Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Atlanta shop recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-16, 09:04 PM
wander
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlanta shop recommendations

New member in Atlanta. 05 LS430 with 91k well cared for miles . I'm new to Lexus and am looking for a good shop in the Atl for my maintenance . I'm the third owner , just bought it from my mother in law who bought it off lease in 08. It's silver / black with ( as best as I can tell ) the premium package ( vented/heated front seats, heated rear out board seats, parking sensors, smart key. This is replacing my 2014 Passat tdi that's headed back to VW . I'll miss the Bluetooth and 38/50 mpg but that's about it . Extremely impressed with the LS , can only imagine how good it was when new as its so impressive 11 years later!
Let me know what shops to support, I'm in the Woodstock and Alpharetta area mostly.
Old 08-30-16, 07:53 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 336 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by wander
New member in Atlanta. 05 LS430 with 91k well cared for miles . I'm new to Lexus and am looking for a good shop in the Atl for my maintenance . I'm the third owner , just bought it from my mother in law who bought it off lease in 08. It's silver / black with ( as best as I can tell ) the premium package ( vented/heated front seats, heated rear out board seats, parking sensors, smart key. This is replacing my 2014 Passat tdi that's headed back to VW . I'll miss the Bluetooth and 38/50 mpg but that's about it . Extremely impressed with the LS , can only imagine how good it was when new as its so impressive 11 years later!
Let me know what shops to support, I'm in the Woodstock and Alpharetta area mostly.
Congrats on your LS. I used to live in Atlanta and took my '96 LS and my '04 LS to Ozzi's Automotive in Roswell (770-552-5280). I lived in Morningside and later Vinings- so it was a bit of a drive for me to get to him but well worth it. The owner John Minozzi was a master tech at Lexus before opening his own shop. I haven't lived in Atlanta for about 6 years- the shop was no-frills (no wi fi, just a couch and a TV, etc) but that may have changed. I didn't care about the lack of amenities because John and his techs are really good and most importantly they are honest and trustworthy. They never steered me wrong. When I was shopping for my '04 I actually took several LS's to them for pre-purchase inspection and they helped me dodge a few landmines by quickly dismissing 2 different cars upon inspection. John was loyal to Lexus as I remember him driving an old LS (1990-1994 body style) and his wife drove a GX. He knows the cars inside and out. Highly recommend checking them out.
Old 08-30-16, 08:23 AM
wander
Driver School Candidate

That's perfect ! Thanks for the recommendation jrmckinley, and that shop is close to my office !
Old 11-19-16, 05:19 AM
AxisBond
Driver School Candidate

Also try Craig Automotive in East Cobb county. This shop only works on Toyota and Lexus cars and they have certified master technicians. I went there just to look around and was impressed. In addition to my ISF, i have a 2004 Sequoia with 202,000 miles on it and refuse to take it to a dealership anymore. This will be my shop for both cars.
Old 11-19-16, 06:32 AM
wander
Driver School Candidate

Thanks AxisBond. I tried out Ozzi's and was very happy with the service and cost. As it was mentioned , the shop is pretty simple so no barista making craft coffee while you wait but I can just stop by Starbucks on the way. I also have a 06 4Runner with 177k that has started the annoying 20-30 mph, low throttle pressure upshift shutter. Apparently it can be fixed by doing a trains fluid change under pressure so only certain shops are able. I'll check with Craig as the other Indy is ACC on Fulton industrial which is a bit of a trip.