Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Body/Paint Work in San Antonio?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-05, 06:06 PM
sc4/mkiv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body/Paint Work in San Antonio?

Does anybody have any info on a good body work place in or near San Antonio, TX?

Do you recommend the Lexus dealer for this type of work?

I might also consider other cities in Texas if the shop is highly recommended, but I live nearest to San Antonio.

Thanks in advance . . .
Old 09-06-05, 06:53 PM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,100 Likes on 990 Posts

Auotwerks in South Austin is a place I can reccomend highly for Lexus body paint work. $$ and working with tight wad insurance company is a different issue.

If you drive north to Austin, take Stasney exit towards west. They are roughly in the North-East corner of Stasney and South Congress. [The street they are on is neither Stasney nor Congress, but you can see them from the intersection]

Salim
Old 09-07-05, 08:45 AM
sc4/mkiv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Recommendation & Loss of Diminished Value

I just received a call from a representative at North Park Lexus in San Antonio. She recommended (obviously) North Park Lexus' body shop, but noted that they often have a lot of work and may not be able to get to it right away.

She then gave me the name of another shop, and noted that the Lexus dealership often uses them for damage on their "new" cars: Town & Country Body in Seguin, TX. She said that the car would be "like new" if they did it. She said that they do "excellent" work.

She also recommended that if the car needed a significant amount of repair, (she said more than just replacing a bumper, which is what mine needs) to file a "loss of diminished value" claim with the insurance company. Apparently this allows you to get a few hundred more dollars out of the claim since a repaired car is often worth less on a trade in or later sale. I would certainly look into any ramifications of filing this type of claim before I did it, but thought somebody else out there might be interested in the info.