Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Dragon Con Car Meet (9/1/12)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-12, 11:47 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragon Con Car Meet (9/1/12)

Alright all you car enthusiasts who are also sci-fi/fantasy geeks, so who all is interested in meeting together in downtown Atlanta to watch the annual Dragon Con parade and do some serious people watching of all our fellow sci-fi/fantasy geeks dressed up as their favorite characters? For those that don't know, Dragon Con is one of the biggest sci-fi/fantasy conventions held annually over Labor Day weekend in downtown Atlanta, spread out over 4 days (Thu-Sun). The big parade happens on Saturday, where those who want to dress up as their favorite characters from all genres, and the streets are closed off and they strut their stuff. After the parade is over, it's fun to just wander around and check out all the "characters" and take pics with them and of them. You might just see some past and current actors walking around as well since they hold forums in the different hotels. You can buy tickets to attend all the forums, but it is free to wander around and you can see alot of interesting things for free.
So my idea is for those that are interested, we can meet up and park together in one of the parking lots to be designated later, head over to the parade area, and get prime viewing spots, then wander around the city of Atlanta and the convention hotels and get pics with your favorite costumed Dragon Con peeps. I'll post specific details a little later on, but wanted to see who was interested in getting together for this. This definitely won't be your average car meet for sure!!
Old 07-14-12, 09:58 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey bud, I got a wedding that day but if its b4, after I'll stop by to hang. Last year I happened to be downtown at Hooters the Sunday of the event and walking around was fun, so many people dressed up.
Old 07-14-12, 07:23 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

well Mike, the parade on Saturday starts at 10am, so just like a car meet, we have to get there at 8am to get a good spot on Peachtree street to get front row viewing so to speak. The parade only lasts about 45-60min. The people watching we will be doing after the parade, so the schedule is pretty open for anyone that wants to come out, but the parade is something you don't want to miss.
Old 08-13-12, 11:48 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

This is only 3 weeks away. Where are all the sci-fi fanatics at?