Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Atlanta people....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-11, 06:23 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlanta people....

Hey whats up, im gonna be off work next week (labor day) and decided to spend a couple of days in atlanta to see whats up... im planning on going to coke world, the aquarium and maybe underground atlanta or cnn??? any suggestions?? I think im gonna stay at the Ellis, anyone got a hookup or know where i can find a coupon?? Cheapest ive found so far was $119 a night on priceline.

Ill be in the IS if anyone wants to hang out... varsity???
Old 08-30-11, 03:53 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

dont know of too many attractions around the area, but you probably will want to check out caffeine and octane on the 1st sunday of every month. its a meet not to miss if you know what i mean.
Old 08-30-11, 05:19 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

yeah those are pretty much the main stuff in downtown. if you never been to it then it should be fun. where is caffeine and octance??
Old 08-30-11, 09:45 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Denver
yeah those are pretty much the main stuff in downtown. if you never been to it then it should be fun. where is caffeine and octance??
location hasnt been set as of now for this weekends meet. but if there is going to be one, the op definitely needs to check it out.
Old 08-31-11, 04:53 AM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Im probably only gonna be in town thurs- friday so i wont make the meet unfortunately..... Im also thinkin about eating at the vortex and Aretha franklins restaurant i heard the fried chicken and waffles was rediculous!! Any other suggestions for good food???
Old 08-31-11, 09:30 AM
Denver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
Im probably only gonna be in town thurs- friday so i wont make the meet unfortunately..... Im also thinkin about eating at the vortex and Aretha franklins restaurant i heard the fried chicken and waffles was rediculous!! Any other suggestions for good food???
i've eaten at vortex. great burgers. if you like brazillian or meaty food check out Fogo De Chao
Old 08-31-11, 10:48 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Fat Matt's Rib Shack. Fogo is a chain - they're great, but nothing unique to ATL. J Christophers for breakfast/brunch if you're in the north area - great local restaurant!
Old 08-31-11, 04:58 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

this thursday is the varsity meet, its a once of month meet thats the every first thursday of the month, alot of ppl show up to this one
Old 08-31-11, 07:51 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chnk
this thursday is the varsity meet, its a once of month meet thats the every first thursday of the month, alot of ppl show up to this one
i actually dont think that there will be a varsity meet because of the ga tech game on that night. something about the gt season ticket holders have contract with the lot owner to park in that lot and the lot across the street on game days. theres some info about it on the varsity meet facebook page.

but to the op. yeah hit up the vortex and also the varsity for some good food.
Old 09-01-11, 08:00 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
Hey whats up, im gonna be off work next week (labor day) and decided to spend a couple of days in atlanta to see whats up... im planning on going to coke world, the aquarium and maybe underground atlanta or cnn??? any suggestions?? I think im gonna stay at the Ellis, anyone got a hookup or know where i can find a coupon?? Cheapest ive found so far was $119 a night on priceline.

Ill be in the IS if anyone wants to hang out... varsity???
Originally Posted by nivek5sfe
i actually dont think that there will be a varsity meet because of the ga tech game on that night. something about the gt season ticket holders have contract with the lot owner to park in that lot and the lot across the street on game days. theres some info about it on the varsity meet facebook page.

but to the op. yeah hit up the vortex and also the varsity for some good food.
I head this too but I will be down there to see what happens.
Old 09-01-11, 08:57 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

You could check out the weekly local meet at Wild Bill's night club up in Gwinnett (up I-85) tonight. Even if the Varsity meet is on, people usually leave from the Varsity around 9pm and go up to Wild Bill's. If the Varsity is off limits for the GT game, then people will probably just show up at Wild Bill's directly. Usually starts around 7pm.