them. Not fragging the guy, but it really seems like he should have fixed it for you, mang.

Big Mack
Old 08-29-09, 02:51 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

yes and no. a lot of shotty shops would just blow u off. at least he didnt put up a fight. by the sound of it, he chose not to have binh pay for it. I have met him in the past and he seems like a stand up guy. whether he makes a mistake or not, if he carried the tint that is on the rest of my car, id let him tint my windshield, especially with his incentives ::
Old 08-29-09, 08:31 PM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Wow. I don't know Binh, but does he not have insurance to cover such problems? I mean, when I had my shop, I carried liability for the possibility that something was damaged by mistake and had a significant cost. Sure, my deductible was more than $500, but I don't think it was "big" of him to offer to replace a panel or trim piece his team broke. It was his responsibility. And if I had to remove my entire door panel in order to ensure it wasn't going to get damaged by someone who should know where/where not to place their tools, I don't think I'd ever go back, much less recommend them. Not fragging the guy, but it really seems like he should have fixed it for you, mang.

Big Mack
You're probably right. Live and learn I guess.
Old 09-07-09, 03:07 PM
PHX-GS430
Driver School Candidate

Awesome guys! Thanks so much for the input. I'm not yet ready to have this done, but when I do I'll have a head start on where to go. Thanks again.