Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Skip Barber Track Days at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-10, 01:30 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts
Default Skip Barber Track Days at Road Atlanta

I got this email today:
Skip Barber Racing School would like to invite you to participate in a test of our Evening Track Day program on Friday, August 13 at Road Atlanta. Based on the feedback we've received at each of our marketing events in the Atlanta area we know that there is a demand for a return of the Track Days as offered by the Panoz Racing School. A date has opened on our schedule and we would like to test that demand and see if running these events during the cooler evening hours is feasible.

SCHEDULE
4:00 - 4:30pm - Registration
4:30 - 5:00pm - Driver's meeting
5:00 - 5:20pm - Group A, Session 1
5:30 - 5:50pm - Group B, Session 1
6:00 - 6:20pm - Group A, Session 2
6:30 - 6:50pm - Group B, Session 2
7:00 - 7:20pm - Group A, Session 3
7:30 - 7:50pm - Group B, Session 3
Each group will get approximately one hour of track time during this program, broken into three 20-minute sessions each.

This event is open to drivers who have previously participated in Track Days or have previous experience at Road Atlanta. Due to time constraints of this test we are not offering the Group C program with instruction and lead/follow.

The cost for this test program is $199.

NOTES
- This program will run rain or shine.
- Instructors are not permitted to drive student's vehicles on the track.
- Driving rules and tech inspection forms will be e-mailed to each participant upon receiving payment
- The test is restricted to street legal cars that are registered and insured.
- All vehicles must be DOT certified and pass a safety inspection at the track.
- Passengers will be allowed in both groups. All passengers must register and sign a waiver.
- Convertibles must have an approved roll bar installed.
- Snell 2000 or better helmets are required in both groups. Helmet rentals are available at registration for a $20 fee for the day.

In order to run this event on August 13, we need firm commitments from a minimum of 15 drivers no later than 5pm on Friday, August 6. Once we determine there is enough interest in this upcoming date will will reach out to you early next week to finalize registration and arrange payment. Please contact me at (860) 435-4138 or a ckretzmer@skipbarber.com to let me know you are interested.

We realize this is short notice and we are relying on your participation. If we can demonstrate that there is a market for Track Days we will work to add more dates, including full-day programs, to our schedule.

See you at the track,
Chris Kretzmer
Sales Manager
Skip Barber Racing School
If anyone is interested (I am for sure) contact Chris at ckretzmer@skipbarber.com.
Old 08-05-10, 09:19 PM
LexFather

Lance I got it to. So am I reading this right we drive our own cars? (I know silly question)
Old 08-05-10, 09:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

For $199, it's undoubtedly our own cars.

I hadn't thought about it before, but I just realized that late in the day I might be able to drive Supra...