Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Richmond, VA or VA Beach Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-02, 05:36 PM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Richmond, VA or VA Beach Meet

Hey all,

I'm trying to start up a local lux car club in the Richmond, VA area. Car clubs here are pretty dead and are mostly Civi, Accura types. I want to start up a regular meet in the area for those with Lexus, MB, BMW, etc. Also I'd like to set up meets in VA Beach as well.

Any interested in meeting up in the Richmond, VA or VA Beach areas post here or email me at: angelo_a@hotmail.com

Thanks
Old 05-26-02, 04:43 PM
Kizoku
Rookie

hey i live in VA Beach and i know another clublex member lives in norfolk. let me know if you're gonna hold a meet here. maybe cruse the beach front or something. just tell me when you hav somethin in the works! i've been wanting someone in VA to start somethin up
Old 05-26-02, 08:18 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I'm going to be near Williamsburg towards the end of June and (still deciding) might take some time to go visit my brother in VA Beach.

I'll watch to see when you guys are going to get together - may just have to drive by!
Old 05-28-02, 09:33 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm moving to Roanoke on June 3rd, so I'd be up for meets in Richmond. I think a few buds and i r gonna be in the VA beach area around July 20th or so if anyone wants to meet up.

BTW: Whta part of Norfolf does the CL member live in, b/c i used to live in Norfolk before moving to this gawd awful place people call TN.
Old 05-28-02, 10:17 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

I live in Va Beach (Kempsville area) and I'm looking into coordinating an event sometime relatively soon. Let me know what dates you guys are available and what you'd like to do and I'll do what I can to make it happen. If there's enough interest maybe we can get some goodies from CL.
Old 05-28-02, 10:20 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

MyLexSC300:

I grew up in Roanoke (and still have family/friends there). There's some very nice driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway. You'll have to take a drive up Bent Mountain and Windy Gap Mountain (some CRAZY) curvy roads. Other than that, there's probably not all that much more to do than in TN. PM me if you want some ideas.

For CL meets, Charlotte will be about the same distance as Richmond from Roanoke (it's just over 3 hours drive time either way) - you're welcome to head down to ours sometime if you like.
Old 05-28-02, 02:12 PM
Kizoku
Rookie

i think we should hav a meet maybe end of june or sometime july in VA beach.......anyone agree??? maybe something small.....meet at like a nice open area or something and just ride around.....cruse the beach strip w/ all the lex's in a row.......

zushwa,
the cl member lives in Ghent...and those of us from hampton roads should meet up sometime
Old 05-29-02, 12:01 PM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Default Cool, I didn't expect more than one reply!

Well, I'm down for any date, looks like some of you are pushing for the end of next month, maybe we could meet then and maybe something sooner like in the next couple of weeks as well.

Any takers to meet up in the next few weeks? Any ideas on where to meet up?

I like the idea to get all the lex's lined up and cruise down Atlantic or something, nice head turning site. Something to break up the endless lines of neons and civics with ironing boards hooked on the back
Old 05-29-02, 12:03 PM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Default Meet dates?

How about the 29/30 th of June for those wanting to meet up later next month and 1/2 of June for something sooner or if that's too soon, maybe 8/9 of June?
Old 05-30-02, 06:38 PM
Kizoku
Rookie

well 1/2 of june is a lil' soon.....plus i hav my prom then......but 8/9 sound good......or the 29/30 is fine too.....just tell me the details and i'll be there
Old 05-31-02, 05:35 AM
LexFather

More and more people are checking this out. Sounds good.
Old 05-31-02, 06:24 AM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Ok, I'm good with 8/9 or 15/16 whichever the most of us can make it to. Kizoku... are we the only ones still trying to meet? Anyone else still interestd?

We should get at least 5 maybe 6 that way we can turn some heads rolling down atalantic!
Old 05-31-02, 07:33 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill be up for 8/9 meet and for the 29/30 meet. dave, thanks for the info. None of ur relatives drive lexo's do they? cause i could cruise w/ dem. I'd be down for Charlotte meet if it is near the same distance as richmond like u say. Just PM me or soething when ur planning something and I'll let u know.
Old 05-31-02, 07:44 AM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Cool, I'll keep a list of who's/when's

VA Beach

Date Members
---------------------------------------------
6/8 - 6/9 SpectraGS3
MyLexusSC300
Kizoku
zushwa ??

6/15 - 6/16 SpectraGS3
MyLexusSC300
Kizoku ??

6/29 - 6/30 SpectraGS3
DaveGS4 ??
--------------------------------------------

Any suggestions on where to meet up? I hate paying for parking

Also, anyone know how to change your CL screen name? Wanna change it since I sold my blue GS3 for a whtie GS4
Old 05-31-02, 10:07 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Sometime around June 21 - 24 will work better for me, if I can make it (and drive, don't fly).

To change screen name, just PM Static911.

Quick Reply: Richmond, VA or VA Beach Meet