Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Official Arizona members thread

Old 09-30-14, 07:23 PM
Phoenyx084
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ397
Welcome, Phx084...beautiful rides. Hopefully some of these Lexus meets will materialize on days that I can make it. If nothing else, maybe we can get a group out to Pavs or something. We have a meet out here in BFE (Queen Creek) on Wednesdays that I try to hit (all makes), and I was going to the Fit Mob meets when they were happening. Now that it's cooling down, I'm looking to get out a little more. At any rate, welcome. Mex Lex = Caesar?..//TJ
Thanks, I hope to participate!
Old 10-15-14, 09:52 AM
Kozy
Driver School Candidate

Just joined CL, I'm hunting for a late 90s ES300 or LS400 right now. I like the fact that the LS400 has a V8 and a much larger cabin but the premium fuel thing I'm not sure about.

Someone talk me into an LS400!
Old 10-17-14, 06:22 AM
cgawelko
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kozy
Just joined CL, I'm hunting for a late 90s ES300 or LS400 right now. I like the fact that the LS400 has a V8 and a much larger cabin but the premium fuel thing I'm not sure about.

Someone talk me into an LS400!
LOL!. Go for the LS400... If you choose an ES over the LS, you deserve all the repair costs and problems.
Old 10-17-14, 03:47 PM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kozy, cga, what part of AZ are you guys in?
Old 10-17-14, 04:02 PM
Kozy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mccrimmon
Kozy, cga, what part of AZ are you guys in?
I'm in Chandler.
Originally Posted by cgawelko
LOL!. Go for the LS400... If you choose an ES over the LS, you deserve all the repair costs and problems.
You're saying that the LS is more reliable than the ES? That's news to me. Only thing I've ever heard is that both are the same reliability-wise but the LS is typically more expensive to maintain than the ES.
Old 10-18-14, 12:01 AM
cgawelko
Pole Position

We had this discussion on the LS400 general facebook group when Pnutty VW Power wanted to get an ES300... damn near got crucified in there for that lol The ES300 is a terrible car. definitely not as reliable as the LS400. You can pummel the crap out of an LS, gpo 145mph and slam down the freeway and its like your going 50 and you can do it all day and the LS will just keep going. Mine starts every morning, and I never have to deal with dumb crap. She is loud, slams on just about every speed bump, I buy the cheapest parts, and I would drive the ****er anywhere. Hell, in 2 months im driving it 1460 miles home.
Old 10-18-14, 04:43 AM
Kozy
Driver School Candidate

So you made the case for an LS400's reliability which was never in doubt. You didn't do anything to show a lack of reliability on the 3ES though. From what I've seen while stalking the forums, it's a debate that is full of "my car is better than this other one because I said so."

Based on your logic, I should buy an older LS with 250-300k miles instead of an ES that's a few years newer and is in the mid-100k range. That just don't seem right...
Old 10-19-14, 05:54 AM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Both models have issues and both models can be super reliable IF they were properly maintained throughout their lives. LS400 is the flagship for Lexus, top of the line. ES300 is basically a Camry with a nicer interior bottom rung of the ladder. I've seen some really nice looking ES300's around and I wouldn't mind adding one to the collection as a daily. I guess it comes down to how much you have to spend on a car. If money is not a question, find a nice, lower mileage LS. You won't regret it.
Old 10-19-14, 02:57 PM
Kozy
Driver School Candidate

Money is an issue unfortunately. My budget of buying this car is pretty limited, quite a few ES300s fall within my budget that are in decent shape but not as many LS400s. I drove both cars yesterday, and I'm leaning more towards the LS now. Was supposed to go to North PHX today to look at one and told the guy I was 99% sure I s buying It. Then, he randomly went dark on me so that one is likely out of consideration.

Most of the LS400s I'm seeing on Craigslist have an asking price that's a LOT higher than the listed value on KBB. The market for these isn't exactly booming, so why is everyone asking such a premium for them???
Old 10-20-14, 01:41 PM
Azlex90
Driver School Candidate

Default back

well like I said in my last posting im back im glad to see that the lexus fam is growing bigger im just wondering where everyone meets up now is it still tempe market place and who knows of a good body shop my baby is in need of some work
Old 10-25-14, 12:50 PM
GueroAZ
Driver School Candidate

Default Hey what's up

Hey what's up I'm victor just moved to avondale and looking to meet up with other lexus owners out here in AZ . I have a turbocharged 02 is300 black all stock besides under the hood lol.
Old 10-25-14, 12:54 PM
GueroAZ
Driver School Candidate

Default Hey what's up

Hey what's up I'm victor just moved to avondale and looking to meet up with other lexus owners out here in AZ . I have a turbocharged 02 is300 black all stock besides under the hood lol .Official Arizona members thread-image.jpg
Old 10-25-14, 10:28 PM
Phoenyx084
Rookie

Originally Posted by Azlex90
well like I said in my last posting im back im glad to see that the lexus fam is growing bigger im just wondering where everyone meets up now is it still tempe market place and who knows of a good body shop my baby is in need of some work
Welcome back

Originally Posted by GueroAZ
Hey what's up I'm victor just moved to avondale and looking to meet up with other lexus owners out here in AZ . I have a turbocharged 02 is300 black all stock besides under the hood lol .Attachment 345303
Welcome!
Old 10-28-14, 12:38 PM
6sick6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GueroAZ
Hey what's up I'm victor just moved to avondale and looking to meet up with other lexus owners out here in AZ . I have a turbocharged 02 is300 black all stock besides under the hood lol.
Gotcha, haha. Welcome again man. We've been starting to get the meets goin again so there should be another one in the next few wks. So far, it's about once a month. Keep checkin back in this area of the forum for updates
Old 10-29-14, 03:11 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sick6
Gotcha, haha. Welcome again man. We've been starting to get the meets goin again so there should be another one in the next few wks. So far, it's about once a month. Keep checkin back in this area of the forum for updates
You guys should hold a Lexus meet up there... And we'll come cause there's been a few here that are itching to meet up with PHX lexus

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Arizona members thread