Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

MSR Houston Xperience?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-09, 05:13 PM
jenadamson
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSR Houston Xperience?

Has anyone done the "Your Car, Our Track Xperience" at MSR Houston?
Old 05-29-09, 06:38 PM
jenadamson
Driver

Nobody's done this?? Well, I am on Sunday, so I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Old 06-07-09, 05:55 AM
jenadamson
Driver

So, I took my car out on the track last weekend. It was a lot of fun - I had the track mostly to myself for the morning until the Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Viper, Porsches etc got on there too. The MSRHouston track is fairly tight, with a lot of curves and for someone with no racing experience and driving their only car, I wasn't driving as aggressively as I might have. I did learn that the GS can take a corner much faster and tighter than I thought though. I was by far the slowest vehicle out there, but some of that was driver not car. There was a modified RX-7 that I probably could've outrun if I knew what I was doing. I was doing pretty well actually until they changed the direction around the track. A racing modified Porsche blew out their engine downshifting incorrectly in a curve - flamed out (literally! ) and dumped oil all over the track (fortunately, the driver was fine, but they were picking up pieces of the engine everywhere,....). Even after clean up, they decided to switch directions to minimize driving in that area. It's hard to relearn the corners correctly with a Ferrari on your you know what. Everyone there was very nice though and more than happy to show off their cars. Overall, I learned a lot and would recommend others with a GS, SC or IS get out there and try it sometime! I think an IS-F in particular would be a lot of fun and more competitive on that track.